Childrens Braces

Old Jul 4th 2013, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Childrens Braces

Originally Posted by chris955
I have been reading up on braces through the NHS and they seem to be widely available and definitely not just for severe cases. It was thought one of my boys might need them and we were told it wasnt a problem getting them but fortunately his teeth are correcting themselves.
Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Well I only know what I was told when young spark went to see the orthodontist - they had photos of severe cases, and we were told that he would have to be in that category to get nhs funded braces.
From NHS Orthodontics:
NHS orthodontic treatment is free for people under the age of 18 with a clear clinical need for treatment. However, due to high demand there can be a long waiting list for NHS orthodontic treatment.

If you or your child does not qualify for free NHS treatment, or you don't want to wait for treatment to start, you may choose to have private treatment. Private treatment is widely available but can be expensive, with an average fee of between £2,000 and £6,000.
Depends on how clear clinical need is determined - and even then there's a huge waiting list.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 10:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

As I said, he has a slight underbite I think it's called (lower teeth are slightly in front of upper teeth) and I would have had to pay.
Oh I got it wrong...DD must have an overbite -top teeth stick out further than bottom ones. She has a goofy smile.
Old Jul 5th 2013, 1:53 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Both daughter's braces were about $5k. Only problem with the tax back is if you pay in installments you can't claim because you tend not to have paid over the $2,060 in one year. Always worth getting a second and third opinion. A friend was quoted $7k for her son's braces, went to another Orthodontist and was quoted $5.5k for identical work.
Old Jul 6th 2013, 2:59 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Well I only know what I was told when young spark went to see the orthodontist - they had photos of severe cases, and we were told that he would have to be in that category to get nhs funded braces.
My son saw an NHS orthodontist just before we left the UK. I was told he would need braces in 18 months time. It wasn't going to cost us anything but is going to cost us $ 6000 in Aus
Old Jan 20th 2014, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Kapri
My son saw an NHS orthodontist just before we left the UK. I was told he would need braces in 18 months time. It wasn't going to cost us anything but is going to cost us $ 6000 in Aus
Can you go back on a 'holiday' to the UK and get the work done?
Old Jan 20th 2014, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caleb2003
Can you go back on a 'holiday' to the UK and get the work done?
This would not be possible.Checkups are required every six weeks or so.Long way to go for check ups.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by irishbloo
This would not be possible.Checkups are required every six weeks or so.Long way to go for check ups.
I meant just go for the braces and then get it checked up in Aus!
Old Jan 20th 2014, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caleb2003
I meant just go for the braces and then get it checked up in Aus!
An Australian orthodontist will more than likely not do this.In fact if you already have a brace on when you arrive they will want it removed and started again.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 7:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

An Australian orthodontist will more than likely not do this.In fact if you already have a brace on when you arrive they will want it removed and started again.
Yes our eldest had a brace fitted in the UK and here it was removed and a new one fitted, must admit the Aussie brace was far superior to the British one! They halved the price as he was part way through his treatment too.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

annier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant future

A friend of ours daughter came out with one on and got the check ups and everything done here on the Gold Coast without taking the original off.
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Why all the concern about braces, it's UnBritish we are supposed to have crooked wonky teeth
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 4:39 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by papilon
Why all the concern about braces, it's UnBritish we are supposed to have crooked wonky teeth
True, it's usually (not always) a complete scam. I think chicks with wonky teeth are sexy. Big noses too.
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 5:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't realise that once your teeth were straight that you had to have a wire fitted permanently behind them to stop them going wonky again. DD is against having a permanent wire.
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 5:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
I didn't realise that once your teeth were straight that you had to have a wire fitted permanently behind them to stop them going wonky again. DD is against having a permanent wire.
And that wire needs to be adjusted, let J's go for 6 months and one tooth has decided to move now have to drag back to brisbane for adjustment.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 2:57 am
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
I know, we were the same and had no idea that teeth do seem to have mind of their own... makes you wonder why we are paying the $7k in the first place if they are just going to go back to where they came from without the permanent wire..we were told the youngest would have to have it on for 6 years afterwards... apparently you can't feel it... makes you wonder how we survived on the NHS dental scheme when we were kids...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.