Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Citizenship and time from applying

Citizenship and time from applying

Old Jan 22nd 2009, 4:56 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Citizenship and time from applying

ok folks

I know a fair amount of you have applied and become citizens of Aus

We've applied but are waiting to hear

how long did you wait?
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 5:57 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Citizenship and time from applying

We'll be applying in June so I'd love to know too!
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

keithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant future

hi
we sat our test on the 6th june(08)and we had our letters before xmas and have our ceremony on aus day.

Originally Posted by comet555
We'll be applying in June so I'd love to know too!
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 9:09 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

We applied in August '07, had our interviews (no tests for us baby ) in November and our ceremony on Australia Day last year
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 9:38 am
Account Closed

Machiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point

We applied January 2007, and got a ceremony June 2007.

I think it depends on where you are, many people seem to have had shorter waits than ours.

Mxxx
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 11:12 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by keithandsam
hi
we sat our test on the 6th june(08)and we had our letters before xmas and have our ceremony on aus day.
Did you apply in June, or just sit the tests? Somehow I was expecting about a 3 month wait from application to getting the letter. So I'm a bit shocked about the 6-7 months bit

I was hoping we'd apply on June 1st, then get our letter by the end of August and attend the ceremony by the end of November. So about 6 months in total. I don't really care what day the ceremony is, I just want the first date available.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 11:17 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Applied for test appt in Jul 08.

Sat test & lodged application Sep 08. Got approval in post 2 days later.

Ceremony is on Monday.

This is in Brisbane btw.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 11:19 am
Canuck/Aussie

Originally Posted by bcworld
Applied for test appt in Jul 08.

Sat test & lodged application Sep 08. Got approval in post 2 days later.

Ceremony is on Monday.

This is in Brisbane btw.
So that's about 4 months from the date you were approved to the date of your ceremony, seems like a long time?

The 2 day application result is great though! I assume you applied online?
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 11:22 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

So that's about 4 months from the date you were approved to the date of your ceremony, seems like a long time?

The 2 day application result is great though! I assume you applied online?
No, lodged documents there and then in the office having passed the test. Easiest way to do it I think.....very little form filling involved.

Brisbane doesn't have that many ceremonies I think so there can be a long wait. I know you're in Capalaba but are you in the Brisbane part or the former Redlandshire part (not sure what you call it now?), they might have a different schedule.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 11:37 am
Canuck/Aussie

No, lodged documents there and then in the office having passed the test. Easiest way to do it I think.....very little form filling involved.

Brisbane doesn't have that many ceremonies I think so there can be a long wait. I know you're in Capalaba but are you in the Brisbane part or the former Redlandshire part (not sure what you call it now?), they might have a different schedule.
We're in the Redland Shire, so technically not part of Brisbane at all.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 11:43 am
Frequent Flyer Member

We're in the Redland Shire, so technically not part of Brisbane at all.
In that case I think your ceremony will be run by Redland Shire at Cleveland rather than BCC - they might run them more frequently??
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 11:48 am
Canuck/Aussie

In that case I think your ceremony will be run by Redland Shire at Cleveland rather than BCC - they might run them more frequently??
I hope they do... there are quite a few british people in the area
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 11:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Applied for test in Feb. Test on 16th May. Confirmation 21st May. Offer of ceremony 25th May. Ceremony 25th June.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 11:50 am
Frequent Flyer Member

I hope they do... there are quite a few british people in the area
I know....my ex used to work for the shire and was involved in organising the Australia Day ceremony at Cleveland one year.....all poms & South Africans apparently.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 11:51 am
Canuck/Aussie

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Applied for test in Feb. Test on 16th May. Confirmation 21st May. Offer of ceremony 25th May. Ceremony 25th June.
Now that's the speed I like to see!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.