Chemotherapy

Old Oct 22nd 2014, 1:42 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chemotherapy

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Why, when you have a recall letter does it take you an hour to get through to confirm the appointment??

Still, the lady on the other end of the phone when it was eventually picked up was able to explain what they would be doing to me, or might be doing. It was, as I thought, my right breast, which has begun to ache since I opened the letter. Talk about psychosomatic symptoms!!
I don't know about psychosomatic, but I think I'd have gone a bit psycho if I'd had to be on hold for an hour!

Tuesday, and getting this done and dusted, can't come soon enough. In the meantime, throw yourself into Melbourne and try to give yourself some spoils - one of the best is sitting outside a café on a busy street and having a coffee/tea/tipple while watching the passing parade.
Old Oct 22nd 2014, 1:44 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fulwood
My heart goes out to anyone who has cancer or cares for someone with cancer.I can only advise that caring and watching someone you love - slowly battle and eventually die of cancer after 4 years takes its toll on you. My brother died of anal cancer of all things. He moved in with me in 2009 and died 1/3/2013. It's coming up on 2 year anniversary and seems like yesterday. i did not know how bad I was until he died age 49. he was my priority. I had PTSD and still have PTSD. When doctor told me I told him only soldiers who have been in battle get it. No he said it means you have taken on the 'burden' - term used lightly of the pain and suffering of someone you love. It made sense. Caroline (that's my name) I sincerely hope nothing is wrong and wish you well. Spouse of Scouse - you can only be there and listen. Me - I'm here, one day at a time. Every day I think of my brother. 2 kids raised in an orphanage and now only 1.. He was suffering so much though and couldn't go on..No sympathy for me - I'm doing better bit by bit..
Thank you Caroline. I know that you understand. Thrilled to bits that things are slowly becoming brighter for you.
Old Oct 22nd 2014, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Glad she is out of hospital.

I have just had the results of my breast scan. Got to go back on Tuesday for more assessment. I'm trying to console myself that there is still a very high chance I don't have anything sinister going on, but have a nasty cold feeling in the pit of my stomach now.

Bugger.
Good luck Caroline. X
Thanks - sorry to make you uncomfortable.

I'll probably turn out to just have lumpy breasts!! My take on it is there are changes but they are due to all the weight I lost and have now managed to put half of it back on.

At least I don't have long to wait to have the assessment done. Might put the dampener on my weekend in Melbourne, though it might also take my mind off it.
When you in Melb? Have I missed something ( post )?

Hey if you need any company in Melb. You are more than welcome to come for a coffee or meet up if you like.
I promise I'm not a nutter or anything of the sort....Well, thats debatable I suppose.
Old Oct 23rd 2014, 12:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
Good luck Caroline. X

When you in Melb? Have I missed something ( post )?

Hey if you need any company in Melb. You are more than welcome to come for a coffee or meet up if you like.
I promise I'm not a nutter or anything of the sort....Well, thats debatable I suppose.
I'm flying down tomorrow, so will be there and wandering around just after lunchtime (hopefully) and then have Saturday morning free. (5pm flight out, but OH hopes to finish work by 12 so he can actually spend time with me.) We'll be staying in a hotel in the CBD, so if you are around I'd love to actually put a face to the slightlyquirky poster on here!! I'll pm you my mobile number, but be warned, even when I actually turn it on, I tend not to hear it ring, and I am absolutely rubbish at texting, because it has vindictive text!!
Old Oct 23rd 2014, 1:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

I'm flying down tomorrow, so will be there and wandering around just after lunchtime (hopefully) and then have Saturday morning free. (5pm flight out, but OH hopes to finish work by 12 so he can actually spend time with me.) We'll be staying in a hotel in the CBD, so if you are around I'd love to actually put a face to the slightlyquirky poster on here!! I'll pm you my mobile number, but be warned, even when I actually turn it on, I tend not to hear it ring, and I am absolutely rubbish at texting, because it has vindictive text!!
Sounds like a plan! look forward to it.

Lol@vindictive text, isn't it a pain in the ass!
Old Oct 23rd 2014, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Daisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Thank you Caroline, Molly, Daisy and Sparkles

Yep, escape complete. Something really nice happened on the way out - Di and I popped into Solaris, a centre attached to the hospital that offers massage, reiki, yoga and similar services to people with cancer and their carers. We were just going to pick up some brochures but a reiki practitioner was there and had had a cancellation, so she offered the spot to Di. She looked a lot better after a bit of pampering. Great centre and entirely free.

Funny how things turn out, my sisters and I fundraised during Dry July and raised $3,500 which we chose to donate to the Solaris centre. That was before Di's diagnosis. Nice karma.

Di's staying with Mum for a few days before she goes home. We 'banned' Mum from seeing her while she was in hospital - Mum and my stepdad are in their 80s and my stepdad is receiving palliative care for lung cancer, so we didn't want them exposed to any bugs. Mum's thrilled to bits to have Di there to fuss over and cook for.

And hopefully, the rest of Di's chemo and radiotherapy will be uneventful (touching wood madly). Thanks again for the chance to have a yarn about all this - it really helped xx
So glad she is home, hope she copes ok with the rest of her treatment x
Glad she is out of hospital.

I have just had the results of my breast scan. Got to go back on Tuesday for more assessment. I'm trying to console myself that there is still a very high chance I don't have anything sinister going on, but have a nasty cold feeling in the pit of my stomach now.

Bugger.
Oh Caroline, sorry to hear that, fingers crossed it is nothing to worry about. Hope you have a fab time in Melbourne xx

Originally Posted by fulwood
My heart goes out to anyone who has cancer or cares for someone with cancer.I can only advise that caring and watching someone you love - slowly battle and eventually die of cancer after 4 years takes its toll on you. My brother died of anal cancer of all things. He moved in with me in 2009 and died 1/3/2013. It's coming up on 2 year anniversary and seems like yesterday. i did not know how bad I was until he died age 49. he was my priority. I had PTSD and still have PTSD. When doctor told me I told him only soldiers who have been in battle get it. No he said it means you have taken on the 'burden' - term used lightly of the pain and suffering of someone you love. It made sense. Caroline (that's my name) I sincerely hope nothing is wrong and wish you well. Spouse of Scouse - you can only be there and listen. Me - I'm here, one day at a time. Every day I think of my brother. 2 kids raised in an orphanage and now only 1.. He was suffering so much though and couldn't go on..No sympathy for me - I'm doing better bit by bit..
Keep on doing your bit by bit, it does get easier eventually xx
Old Oct 26th 2014, 8:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Getting a bit nervous as tomorrow is the day I go for more testing. Didn't sleep much last night. Melbourne was great for taking my mind off things. I'm sure I'll be fine, as most people are, and feel silly for worrying. The rational part of me isn't worried, it is the irrational part.
Old Oct 27th 2014, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Getting a bit nervous as tomorrow is the day I go for more testing. Didn't sleep much last night. Melbourne was great for taking my mind off things. I'm sure I'll be fine, as most people are, and feel silly for worrying. The rational part of me isn't worried, it is the irrational part.

It's only natural that you're worried, who wouldn't be. Anyway, good luck Mrs and let us know how it went. X
Old Oct 27th 2014, 8:58 pm
Concierge

That irrational side gets us every time. Absolutely no need to feel silly for worrying Caroline, I think any sensible, intelligent person would be. I'm glad you don't have to wait much longer, and will keep everything crossed for you.
Old Oct 28th 2014, 12:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

WOOOHOOOOO!

The lump in my right breast is NOT cancer.

I'm having a coffee and croissant to celebrate. High cholesterol can go take a running jump for today.

Thanks everyone for keeping fingers crossed, as it obviously worked- even though the computer lost me and I didn't exist for 30 minutes at the assessment place. They had to reboot it to find me.
Old Oct 28th 2014, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

WOOOHOOOOO!

I'm having a coffee and croissant to celebrate. High cholesterol can go take a running jump for today.

Thanks everyone for keeping fingers crossed, as it obviously worked- even though the computer lost me and I didn't exist for 30 minutes at the assessment place. They had to reboot it to find me.

Great news C! That's one box you can tick off.
Next, get those bloody windows sorted.
Old Oct 28th 2014, 5:59 am
Concierge

WOOOHOOOOO!

Oh what a relief, Caroline! Can't tell you how happy I am for you - phew!! Enjoy your celebration, you deserve it!!
Old Oct 28th 2014, 6:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh what a relief, Caroline! Can't tell you how happy I am for you - phew!! Enjoy your celebration, you deserve it!!
Thank you. Phew indeed!

OH is treating me to a few days in the Hunter next month to celebrate.
Old Oct 28th 2014, 6:59 am
Concierge

Thank you. Phew indeed!

OH is treating me to a few days in the Hunter next month to celebrate.
Oh, that's lovely!! Your OH sounds very understanding, the best type of partner to have. Now you have something nice to look forward to, as well as getting your good news. What a difference a day makes xx
Old Oct 28th 2014, 8:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh, that's lovely!! Your OH sounds very understanding, the best type of partner to have. Now you have something nice to look forward to, as well as getting your good news. What a difference a day makes xx
Yes, he's not bad. He liked the walnut whip I bought him to celebrate today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.