Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Claim to Fames or Brushes with Celebrity

Claim to Fames or Brushes with Celebrity

Old Apr 7th 2008, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

CharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant future
Default Claim to Fames or Brushes with Celebrity

Has anyone got any claim to fames or had any brushes with celebrity?

I once appeared on a saturday morning kids tv show with Jimmy Greaves.

And I met Daily Thompson once at an athletics meeting.

The OH has a few he's proud of.

He once gave Rolf Harris directions to the BBC in Manchester.
and
He once sat on a plane next to Kevin Keegan and chattered away for the duration of the flight. (ok so it was only 40 mins to Dublin but still)
Old Apr 7th 2008, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Claim to Fames or Brushes with Celebrity

I dated Ross Kemp for a couple of months and Ian Walker (ex spurs goalie) for a short while.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

I met Ant and Dec a few weeks ago when I went to their show I was in the front row so very close . met Chris tarrent very nice man. Use to work at abig german car dealership and lots of celebrities use to come in, some nice some you would never see in the same light again

OH cuts a few footballers hair mainly from West Ham and Colin Lyons the boxer hair.

Oh yes I use to be married to David Beckham or was that a dream

Tina x
Old Apr 7th 2008, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

JPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to all

Originally Posted by CharleneG
Has anyone got any claim to fames or had any brushes with celebrity?

I once appeared on a saturday morning kids tv show with Jimmy Greaves.

And I met Daily Thompson once at an athletics meeting.

The OH has a few he's proud of.

He once gave Rolf Harris directions to the BBC in Manchester.
and
He once sat on a plane next to Kevin Keegan and chattered away for the duration of the flight. (ok so it was only 40 mins to Dublin but still)
met brian jacks once when i was a kid at judo
Old Apr 7th 2008, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

My son told me this was Jack Sparrow aka Johnny Depp

Well I think it is the closest we will get to meeting a celebrity anyway.
Attached Thumbnails Claim to Fames or Brushes with Celebrity-aus-driving-079.jpg  
Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:19 pm
22B
BE Enthusiast

22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Oh yes I use to be married to David Beckham or was that a dream
You shouldn't be laughing, because he was definitely dream-cheating on you, love - he is excellent in the sack, I can tell you!! But then I was also cheating on him with Robbie, so.....

As for real brushes, we have inadvertently moved into a street where our neighbours-across-the-road-and-down-one has Natalie Imbruglia for a cousin! WooHoo!!

And I was on 15-to-1 so have actually shaken hands with the incomparable William G Stewart. Beat that.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:44 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

I used to work as a champagne waiter for some serious 'society' weddings...

Have topped up the glasses of several royalty (nice enough bunch), tory cabinet ministers (yes it was a while ago - and they were nasty - too much security around at those jobs) and the odd notable public face.

Terry Wogan was pretty funny (and quite pissed) at a wedding where his son was best man. The bride was a vogue model and the entire party consisted of 'waffer-thin' 6ft tall women sipping champagne slowly and eating the odd lettuce leaf and short Irish guys getting plastered and having a ball!!

..In 1988 I spent a few hours in Brisbane airport with Patrick Moore..
In 2001? My bag was squashed under the HUGE kit bag of England Cricketer Ashley Giles on the carosel at Brisbane

(thinking hard now)...

Oh and now I regularly drink in a small coffee shop in Brisbane that also haunted by members of the Brisbane Lions AFL team, so regularly rub shoulders with coach Leigh Mathews, Michael Voss (Ch10 news sports anchor) and other AFL persons i couldnt identify - Lots of seriously tall athletic people (so i fit right in!!!)
Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:52 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

DADAGAIN are you a celeb stalker really??

Old Apr 7th 2008, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

I went under the barrier at the Millenium Stadium when Wales played Australia and after he's been interviewed by the press casually tapped Prince William on the shoulder and asked him what he thought of the game. We chatted for a minute then I had to be interviewed by Royal Protection & WRU for my major security breach!!! ( Honest!)

Good job I left as I dont think they wil let me in again!!!

Took this picture to prove it!!!
Attached Thumbnails Claim to Fames or Brushes with Celebrity-welsh-flag-004.jpg  
Old Apr 7th 2008, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

mattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to behold

I met Glen Hoddle at Orlando airport when he was manager of Chelsea. We all said hi. My brother said I should ask for a photo but he was with his wife and kids so I was not keen but my brother asked him and he obliged. Very nice of him considering.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

JPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to all

oh yeah nearly mowed down roy wegerle in luton town once!
bloody idiot walked straight out in front of me.
never seen him move so quick!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

When I lived in Worsley near Manchester both David Beckham and Ryan Giggs lived just round the corner from the end of the road I lived (2 mins walk) Also I went to school with Giggs (Moorside High School). Used to see them in the pub quite frequently as well.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 11:47 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Lots actually.

Kenneth Branagh
Emma Thompson
Phyllida Law
Richard Briers
John Hannah
Charisma off London's Burning
Jim Henson (The Muppet Show)
Harrison Ford

My sister met George Michael (Freedom 90 video)

There are more but I can't remember them all.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 11:53 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

DADAGAIN are you a celeb stalker really??
yeah - thats why I moved to Brisbane. Cant move around here for bumping into well known movie-stars?!
Old Apr 8th 2008, 4:06 am
Account Closed

graz79 is an unknown quantity at this point

I knocked over Steve Hislop (BSB champion RIP) at the NEC. neither of us were watching where we were going due to the lycra clad distractions and I managed to knock the wee lad off his feet.

he still signed my t-shirt for me

Also at a bike show that lass i had taken along got hit on by James (future motogp champ) Toseland. Told her she could go with him but I wanted tickets to the races and his motorbike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.