Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Constructive opinions?

Constructive opinions?

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 2:38 am
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Constructive opinions?

As some of you guys will know i started building a website for a new online business.

if you dont mind i would appreciate it if some of you could have a look and give me some feedback on anything you think could be better set out or looking.

Constructive criticism is most welcome so is a wee "well done" or " looking good" acceptable

seriously guys, i`m on a tight schedule with it going live online and would like to make any changes ASAP. TBH i aint had a beer in a loooooooooooong time and need to go all out before i get started to clear the head.

BTW there re still quite a few things to be sorted regarding shipping/returns etc but you can actually browse just now all the way to checkout but dont expect to go allllllllll the way as my prices are all set to $0.00 and you cant buy anything

can any comments be posted back on this thread

cheers guys

PS I hope i aint overstepped the mark with the MODS on here by posting this

OOPs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heres the site http://www.priceless-computing.com.au

Last edited by Sunny_Glesga; Mar 23rd 2008 at 2:52 am.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 3:56 am
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Constructive opinions?

Originally Posted by Sunny_Glesga
As some of you guys will know i started building a website for a new online business.

if you dont mind i would appreciate it if some of you could have a look and give me some feedback on anything you think could be better set out or looking.

Constructive criticism is most welcome so is a wee "well done" or " looking good" acceptable

seriously guys, i`m on a tight schedule with it going live online and would like to make any changes ASAP. TBH i aint had a beer in a loooooooooooong time and need to go all out before i get started to clear the head.

BTW there re still quite a few things to be sorted regarding shipping/returns etc but you can actually browse just now all the way to checkout but dont expect to go allllllllll the way as my prices are all set to $0.00 and you cant buy anything

can any comments be posted back on this thread

cheers guys

PS I hope i aint overstepped the mark with the MODS on here by posting this

OOPs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heres the site http://www.priceless-computing.com.au
38 views and no comments? is that a bad sign
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

38 views and no comments? is that a bad sign
Can you sell these?
http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/prod...ucts_id=103519

Well it's a sort of comment!
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of

The layout looks goodThe orange colour makes me think i'm on Dundee Uniteds web page though

Haggis
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 4:35 am
UK is Home

Not at the moment but i have just sent of an email to see if they could supply anything similar. the compam=ny i`m using are adding manufacturers all the time so maybe they will at some point.

BTW i wouldnt mind one myself

Originally Posted by Gjn200
Can you sell these?
http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/prod...ucts_id=103519

Well it's a sort of comment!
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 4:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

I think the website looks very good. I had a good look around it, your prices are amazing, I was particularly tempted by the
Maxtor 500GB SATA 8MB Cache Hard Drive STM3500630AS

for $0.00

and also the
Kingston 2GB RAM KVR553D2S4

for $0.00

A serious comment though. As a joke I was going to try and buy them (and then cancel the order obviously), but there is no 'Add to shopping trolley' button.

I then noticed that if I actually click the 'info' button, I then have the option to 'Add to Basket'. Just a suggestion, but a check box beside each product, and a 'Add to Basket' on the main form or sheet. Also 'info' should be 'Buy'. Cos at the end of the day, thats what your wanting them to do, I didn't click 'Info' until 5 minutes into it, cos I couldn't find the 'Buy' button.

JTL

Last edited by JackTheLad; Mar 23rd 2008 at 4:37 am.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 4:36 am
UK is Home

Who is Dundee United?

Originally Posted by ---Haggisman---
The layout looks goodThe orange colour makes me think i'm on Dundee Uniteds web page though

Haggis
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 4:40 am
UK is Home

Thanx for the comment.

I did actually have the buy button beside all the products on the main page but felt that unless your buying maybe a cable or something similar you would deffinately head to the more info before deciding to buy anything.

I would like to hear more opinions on this though as it could be a big issue and what others would expect like yourself.

cheers

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I think the website looks very good. I had a good look around it, your prices are amazing, I was particularly tempted by the

for $0.00

and also the

for $0.00

A serious comment though. As a joke I was going to try and buy them (and then cancel the order obviously), but there is no 'Add to shopping trolley' button.

I then noticed that if I actually click the 'info' button, I then have the option to 'Add to Basket'. Just a suggestion, but a check box beside each product, and a 'Add to Basket' on the main form or sheet. Also 'info' shoud be 'Buy'

JTL
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 5:23 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Once you've added stuff to the basket, go back for more stuff maybe, there doesn't seem to be a link from the home page, or the other pages I was on where you could just head to checkout. Most sites I've visited, have a checkout or view basket button on the home page. Or am I missing it?

Looks good though. Will BE people, especially mods, get a discount?
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 5:26 am
UK is Home

thanx for that, i was just about to ad the View basket and the Empty basket buttons which will show on every page of the site at the top next to where you can see the amount of products added and the cost

tanx moneypen

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Once you've added stuff to the basket, go back for more stuff maybe, there doesn't seem to be a link from the home page, or the other pages I was on where you could just head to checkout. Most sites I've visited, have a checkout or view basket button on the home page. Or am I missing it?

Looks good though. Will BE people, especially mods, get a discount?
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 5:27 am
UK is Home

i have made a change.

What do you think?

BTW i really appreciate all the comments

Originally Posted by JackTheLad

for $0.00

and also the

for $0.00

I then noticed that if I actually click the 'info' button, I then have the option to 'Add to Basket'. Just a suggestion, but a check box beside each product, and a 'Add to Basket' on the main form or sheet. Also 'info' should be 'Buy'. Cos at the end of the day, thats what your wanting them to do, I didn't click 'Info' until 5 minutes into it, cos I couldn't find the 'Buy' button.

JTL
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 5:35 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

I would say the 'view basket' option is a must. Otherwise it looks pretty good. One thing missing though is when browsing a product category, I want to be able to click on the thumbnail of an item to take me to more info or a bigger picture.

Also you don't ship to Brisbane
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 5:55 am
UK is Home

thats something else i will now look at.

We do ship to anywhere in Aus i just aint got round to sorting the shipping method yet, it will be done before we go live

Are you a potential first customer then? i mean, who else can do the prices like i can

Originally Posted by wmoore
I would say the 'view basket' option is a must. Otherwise it looks pretty good. One thing missing though is when browsing a product category, I want to be able to click on the thumbnail of an item to take me to more info or a bigger picture.

Also you don't ship to Brisbane
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 5:57 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

We do ship to anywhere in Aus i just aint got round to sorting the shipping method yet, it will be done before we go live

Are you a potential first customer then? i mean, who else can do the prices like i can
At those prices I'll be your first, second and third customer
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 5:57 am
UK is Home

how do you guys feel about having to login to the site with lets say, email address and password before being able to purchase? personally in the past i didnt find it was a thing i liked but then again you can lso view all your previous orders you have made.

Comments?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.