Reload this Page >

Contact lenses and humidity / heat

Wikiposts

Contact lenses and humidity / heat

Old Dec 25th 2006, 3:54 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contact lenses and humidity / heat

Originally Posted by SylvieKid
I used to have monthly ones that I took out each night and then I went to fortnightly ones - I still take 'em out each night but they do seem to be a lot better for my eyes. Also, what lense solution do you use?
Have some of the one shot stuff left but nearly out will be going over to one of those clean it then neutralize mixes I think, whatever hubby already uses. But due an eye test when my contacts run out so will be maybe going over to daily disposable seem maybe like less hassle.

Are the daily ones dearer or does it work out 6 and 2 3's?
Old Dec 28th 2006, 6:04 pm
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
Could be hayfever that does that. I have found I can't keep my monthlys in for a month for same reason and fans or air con make it worse.

Do you have daily, weekly or monthly contacts? Hard of soft (contacts)?

Look in chemists for contact lense friendly drops there is one in QLD that helps break down any unwanted protiens in your eyes that may be causing it or also anti-hystemine drops. How long since you had your eyes tested as well just in case contacts are the problem.
Oh, I remember that day I started this thread - hard to believe it was so hot and dry that day when it's chucking it down with rain outside now!

I don't think the problem is hayfever, having suffered from hayfever in the past plus the problem is more when I'm at work. I think the aircon doesn't help, and like Gedge says, staring at a computer screen most of the day makes them worse too.

The lenses are soft fortnightly ones, and my eyes were checked just a few weeks ago (very thoroughly as I had a bit of a problem with one of them, though not connected to this.

Maybe it was just a case of dry eyes that day? I used to have eye drops in the UK so it may be time to get some over here too...
Old Dec 28th 2006, 7:18 pm

Think I'm replying but you never know on here at the moment... aircon just drys mine up totally can feel the moisture leaving as the draft blows and outside of work the gritty feeling comes and goes which made me think hayfever rather than dry.

Computer screen draws my eyes rather than drys.

Jesus where's the spell checker I'm knackared now.
Old Dec 28th 2006, 11:09 pm
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Computer screen draws my eyes rather than drys.

Jesus where's the spell checker I'm knackared now.
An artistic computer?!
Old Dec 31st 2006, 6:46 pm

One never knows with the new changes need new brain never mind new lenses.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 8:20 am
I'd rather be Buzz!!

SylvieKid is an unknown quantity at this point

One never knows with the new changes need new brain never mind new lenses.
Ever thought of getting your eyes lasered? A friend has and she would swear by it (no, not at it!!) Anyway, I've always been a bit cautious where my sight's concerned but I'm fast running out of my supply of disposables from the UK and am wondering whether to seriously look into laser surgery? Has anyone had similar thoughts or know of someone who's actually had 'em done? :scared:

Toodle pip.....
Old Jan 9th 2007, 8:57 am
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

Like most of you here, I to suffer with really dry eyes. So when cleaning my monthly contacts (every night) my optician has prescribed a peroxide based solution. Which I have to say in may case has made a hell of an improvement!

Since were on the subject of lenses (sorry for hijacking the thread) would you say in oz there cheaper, more expensive or about the same as uk prices?
Regards.Lor
Old Jan 9th 2007, 4:00 pm
Mozzie magnet

Originally Posted by lor
Like most of you here, I to suffer with really dry eyes. So when cleaning my monthly contacts (every night) my optician has prescribed a peroxide based solution. Which I have to say in may case has made a hell of an improvement!

Since were on the subject of lenses (sorry for hijacking the thread) would you say in oz there cheaper, more expensive or about the same as uk prices?
Regards.Lor
I'll look into the peroxide based solution availability over here - I used to use it in the UK but found it hard to find here.

Update re my original query - I must have been having a bit of a thick moment that day, because I now realise that the problem wasn't humidity (as someone pointed out, it wasn't humid that day) but lack of humidity!

Re your query -
I buy contact lenses over the net from:
www.netoptical.com.au/catalog/
Acuvue Advance (fortnightly disposables) 6-pack costs AU$30.50 + p&p
This has been the cheapest source I've found

Solutions I buy from the pharmacy, whenever they're doing a special offer.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by SylvieKid
Ever thought of getting your eyes lasered? A friend has and she would swear by it (no, not at it!!) Anyway, I've always been a bit cautious where my sight's concerned but I'm fast running out of my supply of disposables from the UK and am wondering whether to seriously look into laser surgery? Has anyone had similar thoughts or know of someone who's actually had 'em done? :scared:

Toodle pip.....
I'm at that age where they are set to have major changes so probable not worth it as would just get them done and they would change.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 10:46 pm
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

Re your query -
I buy contact lenses over the net from:
www.netoptical.com.au/catalog/
Acuvue Advance (fortnightly disposables) 6-pack costs AU$30.50 + p&p
This has been the cheapest source I've found

Many thanks for the link.
Regards ,oh and some k to. Lor
Old Jan 10th 2007, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

coggerocks2 will become famous soon enough

I'm at that age where they are set to have major changes so probable not worth it as would just get them done and they would change.

what age is that?....... roughley!
Old Jan 10th 2007, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by coggerocks2
what age is that?....... roughley!
You not supposed to ask that...LOL...

Hubby has just paid $190 for 3 months worth of monthly disposables tonight.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

coggerocks2 will become famous soon enough

You not supposed to ask that...LOL...

Hubby has just paid $190 for 3 months worth of monthly disposables tonight.
I no! but what sort fo age would you say eyes are going to change again...
Old Jan 11th 2007, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by coggerocks2
I no! but what sort fo age would you say eyes are going to change again...
Once you hit forty you tend to go down hill slowly but surely.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by gedge
it's doing my head in too, but i guess looking at a screen all day then going out in the heat doesn't help
i did ask this about 3 years ago, but i still haven't found a good answer.. i might try those drops that Ann mentions
Busy wearing my lenses again now my ??? hay fever has settled and found those drops I mentioned Gedge. They are Alcon Clens 100 Lens Drops for all soft and rigid gas permable contact lenses.

http://www.alconlabs.com/ca_en/aj/pr...clens100.jhtml

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.