Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

A cock in a frock on a rock!

A cock in a frock on a rock!

Old Dec 29th 2006, 7:52 pm
True Blue

ectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really nice
Default Re: A cock in a frock on a rock!

Welcome To Woop Woop

totally wierd about a couple who get caught up with an off beat community in the outback.
Old Dec 29th 2006, 8:22 pm
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rodders39
Saw Priscilla the musical in its' first week here in Sydney... I've seen several musicals before in London/NY and this is right up there with the best...!
Me too - it was fabulous. Watched the film many many times. I love it. The soundtrack is a great uplifting cd for those "feelin a bit down" days.
Old Dec 29th 2006, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

KayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud of

CHOPPER!!!
Old Dec 29th 2006, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Hi I've never seen this 'cock in a frock on a rock'. After reading this will need to make a point of watching it thou. Donna
Old Dec 29th 2006, 8:38 pm
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Donna&Neil
Hi I've never seen this 'cock in a frock on a rock'. After reading this will need to make a point of watching it thou. Donna
It's about 3 drag queens travellin in a bus from Sydney to Uluru - and the people they encounter along the way. Fantastic costumes, excellent camp music, superb one-liners......and also a wonderful aussie experience. We watch it with the map of Australia on the floor - and as the arrive at each town - we move a coin along the map. (i know...we're saddo's - don't get out much!!)

The stage show was amazing - i delayed my move from Sydney to Brisbane so i could go and see the show....(sending OH to Brissy alone to start work) and i followed on alone (with 3 kids:scared: ).

NB - if your not into Drag (etc) - may not like it as much as me!!!!

Last edited by ELLJAY; Dec 29th 2006 at 8:39 pm. Reason: to say we're saddo's b4 you do!!
Old Dec 29th 2006, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ELLJAY
It's about 3 drag queens travellin in a bus from Sydney to Uluru - and the people they encounter along the way. Fantastic costumes, excellent camp music, superb one-liners......and also a wonderful aussie experience. We watch it with the map of Australia on the floor - and as the arrive at each town - we move a coin along the map.

The stage show was amazing - i delayed my move from Sydney to Brisbane so i could go and see the show....(sending OH to Brissy alone to start work) and i followed on alone (with 3 kids:scared: ).

NB - if your not into Drag (etc) - may not like it as much as me!!!!
Hi sounds like alot of fun. Must try and get it from the video shop. Many thanks Donna
Old Dec 29th 2006, 8:49 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Galipoli was a good film ...
Old Dec 29th 2006, 9:05 pm
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

The Castle
Man From Snowy River
Old Dec 29th 2006, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

Keep em coming!

Lindsey
Old Dec 30th 2006, 1:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

The Proposition. Excellent movie set in Australia with Ray Winstone.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 1:58 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Breaker Morant, starrring Jack Thomson, Bryan Brown, and the ever cool, Mr Edward Woodward. Has to be among the most outstanding of aussie films ever made, if not thee most
Old Dec 30th 2006, 2:02 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KayC
CHOPPER!!!
I found 'Chopper' a strange viewing experience. I can't recall any other movie I have ever seen that made me laugh at serious violence. Still, I agree it is an aussie classic and deservedly so.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 2:38 am

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute

An Australian classic is a movie called Storm Boy. Set at the Coorong in South Australia about a boy living in isolation with his father and he finds 3 orphaned baby pelicans. Was done in the 70's, but a lovely movie.

Also another 70's movie worth watching is Puberty Blues. A movie about teenages set on Sydneys Northern Beaches. I learnt alot from that movie when I was a kid

Romper Stomper is another classic. Also had Russell Crowe playing a skinhead in Melbourne. Quite violent, but a good movie.

For something totally bizarre, you could try Bad Boy Bubby. You wont look at plastic wrap in quite the same way afterwards.

A lovely movie I saw a few years ago was one called Under the Lighthouse Dancing. Had Jack Thompson in it.

A funny one with a brilliant Australian cast was Road to Nhill.

There are so many more, but having a brain freeze. Will add them as I think of them.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

tony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nice

The "Craic" top film and prob about 10 yrs old, About two Irish dudes who piss off a big IRA man in Belfast and go on the run to Aus to hide from him only to find hes been put on the witness protection programe and send out to Aus! Its still in the video shops in Sydney now. Some great scenes that backpackers can relate to like overstaying ur visa and getting chased through Bondi by immigration! lol
Old Dec 31st 2006, 8:40 pm
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

The Mad Max trilogy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.