Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Cairns holiday in July 09

Cairns holiday in July 09

Old Apr 21st 2009, 10:29 am
Mermaid

Hoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really nice
Default Cairns holiday in July 09

Is it worth going to Cairns in July? Cannot find useful info on weather conditions from the bureau, the data goes to 1990!!! Is it tropical at that time of year, downpours? cold (relatively)??

Never been before, would love to visit the barrier reef, so any local knowledge would assist. We'd be travelleing from Sydney.

We are family of 5, I love to book a local holiday house rather than hotel/motel/caravan park...so again if any street knowledge on local rental love to hear from you
Old Apr 21st 2009, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cairns holiday in July 09

Originally Posted by Hoola
Is it worth going to Cairns in July? Cannot find useful info on weather conditions from the bureau, the data goes to 1990!!! Is it tropical at that time of year, downpours? cold (relatively)??

Never been before, would love to visit the barrier reef, so any local knowledge would assist. We'd be travelleing from Sydney.

We are family of 5, I love to book a local holiday house rather than hotel/motel/caravan park...so again if any street knowledge on local rental love to hear from you
Got you message, will give you a call - probably tomorrow night - don't know the answer though!

See you in Cairns!!! LOL Actaully we are planning a week on Hamilton Island in July!!!

When you asked me about the weather I thought you meant here in Brissy!!! It's like me calling you and asking what the weather is like in Wagga Wagga in July you nonce!!!

Love

Rudi
xxx
Old Apr 21st 2009, 10:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.cairns-australia.com/cairns-weather.html

Compared to where you are, it will be lovely & warm!
Old Apr 21st 2009, 10:50 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Winter is the best time to go to North Qld.

It's the driest time of the year and you would expect sunny days and mid-20s during the day.

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/climat...=site&lc=31011

I was up there one June when it was pretty cool at night - nothing too traumatic though!

Not sure about sea temperatures for visits to the reef - I would imagine it is probably OK for most.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 5:56 am
Mermaid

Hoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really nice

See you in Cairns!!! LOL Actaully we are planning a week on Hamilton Island in July!!! Really what dates? fancy hamilton Island BUT had friends visit last year end July/August & the weather was dreadful, am thinking about the 2nd week of our hols Jul18-25

When you asked me about the weather I thought you meant here in Brissy!!! It's like me calling you and asking what the weather is like in Wagga Wagga in July you nonce!!! Oh well really!! isn't Cairns closer to you then me..LOL Thought you'd be knowledgeable enough by now..

Love

Rudi
xxx[/QUOTE]
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 6:14 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

See you in Cairns!!! LOL Actaully we are planning a week on Hamilton Island in July!!! Really what dates? fancy hamilton Island BUT had friends visit last year end July/August & the weather was dreadful, am thinking about the 2nd week of our hols Jul18-25

When you asked me about the weather I thought you meant here in Brissy!!! It's like me calling you and asking what the weather is like in Wagga Wagga in July you nonce!!! Oh well really!! isn't Cairns closer to you then me..LOL Thought you'd be knowledgeable enough by now..

Love

Rudi
xxx
[/QUOTE]
You will need to bring a warm sweater. I have experienced evenings in Cairns in July of about 5 degrees.

Otherwise it's a good time to come. The best months are May and September though.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

We went in August and it was fine did not want to be there when its really hot. It was still warm and humid though.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 7:34 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

September / October is my favourite time of year.
Hot but not usually humid.

June / July is the coolest time of year. Mornings and evenings are sweater time and overcast daytime can be chilly by the coast.

We had visitors from UK that time of year and even they found it chilly especially up on the Tablelands.

I would personally advise waiting til at least August.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 11:57 am
Mermaid

Originally Posted by Bix
September / October is my favourite time of year.
Hot but not usually humid.

June / July is the coolest time of year. Mornings and evenings are sweater time and overcast daytime can be chilly by the coast.

We had visitors from UK that time of year and even they found it chilly especially up on the Tablelands.

I would personally advise waiting til at least August.
Thanks but don't have the luxury of waiting any other time, we have to go in school hols now my eldest is in yr 9,, OH won't let him have time off in case he misses some v.important school assignment...blah blah
Can you swim in the sea at this time of year or are there horrid things like box jelly fish or blue botttle things?? anyone know?
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 12:05 pm
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks but don't have the luxury of waiting any other time, we have to go in school hols now my eldest is in yr 9,, OH won't let him have time off in case he misses some v.important school assignment...blah blah
Can you swim in the sea at this time of year or are there horrid things like box jelly fish or blue botttle things?? anyone know?
July is outside the jelly fish season. Diving will be great. It's a good time of the year.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 4:01 am
Mermaid

Originally Posted by Burbage
July is outside the jelly fish season. Diving will be great. It's a good time of the year.
Great thanks for replies