Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Child Free Long Weekend

Child Free Long Weekend

Old Oct 27th 2011, 12:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Child Free Long Weekend

kevin is camping with The1 and their mates... Gorgeous has gone to somewhere up North with his mate and mates family, Mumbles is safely at scout camp til Sunday...

We just have the Hop a Long KId left....

Should we

A, Phone round all our friends begging for respite care for her?

B, Treat her to a long weekend of "this is what is would have been like if you had been an only child"

C, tie her up, slap some gaffa tape over her mouth and stick her in the broom cupboard and sedate her, hopefully well enough to knock her out til sunday arvo when the rest come home?

This is the nearest we have come to a child free weekend in over four years!!!!
Old Oct 27th 2011, 1:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child Free Long Weekend

Originally Posted by eddie007
kevin is camping with The1 and their mates... Gorgeous has gone to somewhere up North with his mate and mates family, Mumbles is safely at scout camp til Sunday...

We just have the Hop a Long KId left....

Should we

A, Phone round all our friends begging for respite care for her?

B, Treat her to a long weekend of "this is what is would have been like if you had been an only child"

C, tie her up, slap some gaffa tape over her mouth and stick her in the broom cupboard and sedate her, hopefully well enough to knock her out til sunday arvo when the rest come home?

This is the nearest we have come to a child free weekend in over four years!!!!
Download some movies, grab some chocolate and have some quality time with her, she'll enjoy being the centre of attention and you can relax.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 1:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
Download some movies, grab some chocolate and have some quality time with her, she'll enjoy being the centre of attention and you can relax.
Hmmmmm.... I feel a trip to video Eazi and the English Lolly Shop coming on for some quality cadburys for that quality time......

thanks for the suggestion...

( tidies away cannulation kit spread out on sterile field and puts propofol back into bedside drawer)
Old Oct 27th 2011, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmmm.... I feel a trip to video Eazi and the English Lolly Shop coming on for some quality cadburys for that quality time......

thanks for the suggestion...

( tidies away cannulation kit spread out on sterile field and puts propofol back into bedside drawer)
I think it's because we forget how peaceful and lovely it can be to just have one child hanging around the house and nobody punching each other in the arm as they cross paths in the hallway.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 1:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I think it's because we forget how peaceful and lovely it can be to just have one child hanging around the house and nobody punching each other in the arm as they cross paths in the hallway.
Bugger, Your post has just reminded me, the biggest kid of all is still here.... Hopefully HE will be too busy getting on with the Garden to disturb us....
Old Oct 27th 2011, 1:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bugger, Your post has just reminded me, the biggest kid of all is still here.... Hopefully HE will be too busy getting on with the Garden to disturb us....
Sleeping tablet in his share of the chocolate and all sorted.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 1:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sleeping tablet in his share of the chocolate and all sorted.
Thats not funny..... I used to put sleeping tablets in my ex husbands coffee when he was in "one of those moods" to stop me getting smashed up.... Good job he drank old java... Ridiculously disgusting thick black coffee that if i had more sense i would have put cyanide in... He would never have tasted it through that muck
Old Oct 27th 2011, 2:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thats not funny..... I used to put sleeping tablets in my ex husbands coffee when he was in "one of those moods" to stop me getting smashed up.... Good job he drank old java... Ridiculously disgusting thick black coffee that if i had more sense i would have put cyanide in... He would never have tasted it through that muck
Sounds dreadful.

I've only ever put a sleeping tablet in someone's coffee once and I still regret having done it but I was only 21 and was told to do it be someone older than me. My sister had been at a wedding her husband was supposed to be best man at and he had been killed in a car accident a few weeks before, our mum and dad were terminally ill, it was the night our grandfather died and she had three little girls. She'd had a small breakdown at the wedding and had been brought home by her brother-in-law and I sent the kids to stay with family for the night and her brother-in-law told me to make her coffee and gave me a sleeping pill to put in it. I still regret having done it, we should have just let her scream all night if she wanted to.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 2:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sounds dreadful.

I've only ever put a sleeping tablet in someone's coffee once and I still regret having done it but I was only 21 and was told to do it be someone older than me. My sister had been at a wedding her husband was supposed to be best man at and he had been killed in a car accident a few weeks before, our mum and dad were terminally ill, it was the night our grandfather died and she had three little girls. She'd had a small breakdown at the wedding and had been brought home by her brother-in-law and I sent the kids to stay with family for the night and her brother-in-law told me to make her coffee and gave me a sleeping pill to put in it. I still regret having done it, we should have just let her scream all night if she wanted to.
I can understand your regret, But you did what you thought was right at the time... Drs ofeten give people in extme distss a sedative to help calm them down....

however I wasnt a nurse at the time, just a young woman who got regularly beaten up by her husband... My ONLY regret was not putting enough in it to kill the barstard....
Old Oct 27th 2011, 2:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I can understand your regret, But you did what you thought was right at the time... Drs ofeten give people in extme distss a sedative to help calm them down....

however I wasnt a nurse at the time, just a young woman who got regularly beaten up by her husband... My ONLY regret was not putting enough in it to kill the barstard....
Hehe, at least you're rid of him now.