Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

cat gone cried my eyes out

cat gone cried my eyes out

Old Mar 18th 2006, 4:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cat gone cried my eyes out

Originally Posted by gina
maybe just a quick call later
No!!!!

Go to the movies. Go to the pub, get drunk! Do something, anything, but don't call!
Old Mar 18th 2006, 4:36 am
One of Big G's girls.

Loubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to behold

sorry to hear how you're feeling. I know how hard it is. We have just got our visas, so now have to decide about our cat. I have been putting it off as its so hard. Shes 16, only got 3 legs and pretty senile ( although otherwise happy and healthy , but we don't think it would be fair for her to send her on the journey. She would have to go to Sydney for quarantine and then onto Perth.
I am going to ask a friend to have her, who I know will look after her really well.
I'm sure its harder for us to cope with than the cats. They do seem pretty adaptable. If I were you, I wouldn't call for a few days, as the cat probably just needs to adapt to her new environment and routine. ( I know I'm giving advice I probably wont follow myself, so please forgive me!)
Take care
Old Mar 18th 2006, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

gina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: cat gone cried my eyes out

Originally Posted by Toontje
No!!!!

Go to the movies. Go to the pub, get drunk! Do something, anything, but don't call!
made me smile

thanks babe try not to!

hugs gee x
Old Mar 18th 2006, 4:37 am
Account Closed

mashy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Toontje
No!!!!

Stop shouting, she`s upset

Listen to him Gina, he`s right You`ll only upset yourself more.
Old Mar 18th 2006, 4:38 am
BE Enthusiast

gina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loubags
sorry to hear how you're feeling. I know how hard it is. We have just got our visas, so now have to decide about our cat. I have been putting it off as its so hard. Shes 16, only got 3 legs and pretty senile ( although otherwise happy and healthy , but we don't think it would be fair for her to send her on the journey. She would have to go to Sydney for quarantine and then onto Perth.
I am going to ask a friend to have her, who I know will look after her really well.
I'm sure its harder for us to cope with than the cats. They do seem pretty adaptable. If I were you, I wouldn't call for a few days, as the cat probably just needs to adapt to her new environment and routine. ( I know I'm giving advice I probably wont follow myself, so please forgive me!)
Take care

good luck with your decision neither is easy especially due to their age!

hope its ok for you geex
Old Mar 18th 2006, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: cat gone cried my eyes out

will try too! i promise x

thanks thow guys x
Old Mar 18th 2006, 9:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Bless ya Gina

Love Lace xxx
Old Mar 18th 2006, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

thanks for those lovely words dont tell but i had to phone

she doing good

im a worrier, tell me not to and well.................just carnt help it

good luck with everything lacy x
Old Mar 18th 2006, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers hun, my lad and I have just watched 'where the bloody hell are you' again. Makes us feel better when we are down but can someone tell them that we are in Shi*** Oldham, lol

Lace xxx
Old Mar 18th 2006, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

well the lovely family that was having my cat picked her up today!

very sad moment .......cried...... my eyes out

but at least she has a lovely family that will love her well.

hugs needed geex
Here is a big hug -xxxx - been there - done that - bloody painful experience - but a choice you had to make - keep smiling
Old Mar 19th 2006, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

sarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the rough

well the lovely family that was having my cat picked her up today!

very sad moment .......cried...... my eyes out

but at least she has a lovely family that will love her well.

hugs needed geex
We re homed our two cats with a friend just before we left the UK. Lots of tears from me and the kids!

We went back to the UK for Xmas/New Year and went and visited them, they were as happy as Larry, didnt seem to remember us at all - which upset my daughter a bit, but i managed to persuade her that meant they were happy and settled and didnt miss us. I'm sure you're cat will be happy too
Old Mar 19th 2006, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

I know how you feel Gina. I took one of my cats to my dad's this afternoon and I feel really lost already. I rang a few hours later to find out that she'd disappeared under a cabinet and won't come out - she hasn't eaten, drunk or been to the loo for 24 hours and I am worried about her. He has already got a cat and, other than a bit of hissing there wasn't any fights for territory which was good. She's such a nervous cat and I do feel like I've let her down but long term I know she'll have a much better time. My dad is retired so she'll have cuddles 24 hours a day and won't have to go outside if she doesn't want to which will suit her down to the ground. Doesn't help much at the time though does it ?!
Old Mar 19th 2006, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ohippy
I know how you feel Gina. I took one of my cats to my dad's this afternoon and I feel really lost already. I rang a few hours later to find out that she'd disappeared under a cabinet and won't come out - she hasn't eaten, drunk or been to the loo for 24 hours and I am worried about her. He has already got a cat and, other than a bit of hissing there wasn't any fights for territory which was good. She's such a nervous cat and I do feel like I've let her down but long term I know she'll have a much better time. My dad is retired so she'll have cuddles 24 hours a day and won't have to go outside if she doesn't want to which will suit her down to the ground. Doesn't help much at the time though does it ?!
god i know how sad

im sure they will be fine, but i know what your feeling! i phoned today..again.. and the lady whos having her said she was sleeping in the cat litter :scared:

god i thought she must be really bad! she does have epilepsy though so may have had a turn due to the stress of the move, she seems to have settled down a bit other than that!

she has older children who are giving her lots of affection so im sure given time me and my little ones will be a distant past.

still miss her on the stairs thow

hugs gee x

Last edited by gina; Mar 19th 2006 at 7:49 am.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 1:06 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

had to phone the lady thats got her!

she has had some dinner, been for a cuddle but she walking round the house meiowing!!!!!!!!!!

oh my god how cruel do i feel!

i asked could i ring again tonight!

i can see me asking for her back at this rate!
Its sooooo hard, I have not called at all, because I felt I had to just cut ties, my best friend works with the lady, so I find out how he is doing regularly.
Now we have interest in the house and I am thinking gotta do it all again with Rosie
Be strong you know its for the best and she is in a good home
Good luck
Jane xxx
Old Mar 20th 2006, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jane and Russ Middleton
Its sooooo hard, I have not called at all, because I felt I had to just cut ties, my best friend works with the lady, so I find out how he is doing regularly.
Now we have interest in the house and I am thinking gotta do it all again with Rosie
Be strong you know its for the best and she is in a good home
Good luck
Jane xxx
thanks jane hope evrthings going well your end

hugs geex

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.