Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Casula Job in Brisbane - How and Where to get ?

Casula Job in Brisbane - How and Where to get ?

Old Nov 18th 2011, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice
Question Casula Job in Brisbane - How and Where to get ?

Hi
Good day

I am a civil engineer with construction experience. I am planning to move to Brisbane in a couple of weeks on 176 PR.
I know securing a job in my field would be a little bit difficult at the beginning and it may take time for me to get a job in Civil Engineering. In the other side, as far as I understand, living expenses are very high in Australia. So, I am planning to get a casual job ( any sort of job such as working in restaurant, super markets ) as soon as I arrive and carry on until I get a job in my profession.
Now my question is, given that I have never visited Australia before is it possible to get a job in the first week ?
Then how would I get that job ? Should I go in person to employers and speak to them?
How much do they give for those jobs ?
Thanks for your help in advance

Regards

REZA
Old Nov 18th 2011, 8:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Casula Job in Brisbane - How and Where to get ?

As far as I can tell (from here mainly), there is just as much competition for jobs such as those you mention as there is for any other job.

I recommend you come with enough funds to keep you going for more than a week and focus on finding your job in your own occupation. There is also the danger that you slip into something else and then never get out of it.

Moving in a couple of weeks, just before Christmas is a strange decision if funds are tight.
Old Nov 18th 2011, 10:11 pm
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

The job market generally slows down before and after the xmas period,you will find a lot more choice of positions in your field in January. The cost of living is dear so look to walk out with approx $1000 a week minimum in your hand to be ok.You should be ok there in your field of work.

Shannon Civil are doing work where i work,look them up online to see if they have anything going.

Last edited by brido; Nov 18th 2011 at 10:14 pm.
Old Nov 19th 2011, 2:32 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

The casual job market is hardest of all during summer. All the Uni students are trying to work to save money for next year. This years school graduates are all looking for jobs too.

I'd wait til Jan/Feb if you don't have much cash in reserve.

Good luck.
Old Nov 19th 2011, 2:58 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

People in Aus take their main holiday period over the Xmas. Usually people get back mid/late Jan and recruitment (generally) starts ramping up in Feb. Like others have said you prolly need some money to fall back on.

good luck mate:sunglasses: