Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Children left in cars in hot weather!

Children left in cars in hot weather!

Old Dec 22nd 2009, 9:09 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Children left in cars in hot weather!

Did anyone see this on the news tonight?

Toddler left in car during hot temperatures, passers by heard the childs screams and smashed the window of the car to get the child out.

Footage was shown of the poor kid screaming and looking overheated - the mother was shopping at the time.

Jesus, I found it hard being in the car the other day, we had been shopping for about 20 mins and the car was so hot we had to run the air con to cool it down before we could sit on it.

Doctors say the child could have died if he had been left much longer, I found the footage really upsetting - poor kid.

Hope her shopping trip was worth it - I think she is facing criminal charges.

Here is the link: http://southern-courier.whereilive.c...e-mum-shopped/
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Children left in cars in hot weather!

It's amazing how daft some people can be. I know toddlers can be a real pain when shopping, but really. I remember someone once pointing out that if you get knocked over after you've left them and were unconcious (sp?)/fainted or had a seizure when you have left a child in the car, then all attention would be on you and getting you to hospital and, unless the child is spotted it's left behind in the car - nightmare in hot or cold weather. It's really just not worth the risk.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 10:02 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately it happens all too often in Australia. Parents leaving children OR animals locked in a closed up car while they shop, gamble or get drunk. Also on the other side of the scale, parents have been known, and I have seen it, to leave children in cars with the engine running and the a/c on while they go into shops. Cars have been stolen with the kids in the back and the car-theif unaware that they were there.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

Two children have died this year in the UAE after being accidentally left on school buses. And another child, a girl of 2, died after her parents forgot about her and left her in the car.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 10:08 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I was sat in my car waiting for a daughter one day, probably about 25 degrees. Mum parked up, left a window open a bit and ran into the hairdressers. Came out about 5 minutes later, peered in a back window and then went back - I realised there was a tiny baby in the back. I got out and gave the woman a fair amount of verbal:curse: She reckoned the window was open and was obviously a fairly new mum. I think she understood she was a moron by the time I'd finished.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 10:10 am

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I was sat in my car waiting for a daughter one day, probably about 25 degrees. Mum parked up, left a window open a bit and ran into the hairdressers. Came out about 5 minutes later, peered in a back window and then went back - I realised there was a tiny baby in the back. I got out and gave the woman a fair amount of verbal:curse: She reckoned the window was open and was obviously a fairly new mum. I think she understood she was a moron by the time I'd finished.
I'd have paid money to see that! I bet she won't do it again.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

It happened here in france last year; a new father forgot his baby was in the back seat; went to work and baby died. It was really tragic
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 10:13 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
I'd have paid money to see that! I bet she won't do it again.
Good. Have to say I'm not sure it happens more here than in the UK, hopefully the temp would ensure the numbers are less but you can't cater for morons. In summer in the UK there was often a news article about a child or a dog being left, why I don't know, it's not complicated
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 10:16 am

Good. Have to say I'm not sure it happens more here than in the UK, hopefully the temp would ensure the numbers are less but you can't cater for morons. In summer in the UK there was often a news article about a child or a dog being left, why I don't know, it's not complicated
MP, happens here more than is reported, unfortunately.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 10:19 am

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

ok - here goes..............

I don't go shopping round the plaza or anything but have been known to do the following with aircon on and dog and kids in car, usually when one is asleep:

run into
  • the chemist choosing the chemist with big glass windows.
  • pay for petrol
  • go to the butchers - again I pick my local where I can hang around the door and not actually go
  • post letters in post boxes outside post office
  • get fish and chips on mooloolaba spit

I never ever did it when I had two and I try not to now but its just mental having 3 so young. Mine behave horribly too - they are completely crazy, my fault I guess but god knows how you stop them. I dont think its great, but I also empathise as being on my own most of the time, I can see the other side of things.

I dont do it if I dont have the dog and I never thought of seizures mind you.

Vivienne
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 10:57 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

A timely reminder that sometimes accidents happen and for Ava's rule:

http://www.avasrule.com/avasrulepostcard.html

http://avarosemeyer.memory-of.com/About.aspx
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bambi in Sydney
a girl of 2, died after her parents forgot about her and left her in the car.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 11:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by sunbather
I'm at a loss as to how you forget about a 2 year old. I left my eldest in her pram outside the butcher's when she was about a week old (for about three minutes ) but new mum, dead brain, not used to a pram - vaguely understandable but a 2 year old?
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

I'm at a loss as to how you forget about a 2 year old. I left my eldest in her pram outside the butcher's when she was about a week old (for about three minutes ) but new mum, dead brain, not used to a pram - vaguely understandable but a 2 year old?
The thing is, that most families in the UAE have housemaids. Most parental responsibility is delegated to the maid. Some are fantastic, some don't seem to give a sh*t, to be honest. I think this may have been a factor in this case...
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 11:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Bambi in Sydney
The thing is, that most families in the UAE have housemaids. Most parental responsibility is delegated to the maid. Some are fantastic, some don't seem to give a sh*t, to be honest. I think this may have been a factor in this case...
OK. Not really but you know what I mean

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.