British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Central Coast Dog Walking Club? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/central-coast-dog-walking-club-667681/)

kaye May 10th 2010 11:36 pm

Central Coast Dog Walking Club?

Hi everyone

I have recently moved down to the Central Coast from Brisbane. I am a busy mum with two kids, a son of 15 and a daughter of 10.

Most mornings straight from school I take my dog down to Avoca Beach. The walk is beautiful and Bouncer (thats my labradors name) loves it running into the water.

I was thinking the other morning how great it would be to meet up with some other mums who walk their dogs, maybe this could be a weekly thing, im not sure but I think it would be a great idea to set up a club if there isnt one already.

It would be nice to sit and have coffee maybe after, anybody else have any ideas?

Look forward to any responses.

Kaye

simnmax May 11th 2010 7:10 am

Re: Central Coast Dog Walking Club?

Hi Kaye, my missus Liz takes our rescue lab cross Oscar to the Haven at Terrigal most days, we're trying to keep him off the beach as the sand irritates his feet even though he loves it (we're looking for boots for him.)
They do great coffee at the Reef & don't mind the dogs sitting next to you at the car park end.
Liz is free tomorrow but not thurs & fri.
We have a son Max 11 who is in Canberra this week with school.
pm your number if you would like to meet up.
Cheers Sim & Liz & Oscar

joho May 11th 2010 8:53 am

Originally Posted by simnmax (Post 8557186)
Hi Kaye, my missus Liz takes our rescue lab cross Oscar to the Haven at Terrigal most days, we're trying to keep him off the beach as the sand irritates his feet even though he loves it (we're looking for boots for him.)
They do great coffee at the Reef & don't mind the dogs sitting next to you at the car park end.
Liz is free tomorrow but not thurs & fri.
We have a son Max 11 who is in Canberra this week with school.
pm your number if you would like to meet up.
Cheers Sim & Liz & Oscar

I live in Umina with a greyhound and greyhound x but I cant let my buggers off as the x wont come back and they grey is deaf and stupid.

Jo

simnmax May 11th 2010 9:04 am

Originally Posted by joho (Post 8557361)
I live in Umina with a greyhound and greyhound x but I cant let my buggers off as the x wont come back and they grey is deaf and stupid.

Jo

Umina is a great dog beach, Liz worked in a florist there for a while & we often take Max & mates to skate park while we go for a walk, love that big rock at south end.

kaye May 11th 2010 9:16 am

Thanks for the emails guys. I cant make it to the haven tommorrow, but it would be good another time.
kaye