Chumley Warners

Old Jun 8th 2010, 1:44 am
Forum Regular

Pommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to all
Default Chumley Warners

Has anybody eaten at Chumley Warners? Is it worth $20 for Cod and Chips?
Old Jun 8th 2010, 1:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chumley Warners

Originally Posted by Pommiebird
The jury is out There have been a couple of threads since the place opened but I think the consensus was that the food was good but not for the money unless it was a special occasion. However...... others weren't impressed at all and others love the place.

Not been myself, it's a long way to go for fish and chips when I'm perfectly happy with what we get down here.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

Pommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to all

Thanks..thought that might have been the case but as a newbie thought I would ask.

Where on the coast do you get decent F&C....Hubby is going mad he can't find a decent chippy.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 2:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks..thought that might have been the case but as a newbie thought I would ask.

Where on the coast do you get decent F&C....Hubby is going mad he can't find a decent chippy.
Don't know whereabouts you are but you can get good F&C down at Kirra - Psari. Proper chips made with proper potatoes. Have to say all the different places we've tried have done great fish, some of the frozen chips leave a bit to be desired but others are ok.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

We shall be heading to Kirra this weekend to try them out.

Thanks
Old Jun 8th 2010, 3:25 am
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Pommiebird;8618374]Has anybody eaten at Chumley Warners? Is it worth $20 for Cod and Chips?[/QUOTE

We me and my friends went there on our way to the Gold Coast last month, three of us were poms and the other girl was an Aussie, we all loved it, they all had fish and chips and I had battered sausages and chips, with curry sauce and a can of lilt.... Best chippy I have had since being in Oz, and there is a british food shop next door!!! Got some chocolate, curry sauce, bisto and crisps lol
Old Jun 8th 2010, 11:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=markandgill;8618516]
Has anybody eaten at Chumley Warners? Is it worth $20 for Cod and Chips?[/QUOTE

We me and my friends went there on our way to the Gold Coast last month, three of us were poms and the other girl was an Aussie, we all loved it, they all had fish and chips and I had battered sausages and chips, with curry sauce and a can of lilt.... Best chippy I have had since being in Oz, and there is a british food shop next door!!! Got some chocolate, curry sauce, bisto and crisps lol
Aaaaaagggghhhhh ya should've give us a bell mate would've been good for a pint or 2 Us and Lee only along the road from there.

For what it's worth having tries psari and chumleys i'd go chumleys everytime imo
Old Jun 8th 2010, 12:05 pm
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

O.K Spill the beans (that saying gets the Aussies everytime )......... where is it then?

Jan
Old Jun 8th 2010, 12:14 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Jan4kids
O.K Spill the beans (that saying gets the Aussies everytime )......... where is it then?

Jan
Birkdale, Bayside

Last edited by moneypenny20; Jun 8th 2010 at 12:18 pm.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 8:01 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

was there at the weekend
cost us 40 bucks but i sucked the inside of that fish to death lol

i would go maybe twice a year though.
Pen is right with Kirra, save a lot more cash too
Old Jun 9th 2010, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Last i heard was they were talking about opening one down surfers and then maybe franchising

Obviously my sources are top secret so don't ask

Jazzys
Old Jun 9th 2010, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Dazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud of

OMG YES IT IS ,WE'VE BEEN TWICE AND ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS .YUM YUM
Old Jun 9th 2010, 8:58 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by jazzys
Last i heard was they were talking about opening one down surfers and then maybe franchising

Obviously my sources are top secret so don't ask

Jazzys
I saw that on their website Well not the location but the other opening and the franchise bit.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bobbyftm

Aaaaaagggghhhhh ya should've give us a bell mate would've been good for a pint or 2 Us and Lee only along the road from there.

For what it's worth having tries psari and chumleys i'd go chumleys everytime imo

I know Bobby, Sarah said that too, we didnt really plan it, just on the way down the girls all wanted to go for lunch and we really fancied proper fish and chips lol, next time we are planning on coming down that way will will give ya's all a shout, we really want to try the indian next door!!!! Although we are getting a new puppy next weekend, so we will be going no where for a while

Gill

Last edited by moneypenny20; Jun 9th 2010 at 10:15 am. Reason: sorted quote
Old Jun 9th 2010, 12:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markandgill
I know Bobby, Sarah said that too, we didnt really plan it, just on the way down the girls all wanted to go for lunch and we really fancied proper fish and chips lol, next time we are planning on coming down that way will will give ya's all a shout, we really want to try the indian next door!!!! Although we are getting a new puppy next weekend, so we will be going no where for a while

Gill
Yeah gis a bell the next time Gill there'll always be somewhere to sleep at ours or Leeky's We've never left anyone on the roadside yet between us

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.