Amazon - WTF?!

Old Oct 13th 2008, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Question Amazon - WTF?!

Just ordered a couple of sleeping bags for DD, total cost of order £31, p&p just under £8.

BUT when the ack comes through the email it says £231 - apparently P&P is £200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say I've cancelled the order and contacted Amazon, just wondered if anyone else has had a problem?
Old Oct 13th 2008, 4:50 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Amazon - WTF?!

Originally Posted by bridie
Just ordered a couple of sleeping bags for DD, total cost of order £31, p&p just under £8.

BUT when the ack comes through the email it says £231 - apparently P&P is £200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say I've cancelled the order and contacted Amazon, just wondered if anyone else has had a problem?

Get them sent to a UK rellie, then get said rellie to forward by sea mail. Much cheaper.

I'm pretty sure you should be able to get a good bag in Australia for not too much money. Everyone's having sales right now ... retail is dead.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

$80 for a grobag here

trying to avoid getting rellies to send as they've sent me loads lately that i've ordered off amazon....
Old Oct 13th 2008, 5:54 am
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

You were going to get a couple of sleeping bags shipped 9,000 miles from Amazon ??

Don't you have a Ray's Outdoors in WA ? Cheap as chips over here in Victoria

Al
Old Oct 13th 2008, 6:07 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Buy them off ebay Bridie. Save yourself the fuss.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 6:20 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Ebay would be a good idea.

I'm sure there are other sites that you could shop on. I know there's this one:
http://www.downundercamping.com.au/home.php?cat=393

Never ordered from it, but there must be some sites you could use. There's always local camping stores, Big W or KMart.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bigAPE
You were going to get a couple of sleeping bags shipped 9,000 miles from Amazon ??

Don't you have a Ray's Outdoors in WA ? Cheap as chips over here in Victoria

Al
Never heard of Rays Outdoors.....

BTW I'm talking about babies sleeping bags like this, not general sleeping bags.... http://www.grobag.com.au/range_pages.aspx?id=8

Yes, always order stuff off Amazon as it is miles cheaper than anything we get over here. Might have to resort to Ebay though if I dont get a reply quering the delivery. Had another look at their amazon store and it says shipments to Aus are £200..... must have clicked the wrong bit when I checked before ordering...
Old Oct 13th 2008, 8:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

There were some of those baby/small child colourful ones advertised in either PillowTalk or KMart or Target at the weekend. Only about 20 bucks.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 9:05 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Have you tried searching for a store near you?
http://www.bambiniinternational.com.au/stockists.aspx

Surely you could just call up a store, tell them what you want and have them ship it to you.

I see only one location in Perth (I know you're not in Perth though). Around me there are quite a few that might be the type of store you could call up and have them ship something. Search for post code 4157 and you'll get a few locations around Brisbane that aren't big department stores.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by comet555
Have you tried searching for a store near you?
http://www.bambiniinternational.com.au/stockists.aspx

Surely you could just call up a store, tell them what you want and have them ship it to you.
Yes, I could do that but they are more than twice the price over here
Old Oct 13th 2008, 12:00 pm
Canuck/Aussie

Yes, I could do that but they are more than twice the price over here
I'm going to guess that they are probably imported hence the higher price.

I know I've seen more generic versions of the same thing around.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 12:36 pm

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

check ebay there is a lady on there makes them cant remeber her ebay shop just put baby sleeping bag in the seach they cost $20 just as good as growbags lovely designs too.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kez81
check ebay there is a lady on there makes them cant remeber her ebay shop just put baby sleeping bag in the seach they cost $20 just as good as growbags lovely designs too.
I have a grobag for sale- (6-18 months 2 tog) as my daughter has outgrown it. I bought the next size up when back in UK recently.

Let me know if you are interested!
Old Oct 14th 2008, 2:55 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

At least they have offered to deliver it. I've really had the sh*ts with Amazon lately - Just about everything I've tried to order they have declined to process claiming it beaches their delivery policy. Grrrrr :curse:

S
Old Oct 14th 2008, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
At least they have offered to deliver it. I've really had the sh*ts with Amazon lately - Just about everything I've tried to order they have declined to process claiming it beaches their delivery policy. Grrrrr :curse:

S
I know, I've had to get a few things delivered to my parents and then they post it, which is just hassle.... I think the problem is it's not "Amazon" anymore, it's a bit like ebay where people can have their own store under the Amazon name....

Thanks Pomster, but we're after 18+ months now as she's about grown out of her current ones!!