Cancer

Old Aug 10th 2009, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Cancer

I am really upset this morning and just need to write it down.
My brother in law has been diagnosed with terminal cancer, and is going through chemo. In fact he has his 3rd lot to go through tomorrow.

The whole family is devastated.

It is so sad to watch him and my sister in law go through this, all the emotions are unbearable. I cant imagine what they must be going through. For him, knowing that he is going to die and the fear that must go with that. To know he is going to be leaving his family with the heartache of losing him, and the struggle they will have living without him.
For her, well she is watching him going through this every day, and can do nothing to help him. The pain he is going through is terrible and she is seeing this and really can do nothing to help him. She is trying so hard to hold it together for the kids sakes but I am so worried about her, she fears the future now.
What makes it worse for them is that they are now struggling to live and are having major money worries. They have both always worked hard but he has had to give up work and is getting something like £140 a week from the social to keep a family of 4. My sister is signed off her work as she needs to be home looking after him. (which is where she needs to be). I wonder if she would be better off not working!
x
Old Aug 10th 2009, 10:03 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cancer

It's hard to reply to posts like this other than to wish you all the strength to get through the whole process,be strong for your BIL and sister, support them and the kids.Hard as it will be,maintain your own pain within and grieve when the time is right,wishing you great strength.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 10:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

I am so sorry that your family are going through this terrible experience.
To be practical for the long term, your sister is better off remaining employed & signed off sick.
Are they getting support from Macmillan nurses? It certainly sounds as though he needs some symptom control but they also offer lots of practical help & support.

Last edited by Sally Simpson; Aug 10th 2009 at 10:12 am.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 11:19 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Totally unable to think of anything intelligent to say other than please don't assume that because you may not get many replies compared to number of viewers that you are alone. People are probably just thinking 'crap what do I say'. My sympathies.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 11:37 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

I have a good friend who has very recently found herself in same situation, as her hubby has just been similarly diagnosed out of the blue. Sorry I can say no more to you than I said to her, try and be strong, many people will have you in their thoughts.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute

Sharon I am so sorry - how bloody awful.

I am so glad you decided to go back to Aberdeen. Imagine how you would've felt if you'd still been over here.

Sending you loving healing thoughts.

Remember you don't have to be strong all the time.
xx
Old Aug 10th 2009, 11:54 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Sharon so sorry to hear this, our thoughts are with you X
Old Aug 10th 2009, 12:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

{{{hugs}}}
Old Aug 10th 2009, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

Just typed and retyped my message. Trying to get across what I want to say just comes out wrong so I'll send big hugs to you instead. Be strong for one another.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 3:39 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear this.
We are all here to listen when ever you need a chat.
J x
Old Aug 10th 2009, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

just wanted to send you a ((( hug ))) and tell you im thinking of you and your family...xxxx
Old Aug 10th 2009, 4:42 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Big (((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))) from me too.

Julie. x
Old Aug 10th 2009, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

chrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to all

I think it is harder for the people close to your brother in law to deal with the situation than it is for him. I know when friends of mine have been ill there is a feeling of helplessness because there is nothing you can do, yet the ones who are ill can deal with it in their own way.
Be strong for those that need it both now and in the future yet take time to gather your own thoughts.
Life is an energy form, energy cannot be created or destroyed, only changed into another form of energy, it is not the end, just another stage of the journey.
I wish you strength.

Chris.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 2:35 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

I was told i had a terminal and very agressive brain tumor just over 2 years ago ( some people on here will remember ) Anyway told I had as little as 6 weeks . Radio n Chemo Worked for me as in remission now thank god . I'm one of the lucky ones , Best wishes for your whole family . Just because your told one out come doen't mean there isn't hope .
Old Aug 11th 2009, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Hi Sharon, all the best to your family and I do have some idea how you are all feeling as my step mum died aged 46, leaving two children with my dad, unbeliveably sad, horrific {{{hug}}}

on a practical note, as a former UK social worker I wonder if they are claiming all they are entitled to? Your brother in law should, if he has a terminal diagnosis be claiming disability Living allowance under the "special rules" (I have been away 4 years so may have changed a bit) and your sister should be able to get carers benefits on the back of this. Get them to ask to see the hospital social worker if they haven't already, he/she should sort that out for them.

The very best of luck, and take care xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.