Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Citizenship approved

Citizenship approved

Old Sep 13th 2007, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Citizenship approved

Well we had our citizenship interview today and we were approved. Just got to wait for the letter now and notification of our ceremony. We were so nervous it was unbelievable. Fortunately, the guy let us do half of the rights and responsibilites each which was a relief as there was one that for some reason I could not remember.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 12:20 pm
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship approved

Originally Posted by mand8002
Well we had our citizenship interview today and we were approved. Just got to wait for the letter now and notification of our ceremony. We were so nervous it was unbelievable. Fortunately, the guy let us do half of the rights and responsibilites each which was a relief as there was one that for some reason I could not remember.
Congrats, we had the same thing a few days back...they were easy on us. Feels good, though doesn't it
Old Sep 13th 2007, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations, we are not there yet but will be soon and have to wait 4 yrs is it hard?
Old Sep 13th 2007, 12:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

I've said it to H but will say again Congratulations Mand8002 and family! So are you all approved, or would K & G need to do their time too?

Which one did you not remember? JTL and I did half and half too, but we thought it was pretty relaxing.

Mrs JTL
Old Sep 13th 2007, 1:52 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations x

Cheers

Ginny
Old Sep 13th 2007, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shakmaty
Congrats, we had the same thing a few days back...they were easy on us. Feels good, though doesn't it
It feels great. Looking forward to the ceremony now. Looks like it might be on Australia Day.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by somme
Congratulations, we are not there yet but will be soon and have to wait 4 yrs is it hard?
We had the interview, not sure what the test will be like if and when it comes in.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I've said it to H but will say again Congratulations Mand8002 and family! So are you all approved, or would K & G need to do their time too?

Which one did you not remember? JTL and I did half and half too, but we thought it was pretty relaxing.

Mrs JTL
Kirsty and Jemma might not have to do the test, as the guy said that once Anthony has been here 2 years on his citizenship they can apply for their citizenship by descent. I actually thought that if you had citizenship by descent (as Anthony has) this was not possible, but I will look into it.
I was struggling to remember the one about appointment to public office, as we thought you had to know them word for word, which wasn't the case anyway.

Amanda
Old Sep 13th 2007, 9:07 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have to recite the rights and responsibilities?

We're applying online Monday, hopefully we wont have to do the test as I know sod all about Australia.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fraser

We're applying online Monday, hopefully we wont have to do the test as I know sod all about Australia.
The guy said that you did not have to learn them word for word but had to have an understanding of what they were. We learnt them word for word anyhow.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 1:09 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Congrats. I think things are changing now with the interview. It is going to be questions on a computer. Not sure what i prefer.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 2:04 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

The guy said that you did not have to learn them word for word but had to have an understanding of what they were. We learnt them word for word anyhow.
Thanks
Old Sep 14th 2007, 2:58 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

I already told you you have to know them, but not parrot fashion..
Parrot = a bird you will find in Australia.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by Weirdstone
I already told you you have to know them, but not parrot fashion..
Parrot = a bird you will find in Australia.
Where's Australia?
Old Sep 14th 2007, 3:02 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

Where's Australia?
Outside of your house mate.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.