Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Can any Childcare workers tell me about Blue Card

Wikiposts

Can any Childcare workers tell me about Blue Card

Old Sep 21st 2008, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

hunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the rough
Default Can any Childcare workers tell me about Blue Card

Hi,
Just moved over from the UK and wish to get my Blue Card so i can find work,
The application i have found online has a section for employers to complete, can i fill in the form and leave it blank, or is there a different form or can i not get one until i am employed.

Also where did you find jobs, can't seem to find anything much on the internet!!

Thanks for any help
Claire
Old Sep 21st 2008, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can any Childcare workers tell me about Blue Card

Hi Claire,
There doesn't seem to be much around at the mo but the best thing to do initially is to enroll with 123 careers they will sort the blue card and they have supply work everyday. The sooner you do that the better as it can take a while!

Great to see you are here, i've tried a couple of things here but i'm changing again shortly, we'll have to have a chat at sometime!!

Sam
Old Sep 21st 2008, 3:27 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hunt66
Hi,
The application i have found online has a section for employers to complete, can i fill in the form and leave it blank, or is there a different form or can i not get one until i am employed.

Also where did you find jobs, can't seem to find anything much on the internet!!

Thanks for any help
Claire
hi claire steve here
speak to debra ( it`ll have to be next weekend though cos shes on camp with the kids ) she`s done her blue card ( young and vunerable people ) as she worked with the disabled when we first arrived and kids now
perhaps it`ll be another excuse to come around and have a few beers

regards steve
Old Sep 21st 2008, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

hunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by steve`o
hi claire steve here
speak to debra ( it`ll have to be next weekend though cos shes on camp with the kids ) she`s done her blue card ( young and vunerable people ) as she worked with the disabled when we first arrived and kids now
perhaps it`ll be another excuse to come around and have a few beers

regards steve
Thanks again Steve,
I'll have a chat with Debra when she's back, hopefully soon if we get a rental we can repay your hospitality.
Dave has sorted his blue card and is booked on a first aid course, so slowly getting there.

Claire
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 7:08 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks for any help
Claire

Found this website. Not sure if any use.

Cheers

Ginny

http://www.ccypcg.qld.gov.au/employment/index.html
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Blue cards usually need to obtained when the individual is connected to service, for example child care centre/school. When i applied for mine 5ish months ago there was a backlog (it took about 6 weeks). I sent off my OHs 2 weeks ago and the wait is now even longer (8 weeks).

I work for a Family Day Care scheme and have to advise on blue cards frequently.

It's a bit of a catch 22 when you are not working but are needing one, i know as it happened to me.

I gave the above advice as, from my experience that was the only way to get my application in early in order to get work!
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sammyg
Blue cards usually need to obtained when the individual is connected to service, for example child care centre/school. When i applied for mine 5ish months ago there was a backlog (it took about 6 weeks). I sent off my OHs 2 weeks ago and the wait is now even longer (8 weeks).

I work for a Family Day Care scheme and have to advise on blue cards frequently.

It's a bit of a catch 22 when you are not working but are needing one, i know as it happened to me.

I gave the above advice as, from my experience that was the only way to get my application in early in order to get work!
Hi Sam,
Thanks for the advice, i contacted 123 careers and will be seeing them tomorrow, and they will give me a blue card form. I can have cover work both with them and another nursery i saw yesterday,
so i hope to get some work, just really struggling to find a rental, so if anyone knows of a good rental in Varsity that will allow a dog let me know!!
Thanks Claire
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi claire,
check this site out
http://www.domain.com.au/real-estate...+lakes/31.html

sometimes in varsity you have to drive around and look at the complexes (they don't advertise in RE) we wished we'd done it!
sam
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

Hi

We arrived in the GC on monday, i have just completed an online application with 123 today, so i will wait and see what happens, has anyone contacted them directly or have you waited for them to contact you?

minibelle
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by minibelle
Hi

We arrived in the GC on monday, i have just completed an online application with 123 today, so i will wait and see what happens, has anyone contacted them directly or have you waited for them to contact you?

minibelle
Hi minibelle,
They were very quick, I completed the form Monday, they contacted me yesterday and I am seeing them tomorrow.
I hope to get some relief work just to get the experience of the system then hope to get back into pre-school/kindy not thatever see any jobs.
What work are you after?

Claire
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sammyg
Hi claire,
check this site out
http://www.domain.com.au/real-estate...+lakes/31.html

sometimes in varsity you have to drive around and look at the complexes (they don't advertise in RE) we wished we'd done it!
sam

Hi Sam,
Thanks for your help, luckily we have been offered a house today, not our ideal but seems good enough to start.

Claire
Old Sep 24th 2008, 12:21 am
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

Hi minibelle,
They were very quick, I completed the form Monday, they contacted me yesterday and I am seeing them tomorrow.
I hope to get some relief work just to get the experience of the system then hope to get back into pre-school/kindy not thatever see any jobs.
What work are you after?

Claire
I am a Nursery Nurse, but have not worked in the field for a while, i went on the do social work but my qualification is not recognized in oz, i am hoping to get some experience working in a nursery environment, i also have a diploma in Childhood health but i am unsure where i would use this. Lets hope they get in contact so i can have a chat with them.

minibelle
Old Oct 13th 2008, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by minibelle
I am a Nursery Nurse, but have not worked in the field for a while, i went on the do social work but my qualification is not recognized in oz, i am hoping to get some experience working in a nursery environment, i also have a diploma in Childhood health but i am unsure where i would use this. Lets hope they get in contact so i can have a chat with them.

minibelle

Hi minibelle,
Just wondering how finding a job is going, I am still waiting for my blue card to come through.
Claire