Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Clearing a blocked pipe... (don't be rude!)

Clearing a blocked pipe... (don't be rude!)

Old Jul 17th 2009, 1:33 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Clearing a blocked pipe... (don't be rude!)

My shower cubicle can be a right pain in the behind, I have a hairtrap over the top of the plughole but it still sometimes seems to slow way down drainage wise, anyone know of anything decent to unblock it? I've tried Mr Muscle stuff but heard once something about baking soda? When I first moved in it wouldn't clear at all, then the plumber came back (newbuild so he'd done the plumbing work), took the pipe on the outside wall apart and found a huge bit of brick with my hair wrapped round it inside! GRR LOL

Anyone any ideas?! I'd greatly appreciate it ta
Old Jul 17th 2009, 1:35 pm
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all
Default Re: Clearing a blocked pipe... (don't be rude!)

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
My shower cubicle can be a right pain in the behind, I have a hairtrap over the top of the plughole but it still sometimes seems to slow way down drainage wise, anyone know of anything decent to unblock it? I've tried Mr Muscle stuff but heard once something about baking soda? When I first moved in it wouldn't clear at all, then the plumber came back (newbuild so he'd done the plumbing work), took the pipe on the outside wall apart and found a huge bit of brick with my hair wrapped round it inside! GRR LOL

Dynamite?
Old Jul 17th 2009, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

micmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to all

A haircut?
Old Jul 17th 2009, 4:50 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Oiiiii you two, behave lol
Old Jul 17th 2009, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

vinny1275 will become famous soon enoughvinny1275 will become famous soon enough

I've used the power squirt stuff before and it's worked quite well - you need to be sure the plumbing's in reasonable nick and not completely blocked before you use it tho, or you end up with the pipes coming apart Use baking soda or the mr muscle stuff first, then use one of the power shot things on it..

HTH

Vince
Old Jul 17th 2009, 7:45 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by vinny1275
I've used the power squirt stuff before and it's worked quite well - you need to be sure the plumbing's in reasonable nick and not completely blocked before you use it tho, or you end up with the pipes coming apart Use baking soda or the mr muscle stuff first, then use one of the power shot things on it..

HTH

Vince
Never heard of those? Who makes them? It's just draining a little slower than I'd like, not completely blocked....do I just pour the baking soda down first then follow it with warm water? It's a newbuild so I'd like to think the pipes are ok!?
Old Jul 17th 2009, 7:54 pm
Account Closed

jasonlec is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont use it on yer behind, ffs Anne summers have the tools!!
Also, new build, hmmm, rubs chin while making noise, hmmmm, yer pipes not got the correct degree of fall on it, bad installation, get em to do it correct under your nhbc scheme or tell em to fit a saniflo.
New build are all done on price work an once the guy has been paid he is offski ballofski! Any-who plumbers saying is "shit flows downhill, pay-day thursday..."
Old Jul 17th 2009, 8:06 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by jasonlec
Dont use it on yer behind, ffs Anne summers have the tools!!
Also, new build, hmmm, rubs chin while making noise, hmmmm, yer pipes not got the correct degree of fall on it, bad installation, get em to do it correct under your nhbc scheme or tell em to fit a saniflo.
New build are all done on price work an once the guy has been paid he is offski ballofski! Any-who plumbers saying is "shit flows downhill, pay-day thursday..."
LOL yeah the flow from my bath wasnt right, and a mate fixed it, as it was leaking into the bitchenkitchen ceiling...

It's not the angle of the pipes from the shower, it's my bl**dy hair, maybe I should shave it all offski ballofski? Whatcha fink, a Britney Spears lookie likie on the cardsys!? lol
Old Jul 17th 2009, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

vinny1275 will become famous soon enoughvinny1275 will become famous soon enough

Never heard of those? Who makes them? It's just draining a little slower than I'd like, not completely blocked....do I just pour the baking soda down first then follow it with warm water? It's a newbuild so I'd like to think the pipes are ok!?
I think it's a mr muscle thing as well... But on searching for one, I can't find one, maybe they don't make them anymore... This one seems to be re-useable tho....
Old Jul 17th 2009, 8:15 pm
Account Closed

LOL yeah the flow from my bath wasnt right, and a mate fixed it, as it was leaking into the bitchenkitchen ceiling...

It's not the angle of the pipes from the shower, it's my bl**dy hair, maybe I should shave it all offski ballofski? Whatcha fink, a Britney Spears lookie likie on the cardsys!? lol
I too had hair like yours, wish I had kept it long now! keep the hair an wash it less! Probs is solved, simples yeah? Natural oils an all that malarky, good for the planet not using shampoo n conditioner!
Old Jul 17th 2009, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

wannabe in oz will become famous soon enough

was it ok after pipe was unblocked and then got slow again ?try and take the same pipe apart as before just to make sure, if thats ok take the centre part of the trap out and make sure it's well clean. next time your in shower stand with your heel over outlet and let water level rise then lift your foot. greater volume of water can sometimes shift slight blockages
Old Jul 17th 2009, 8:18 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by jasonlec
I too had hair like yours, wish I had kept it long now! keep the hair an wash it less! Probs is solved, simples yeah? Natural oils an all that malarky, good for the planet not using shampoo n conditioner!
Yeah, maybe the Waynetta Slob look is the way forward! Cheers mate!
Attached Thumbnails Clearing a blocked pipe... (don't be rude!)-sexy-lexy.jpg  

Last edited by Jen1977ni; Jul 17th 2009 at 8:20 pm.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Just been looking for them and can't find them now, maybe they stopped making them. Found this tho - might do the job? Linky

Cheers,

Vince
Old Jul 17th 2009, 8:20 pm
Account Closed

Short hair is "in vogue" so am told by wife with long hair who is a hair stylist.

Fancy a bob?
Old Jul 17th 2009, 8:22 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by wannabe in oz
was it ok after pipe was unblocked and then got slow again ?try and take the same pipe apart as before just to make sure, if thats ok take the centre part of the trap out and make sure it's well clean. next time your in shower stand with your heel over outlet and let water level rise then lift your foot. greater volume of water can sometimes shift slight blockages
I aint touching no pipes! I'll break my house! lol

It's my hair, I tell you, I'm a smeg monster! Gonna take Jason's advice and go 'au naturale' for a few weeks, I'll save a fortune on hair products! WOO HOO lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.