Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Cairns show, should I go?.....

Cairns show, should I go?.....

Old Jul 15th 2009, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

TimZA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cairns show, should I go?.....

Considering there is a public holiday for some of us on Friday I wasn't sure if I should go to the Cairns Show or if I should give it a miss. Any suggestions?
Old Jul 15th 2009, 11:35 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cairns show, should I go?.....

Originally Posted by TimZA
Considering there is a public holiday for some of us on Friday I wasn't sure if I should go to the Cairns Show or if I should give it a miss. Any suggestions?
I've given this some thought, and the best answer/recommendation is ..... maybe. I've been the last 2 years and enjoyed it, but then my daughter is only 7 so she thinks everything is great and that enthusiasm sort of rubs off on you. It's like a big fun-fair with rides that are OK .... apart from the Ghost Train which is particularly rubbish, and there are lots of side-show/stalls that aren't that great and pretty much seen one/seen them all. You can end up squandering a fair old amount of money whilst achieving very little ... yet I still find myself quite looking forward to it, mainly because so many people do go and it's a big event in the Cairns calendar. I've only ever been during the afternoon, it might be better in the evenings if you're young-ish?

So, on balance, I reckon if you have nothing much else to do then go along, you might enjoy it and if not, at least you'd know not to go next year!
Old Jul 15th 2009, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

TimZA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag

So, on balance, I reckon if you have nothing much else to do then go along, you might enjoy it and if not, at least you'd know not to go next year!
Well, that is probably the soundest advice that I will get. So thank you SOB!

I have been asking around at CBH and some people are very shy to say anything just in case their answer offends. Will see how the weather is and if the sun is shining on my fair lilywhite skin in a way that makes me uncomfortable, then I may leave it for a late afternoon visit.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 11:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Having been to the EKKA in Brisbane once, I would say definitely go, if only to confirm you don't need to go again because you've done it. OTOH you may love it so nothing lost
Old Jul 16th 2009, 12:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimZA
Yes you should.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 12:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Having been to the EKKA in Brisbane once, I would say definitely go, if only to confirm you don't need to go again because you've done it. OTOH you may love it so nothing lost
Here here TP . . . I've been to the IKEA in Brisbane on a number of occasssions and would highly recommend it to anyone in need of reasonably priced, scandinavian-designed flat-pack furniture.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 12:26 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
Here here TP . . . I've been to the IKEA in Brisbane on a number of occasssions and would highly recommend it to anyone in need of reasonably priced, scandinavian-designed flat-pack furniture.
So, did you go? Was it worth it?
Old Jul 16th 2009, 12:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Burbage
So, did you go? Was it worth it?
On a number of occassions. Very happy with the new faux-walnut bookcase.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 12:42 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

On a number of occassions. Very happy with the new faux-walnut bookcase.
Bloody automatic "quote message in reply" checkbox.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 12:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Burbage
Bloody automatic "quote message in reply" checkbox.
. . . and don't get me started on the "Automatically parse links in text" tick box
Old Jul 16th 2009, 1:01 am
Demi-God

. . . and don't get me started on the "Automatically parse links in text" tick box
You can rely on me.