Wikiposts

Cheap specs

Old Apr 9th 2007, 11:52 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cheap specs

Originally Posted by Birdey
Thanks for that, I used to work with low income families in Perth and spent a great deal of my expensive time begging charities etc to help get the kids glasses for school.... Just going to let all the agencies who have similiar problems know of this.

Brilliant and thankyou
Will save a fortune.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 3:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Birdey
Thanks for that, I used to work with low income families in Perth and spent a great deal of my expensive time begging charities etc to help get the kids glasses for school.... Just going to let all the agencies who have similiar problems know of this.

Brilliant and thankyou
You're welcome
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

mattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nice

Originally Posted by iPom
Anyone still using Goggles4U?

Any further comments?

Hub broke his glasses this morning so have sent him the link ...
Just recieved mine this morning thanks. Got the transition lenses and they are brilliant. Best 62 USD = 32 GBP (sorry no pound sign on here) I have ever spent. Would reccomend them to any one. Didn't think they would come from Pakistan though. They were opened by Australia Post for inspection by customs.

Julia.xx
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by mattandjulia
Just recieved mine this morning thanks. Got the transition lenses and they are brilliant. Best 62 USD = 32 GBP (sorry no pound sign on here) I have ever spent. Would reccomend them to any one. Didn't think they would come from Pakistan though. They were opened by Australia Post for inspection by customs.

Julia.xx

£ you just have to type in without the spaces and brackets ( & # 1 6 3 ; ) type all of that in you get a pound see http://home.earthlink.net/~awinkelri...shortcuts.html

the Alt+0163 used to work on here but now gone funny and won't do.

Last edited by annqldau; Apr 23rd 2007 at 7:34 pm.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 7:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Julia.xx
That's great to hear Julia - I'm really pleased
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 8:00 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
£ you just have to type in without the spaces and brackets ( & # 1 6 3 ; ) type all of that in you get a pound see http://home.earthlink.net/~awinkelried/keyboard_shortcuts.html

the Alt+0163 used to work on here but now gone funny and won't do.
Must be your browser - ALT 0 1 6 3 works - but &# 1 6 3 doesn't!
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 11:20 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wol
For those using an iMac, that's

Alt 3

Old Apr 24th 2007, 2:05 am
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
For all you glasses wearers out there, can I suggest checking out this great site? My mate ordered and received a pair last week $29 USD.

www.goggles4u.com

You enter your prescription and head measurements or suchlike, choose your frame, choose the glass coating.

(I promise that I have no links to this business whatsoever!!)
I meant to start a thread about eyetests and frame and lens prices over in oz but as yet havent gotten around to it. I intend to get my dentist to do any work needed done before I go and get my eye exam and check all is well with my eyes before I go also as I am not sure whether this is covered under health insurance in Oz or not.
What is everyone else doing? Or should I start another thread?
Old Apr 24th 2007, 2:30 am
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hedgehog-girl
Having been a fitter of glasses in my previous life I can tell you that for the most part of prescriptions below -/+3.50 your PD is not always needed, but above that getting the lenses in the optimum centre of the glasses for your eyes is important. If you are sensitive to slight changes in your prescription not having the correct PD will be noticeably. I am assuming that online providers of glasses will just be taking the centre of the glass frame to the PD. If you have a high prescription its worth trying glasses of the similar size in an opticians and asking them to tell you what the PD is.

You cant take it yourself, its too difficult. You need to have someone with an accurate measuring ruler to take it for you.

Also, some countries do write down their prescriptions differently but there is a simple formula that all opticians have been taught to transpose it to the way which works for their company. You shouldn't have any probs getting a copy of your prescription, although I know of a big firm in the UK who makes it difficult to give them out.
My prescription has always been given to me by my optitians D&A but they never record the pupil distance, they take it when fitting the frames before they are sent off for order but they do not input this on the prescription they give me back.
My prescription is R -250 L-200 so i am guessing that the pupil distance wont be that desperate for me. Just been looking on the site and found a pair with all coatings that equates to about £40!!!
I may try and see what they are like...either that or go get another eye test and ask them to write down my PD...I need to go in for contact lense checks anyway.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 2:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by OzzieNurse
My prescription has always been given to me by my optitians D&A but they never record the pupil distance, they take it when fitting the frames before they are sent off for order but they do not input this on the prescription they give me back.
My prescription is R -250 L-200 so i am guessing that the pupil distance wont be that desperate for me. Just been looking on the site and found a pair with all coatings that equates to about £40!!!
I may try and see what they are like...either that or go get another eye test and ask them to write down my PD...I need to go in for contact lense checks anyway.
Cool - keep us posted
Old Apr 24th 2007, 4:51 am
Here at last!

Just ordered 3 pairs for £40!
Will let you know what they are like....always wanted to be able to have more than one pair to swop around...took my own PD it is 63mm...really easy to do!
Old Apr 24th 2007, 5:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by OzzieNurse
Just ordered 3 pairs for £40!
Will let you know what they are like....always wanted to be able to have more than one pair to swop around...took my own PD it is 63mm...really easy to do!
Oh goody - even I'm excited for you!
Old Apr 24th 2007, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Wol
Wonder if it depends if you use explorer or mozilla, I still use explorer for most things but have swopped to mozilla for expats as faster?
Old Apr 24th 2007, 8:42 am

Question Re: Cheap specs

Julia.xx
So do you order from USA and they come from pakistan? Do they do reactalights/transition lenses?

What's the main web site again for them so I get the correct one?

Sorry for all the ???s
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by annqldau
So do you order from USA and they come from pakistan? Do they do reactalights/transition lenses?

What's the main web site again for them so I get the correct one?

Sorry for all the ???s
www.goggles4U.com

Yes, they seem to come from Pakistan. and yep, they do the transition lenses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.