Are cliques ok?

Old Jun 2nd 2009, 12:16 am
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold
Question Are cliques ok?

Morning all,

Reading over a few threads last night and keep coming across this talk of there being cliques on BE and some people saying that they don't feel comfortable posting as a result of these cliques. So, wondering what everyone thinks of this issue - has BE become 'cliquey'? If so, is this ok/not ok? Does it deter people from posting their opinions for fear of being ganged up on? Or is it not cliquey at all, instead just a natural progression of a social forum?

Remember - it's good to talk! Over to you guys,
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 12:30 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are cliques ok?

Always was, always will be. It's a faint echo of society at large, in which humans form cliques with like-minded people because everyone's drawn to people who share their outlook on life. Same is true of every discussion forum I've ever belonged to and indeed every IRC channel I visited in the years before the World-Wide Web was born.

If people can't recognise that, and it puts them off posting here, then they're in for a real fun time when they emigrate.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

When people get to know each other they are going to have more banter with each other on these forums than if they did not know them.I do not post much but have never felt ganged up on.Sue.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 2:06 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peepster
Morning all,

Reading over a few threads last night and keep coming across this talk of there being cliques on BE and some people saying that they don't feel comfortable posting as a result of these cliques. So, wondering what everyone thinks of this issue - has BE become 'cliquey'? If so, is this ok/not ok? Does it deter people from posting their opinions for fear of being ganged up on? Or is it not cliquey at all, instead just a natural progression of a social forum?

Some of us have been posting for some years to this forum. So quite naturally we tend to know other posters and will banter etc. And yes, that can come across as cliquey to someone who has just joined. Get over it imo and join in.

If it were not for the older posters who stay posting to this forum once they have migrated, offering views and advice to those who would follow, this place would be one giant immigration forum and "Whoohoo I got it" threads. And that would be as boring as they come.

As to new posters being "ganged up on", no I really don't feel thats the case. This is an open internet forum and if someone is seriously expecting nothing but fluffy clouds and supportive comments all the time, they really need to perhaps reconsider expectations of any social open forum platform, not just this.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Dunno about cliquey but there are a few characters that could give us all a break if they just chatted to each other on MSN. Interesting threads get hijacked 5 posts in and end up being very monotonous 3 way chats about nothing. Sometimes they descend into attempts at typing the Geordie accent which nearly takes the cake.

This on line forum bizzo really is quite sad anyway, so I'll just go away now.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Don't mind cliques thats kind of part of life.....but there are some bullying types about...some with personal grudges...I just steer clear...its obvious who they are..

I don't mind cliques, just can't find one thatll have me!!
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 2:52 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Happens on every forum to some extent, no different to real life.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 2:55 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

When i first arrived on this forum i was outraged and took some things personally and would rant and rage and argue with everyone, but, as stated in a few above - no different to life. So i just get on with it and no-one bothers me any more tbh.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

Molko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Peepster
Morning all,

I've found this website great and it's nice to actually get replies to my posts. There was a UK forum I was using but unless you posted 100 times a day then you weren't in and your posts were ignored. I've given up on that forum.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 4:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Part of life I belong to some other forums and I suppose I am in a Clique on one mainly because its been years and there are a few of us who know one another, nothing to do with migration or Brits. Sometimes its hard work being in a clique

Being part of a clique takes way too much time
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 5:02 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Petals
Part of life I belong to some other forums and I suppose I am in a Clique on one mainly because its been years and there are a few of us who know one another, nothing to do with migration or Brits. Sometimes its hard work being in a clique

Being part of a clique takes way too much time
Should you be talking to us then?
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 5:26 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
When i first arrived on this forum i was outraged and took some things personally and would rant and rage and argue with everyone, but, as stated in a few above - no different to life. So i just get on with it and no-one bothers me any more tbh.
what are you on about, you're always taking things the wrong way?
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 6:01 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Yes, but we're talking about the forum, not her private life!
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 6:13 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by kporte
Yes, but we're talking about the forum, not her private life!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.