View Poll Results: Which Commercial TV station do you watch the most
33.33%
19.05%
47.62%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Which Commercial TV is most watched by the British

Old Aug 9th 2009, 5:06 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which Commercial TV is most watched by the British

Originally Posted by Kim67
And they've been removing episodes of Home and Away from Youtube! It's one of the few things that keeps we poor Aussie girls sane in the middle east (sad I know). You have to watch it really quick before they pull down the latest episode. We don't have free to air or pay tv connected, we watch downloaded stuff and youtube on our apple tv.
You could always utorrent it. I've just looked up there and found the last episode on there (5th August)
Old Aug 9th 2009, 5:08 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
Times may be tough for some but charities draw the line at handing out lettuce leaves that people have skidded on at Foodland!
That's why I said "decent waste food" How come you got this so far off topic ?

Old Aug 9th 2009, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
That's why I said "decent waste food" How come you got this so far off topic ?
Im still waiting for the Grand Poobah of pie charts to dazzle me with the crucial results of what bloody commercial channels Brits love the most......
Old Aug 9th 2009, 5:16 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Might help if you used their names rather than their numbers! I can never remember which is which. But anyway - I haven't voted because I don't watch any of them. The days of being spoon-fed broadcast TV ended for me with the introduction of the Sky Plus box in the UK - and while I haven't got that here, I do have the internet. so I download what I want to watch - channels are meaningless to me - the shows are all that matter.
Yeah, Sky plus has completely changed the way we watch TV. No Australian equivalent then?
Old Aug 9th 2009, 5:47 am
ABCDiamond

Im still waiting for the Grand Poobah of pie charts to dazzle me with the crucial results of what bloody commercial channels Brits love the most......
The things people ask me to do

Pie chart not need for something so simple...

Old Aug 9th 2009, 5:49 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

The things people ask me to do

Pie chart not need for something so simple...
What have you got aginst f#$kin pie exactly!? I want a pie chart!
Old Aug 9th 2009, 5:59 am
Hasta la victoria siempre

johnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of light

In VIC, they're called 7, 9 & 10, and they're all pants.

Only ever watch 7 for My Name is Earl and Family Guy. 9 has nothing worth watching plus crap reception on my digi box (which doesn't bother me) and 10 has nothing either.

They'll be the occasional film on one of the channels but mostly I can't be bothered to sit through the endless mind-numbing adverts. For instance, next Saturday:

9 is showing:
Wild Wild West at total of 130 minutes. The actual film is only 107 minutes long, so thats 23 minutes of adverts. Call that 11 x 2min advert breaks, that means after less than every 9 minutes of actual film time, you get slugged with another 2minute ad break with people shouting "SALE, SALE" at you.

Batman Begins is after that, for a total of 175 minutes. The film is 140 minutes long, which means 35 minutes of ads. Thats 17 ad breaks! One every 7 and three quarter minutes of actual film.

7 is showing:
Madagascar at 110 minutes. The film is only 86 minutes long, so 12 x 2 minute ad breaks, or one every 6 1/2 minutes!

After that, Walking Tall at 110 minutes, with the actual film only being 77 minutes. So 16 x 2 minutes of advertising drivel, so you'd get to watch less than 5 minutes of film before being whisked away by the marketing gits!

I only watch ABC & SBS here. Oz commercial TV sucks hairy old bumcrack!
Old Aug 9th 2009, 6:05 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by johnnyx0
In VIC, they're called 7, 9 & 10, and they're all pants.

Only ever watch 7 for My Name is Earl and Family Guy. 9 has nothing worth watching plus crap reception on my digi box (which doesn't bother me) and 10 has nothing either.

They'll be the occasional film on one of the channels but mostly I can't be bothered to sit through the endless mind-numbing adverts. For instance, next Saturday:

9 is showing:
Wild Wild West at total of 130 minutes. The actual film is only 107 minutes long, so thats 23 minutes of adverts. Call that 11 x 2min advert breaks, that means after less than every 9 minutes of actual film time, you get slugged with another 2minute ad break with people shouting "SALE, SALE" at you.

Batman Begins is after that, for a total of 175 minutes. The film is 140 minutes long, which means 35 minutes of ads. Thats 17 ad breaks! One every 7 and three quarter minutes of actual film.

7 is showing:
Madagascar at 110 minutes. The film is only 86 minutes long, so 12 x 2 minute ad breaks, or one every 6 1/2 minutes!

After that, Walking Tall at 110 minutes, with the actual film only being 77 minutes. So 16 x 2 minutes of advertising drivel, so you'd get to watch less than 5 minutes of film before being whisked away by the marketing gits!

I only watch ABC & SBS here. Oz commercial TV sucks hairy old bumcrack!
Sounds like you have caught a dose of ABCDiamonditis! I prescribe a session outside for a few hours
Old Aug 9th 2009, 6:09 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Sounds like you have caught a dose of ABCDiamonditis! I prescribe a session outside for a few hours
Not as precise as me... the adverts are normally actually 3 minutes long, with the odd ones being 1 minute, but only on Ch 10.

The reason I know, is that I use a PVR to record everything I watch, and the yellow button advances 30 seconds per press, therefore 6 presses = NO ADVERTS

Old Aug 9th 2009, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Not as precise as me... the adverts are normally actually 3 minutes long, with the odd ones being 1 minute, but only on Ch 10.

The reason I know, is that I use a PVR to record everything I watch, and the yellow button advances 30 seconds per press, therefore 6 presses = NO ADVERTS

If youre so precise then why are you asking us what Brits watch???
Old Aug 9th 2009, 6:13 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
What have you got aginst f#$kin pie exactly!? I want a pie chart!
What sort of fascination have you two got for Pie charts ?

Old Aug 9th 2009, 6:15 am
ABCDiamond

If youre so precise then why are you asking us what Brits watch???
Didn't I explain.........

I am curious....

Which Commercial TV station is most watched by the British on here... 7, 9 or 10
I don't think that knowing the length of TV adverts quite answered what channels the British watch

Old Aug 9th 2009, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

What sort of fascination have you two got for Pie charts ?
Fish pie no, lettuce pie maybe.

Your old arent you ADHD? Bless your cotton socks.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Didn't I explain.........

I don't think that knowing the length of TV adverts quite answered what channels the British watch

Neither did I.

Does your missus know youre out wandering the streets in your anorak?
Old Aug 9th 2009, 6:21 am
ABCDiamond

Fish pie no, lettuce pie maybe.

Your old arent you ADHD? Bless your cotton socks.
It's a bit early for you to have been drinking isn't it ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.