Car insurance

Old Feb 16th 2019, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

Clacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Car insurance

Okay, so me and the Mr are going to get a car..... now, he has a UK license (He does plan on taking the Aus test at some point) but for now we are in a slight rush (been offered a job in the northern parts of SA. So we would like to get one with his UK license but are struggling to find insurance. Anyone have any tips or been through similar. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 16th 2019, 3:21 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car insurance

Originally Posted by Clacfart
Okay, so me and the Mr are going to get a car..... now, he has a UK license (He does plan on taking the Aus test at some point) but for now we are in a slight rush (been offered a job in the northern parts of SA. So we would like to get one with his UK license but are struggling to find insurance. Anyone have any tips or been through similar. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
He shouldn't have to do a test to swap his UK license for a SA one - we didn't have a test when we swapped our Canadian ones.

As for insurance, I've been with Allianz for over 12 years.
Old Feb 16th 2019, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

Clacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
He shouldn't have to do a test to swap his UK license for a SA one - we didn't have a test when we swapped our Canadian ones.

As for insurance, I've been with Allianz for over 12 years.
Hi Dorothy, you're awesome thank you. I'll get him to check it out x
Old Feb 25th 2019, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond repute

Likewise - I didn't have to do a test (only one of those simple eyesight tests). Fill out a form, pay some money. It was pretty easy. We're in NSW.

Re. insurance, we're with Youi. Was previously with Coles, and saved quite a bit by switching. When I looked closely at the policy (my bad for not doing so from the outset...) I realised we saved money because we had fewer benefits. Even so, once I squared things up like-for-like, we're still on a better deal with Youi. We have our home insurance with them too. When it came to renew time and I pushed them for a better deal, they couldn't drop the car insurance any further, but dropped out home insurance by $80 instead. Same company, so why they couldn't just reduce the car insurance by $80, I don't know, but hey ho there we go.
Old Mar 4th 2019, 11:28 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lucas_Dad
Likewise - I didn't have to do a test (only one of those simple eyesight tests). Fill out a form, pay some money. It was pretty easy. We're in NSW.

Re. insurance, we're with Youi. Was previously with Coles, and saved quite a bit by switching. When I looked closely at the policy (my bad for not doing so from the outset...) I realised we saved money because we had fewer benefits. Even so, once I squared things up like-for-like, we're still on a better deal with Youi. We have our home insurance with them too. When it came to renew time and I pushed them for a better deal, they couldn't drop the car insurance any further, but dropped out home insurance by $80 instead. Same company, so why they couldn't just reduce the car insurance by $80, I don't know, but hey ho there we go.
My general response to Insurance questions is “Anyone but Youi” based on anecdotal evidence and reports in the media of how their quotes are low but their responses to claims are less than great. They seem to reel people in with low numbers but when it comes to crunch time ...

I hope it works out for you if you need to claim (and hopefully you don’t, obviously) but I’d encourage you to explore elsewhere come renewal time.
Old Mar 4th 2019, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond repute

Coincidentally, the general response I'd get from women in the past was always "anyone but You" too...