Coffee maker

Old Nov 30th 2009, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Coffee maker

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a coffee maker that makes just filter coffee? I don't want espresso, mocha, latte or anything else, just a good cup of black coffee that fills a mug and not one of those silly little cups....makers seem hard to come by now though.

Last edited by Kingseat; Nov 30th 2009 at 11:27 am.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 11:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coffee maker

Originally Posted by Kingseat
Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a coffee maker that makes just filter coffee? I don't want espresso, mocha, latte or anything else, just a good cup of black coffee that fills a mug and not one of those silly little cups....makers seem hard to come by now though.
Like this? Drip filter coffee maker
Old Nov 30th 2009, 11:44 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Why not just use a plunger if you only want straight coffee? I do.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

When I lived in Oz,I brought a coffee maker from an op shop.Not the electrical type.Its a metal one you stick on the stove.Inside is a perforated colander looking thing which you place the ground coffee in.Fill her up with cold water,stick on stove for 5 minutes,presto delish coffee!this coffee maker looks old fashioned but you might still be lucky enough to find one,they were quite common to find 10 years or so ago.I brought mine back to the UK and still use it today!Either that or buy an electrical coffee percolater.My daughter has one and it works pretty good.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by welshviking
Why not just use a plunger if you only want straight coffee? I do.
Never thought of that! Thanks
Old Nov 30th 2009, 10:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livinginreality
When I lived in Oz,I brought a coffee maker from an op shop.Not the electrical type.Its a metal one you stick on the stove.Inside is a perforated colander looking thing which you place the ground coffee in.Fill her up with cold water,stick on stove for 5 minutes,presto delish coffee!this coffee maker looks old fashioned but you might still be lucky enough to find one,they were quite common to find 10 years or so ago.I brought mine back to the UK and still use it today!Either that or buy an electrical coffee percolater.My daughter has one and it works pretty good.
That's your regular espresso pot.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 12:36 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spartacus
That's your regular espresso pot.
It is, however, percolated coffee like that can actually increase your cholesterol levels due to the coffee changing at higher temperature.
Never drink boiled coffee.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 12:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
It is, however, percolated coffee like that can actually increase your cholesterol levels due to the coffee changing at higher temperature.
Never drink boiled coffee.
What's your recommendation TP?
Old Dec 1st 2009, 3:20 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Never thought of that! Thanks
We have one of those which has a capacity for just one-two cups. The only additional conderation this kind of coffee maker is the coffee needs to be more coarsely ground
Old Dec 1st 2009, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

The Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of light

They sell basic filter coffee machines at Retravision.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 7:32 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spartacus
What's your recommendation TP?