Christmas trees

Old Nov 28th 2008, 7:56 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Christmas trees

Do they have real Christmas trees here? It never really occurred to me that we might not be able to have a real tree, but when I mentioned it at work today (asking where we could buy one) people said they don't really have them here. Everyone in the office has fake trees (shudder).

Maybe it's too warm here? Maybe they can't really grow them here?

It won't be the same with a fake tree and without that Christmas smell of a real tree! I knew lots of things would be different, and I'm happy with that, but this one's a bit of a surprise if it's true!
Old Nov 28th 2008, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice
Default Re: Christmas trees

I don't know about Brisbane (we are in Melbourne) but we drive past a field of them on the way to work every morning, they are on sale from this weekend, so they are not unheard of in Oz.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

We've always had a real Christmas tree here - but again, we are in Melbourne. They don't drop that much either, which is great

Only thing that always worried me, is that a herd of Huntsman might run out
Old Nov 28th 2008, 9:51 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe it's a Queensland thing then? Might have to come to Melbourne to get my tree
Old Nov 28th 2008, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Katehn will become famous soon enoughKatehn will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
Do they have real Christmas trees here? It never really occurred to me that we might not be able to have a real tree, but when I mentioned it at work today (asking where we could buy one) people said they don't really have them here. Everyone in the office has fake trees (shudder).

Maybe it's too warm here? Maybe they can't really grow them here?

It won't be the same with a fake tree and without that Christmas smell of a real tree! I knew lots of things would be different, and I'm happy with that, but this one's a bit of a surprise if it's true!

On the motorway on the way up to the sunshine coast there is a load of xmas trees.

Was planning on sending hubby with an ax.

He doesnt know it yet
Old Nov 28th 2008, 9:54 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Another one from Vic.

The trees may look different to the ones you're used to in the UK.

Here's a pic from one of the many farms near us.
Attached Thumbnails Christmas trees-xmas-trees.jpg  
Old Nov 28th 2008, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Katehn will become famous soon enoughKatehn will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Another one from Vic.

The trees may look different to the ones you're used to in the UK.

Here's a pic from one of the many farms near us.
They look better than a fake tree!
Old Nov 28th 2008, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

They arent nice neat Norway Spruce they are some other sort of gangly pine which shed their needles quite prolifically.

There are Christmas Tree farms listed here for all over Australia.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by quoll
They arent nice neat Norway Spruce they are some other sort of gangly pine which shed their needles quite prolifically.

There are Christmas Tree farms listed here for all over Australia.
Yeah you can get real christmas trees here in Oz.....I never buy one as I think trees should stay firmly routed in the ground!! LOL
Old Nov 28th 2008, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Yeah you can get real christmas trees here in Oz.....I never buy one as I think trees should stay firmly routed in the ground!! LOL
I'm with you... doesn't feel right to kill a tree for 3 weeks.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by homewardbound
Yeah..............takes a few years to grow, then gets chopped down!!!
Old Nov 28th 2008, 11:29 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by quoll

I think that is a matter of opinion. This is what I remember of UK Christmas Trees.

With the exception of the occasional deformed tree I reckon the Aus trees look better (less branchy - more filled). If you feed and water your Aussie tree you shouldn't get so much needle loss.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 7:34 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Blast from the past - ML is that pic taken in Reading?
Old Nov 28th 2008, 8:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by walaj
Blast from the past - ML is that pic taken in Reading?
Could be. I just picked something off the internet.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 4:02 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by homewardbound
Better than killing a turkey for an hour's feasting