carvery

Old Apr 24th 2008, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute
Default carvery

Just had an email from my mate in UK. He's just found a carvery and raved about it ( we used to like a nice carvery in the old days ... )

Needless to say, I now fancy finding a carvery.

Anyone know if there's anywhere in Perth that does a good carvery ?

( why do I feel such an arsehole asking this question ?????? )
Old Apr 24th 2008, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: carvery

You feel like an arsehole because no matter how sweet life is there will always be SOMETHING that you fancy/want/desire... but not actually NEED to lust after

are you pregnant?
Old Apr 24th 2008, 3:41 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

How strange. I was onlt talking about this very subject today with some expats at work.

Dont know the answer but did a rib (or 5) of beef in the Weber ate the weekend and it was the best beef I've had in years.

Will watch wih interest for a result.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
You feel like an arsehole because no matter how sweet life is there will always be SOMETHING that you fancy/want/desire... but not actually NEED to lust after

are you pregnant?

Christ, I hope not.

I am a 45 year old male.

I REALLY want that sliced beef/turkey with roasters, yorkshire puds, veg, gravy.

I mean REALLY.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 4:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elmtree
Christ, I hope not.

I am a 45 year old male.

I REALLY want that sliced beef/turkey with roasters, yorkshire puds, veg, gravy.

I mean REALLY.
Come to our house on sunday then...

pity you aren't prggnant, could have made a fortune selling that one to the tabloids...
Old Apr 24th 2008, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by EvannTel
How strange. I was onlt talking about this very subject today with some expats at work.

Dont know the answer but did a rib (or 5) of beef in the Weber ate the weekend and it was the best beef I've had in years.

Will watch wih interest for a result.

Is the Weber your bbq ? If so, how did you do it ?

Bizarrely, I am a bit fed-up of bbq'd steak, kebabs, sausages and am need of something different.

What an ungrateful wretch I am ! I spent the afternoon on the beach and came home to a lovely thick, juicy steak and yet I felt dissatisfied. Is it just the taste of the familiar that we crave ?
Old Apr 24th 2008, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Come to our house on sunday then...

pity you aren't prggnant, could have made a fortune selling that one to the tabloids...

Thanks. We'll be around at 12.00.

Funnily enough, we were only talking about doing a Sunday roast earlier this week ( y'know, as it's getting colder - like 25c today .... ) and were wondering about Yorks puds - we used to buy Aunt Bessies - and do they sell 'em pre-made here ???
Old Apr 24th 2008, 4:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

FFS make them...

I can see a how do you make yorkshire puds thread rerunning here...

hot hot hot oven, simple recipe, use european flour..

not rocket science

(sorry forgot you mentioned you are a man aren't you?)

haven't see aunt Bs here, but then we make our own...
Old Apr 24th 2008, 4:18 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Is the Weber your bbq ? If so, how did you do it ?

Bizarrely, I am a bit fed-up of bbq'd steak, kebabs, sausages and am need of something different.

What an ungrateful wretch I am ! I spent the afternoon on the beach and came home to a lovely thick, juicy steak and yet I felt dissatisfied. Is it just the taste of the familiar that we crave ?
Yep its a BBQ. But its more than that - an oven, grill, hotplate, griddle etc. It was the first time we'd done a roast in it (I've had one from a traditional Weber kettle before but for convenience have the Weber Q). It was $100 buck worth of dead cow and was worried about ruining it but it couldn't have been easier or tastier.

Highly recommended
Old Apr 24th 2008, 4:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

what cut of dead cow was it and how much per kilo?

I need detail
Old Apr 24th 2008, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

FFS make them...

not rocket science

My mum used to make her own. Is it just plain flour and water ? Or with an egg ? or what ? Do tell, then I can do it myself.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 4:42 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

FFS make them...

not rocket science

I used to make lovely yorkshire puds in the UK but can't seem to get them to rise here (ohh err!)
Have found Aunt B's in IGA
Old Apr 24th 2008, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by EvannTel
Yep its a BBQ. But its more than that - an oven, grill, hotplate, griddle etc. It was the first time we'd done a roast in it (I've had one from a traditional Weber kettle before but for convenience have the Weber Q). It was $100 buck worth of dead cow and was worried about ruining it but it couldn't have been easier or tastier.

Highly recommended

Can you tell us how you cooked it ?
Old Apr 24th 2008, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Have found Aunt B's in IGA

Whey-Hey !!!!!
Old Apr 24th 2008, 4:46 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Whey-Hey !!!!!
Don't get too excited, it is Perth you know

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.