Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Buying a new laptop in Perth

Buying a new laptop in Perth

Old Jan 1st 2010, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

eeksy will become famous soon enougheeksy will become famous soon enough
Default Buying a new laptop in Perth

So mine has just about died and I need a new one.

Not that I have bee looking but the only place I've seen in passing that sells them is Harvey Norman. Does anyone have any recommendations as to where to shop?

Thanks.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying a new laptop in Perth

Office Works and Dick Smith also spring to mind. Plus lots of dedicated computer shops around the place.

And you can by online, e.g. from Dell.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

aaah Dell. Forgot about them. Thanks.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 8:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

The DH has just bought a macbook pro for his birthday to replace the 7 year old mac he has been nursing along for a while now. Must say that I really like the form factor of the macs and now with Fusion (I think it is called) you can run windows and snow leopard (or whatever that is called) quite seamlessly.

With a desktop that takes its time thinking about whether it will open an application for me or not, mac may be the way to go.

If were going to get a non mac laptop I'd be looking at the Vaio range - they look slim and pretty too.

I usually shop at Harvey Norman I must admit although JB HiFi and Dick Smith are now in town and they have good deals as well.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 11:03 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eeksy
So mine has just about died and I need a new one.

Not that I have bee looking but the only place I've seen in passing that sells them is Harvey Norman. Does anyone have any recommendations as to where to shop?

Thanks.
The old man bought me one for Christmas from JB HiFi. Let me say it's great to be able to type and the "O" key works every time.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
With a desktop that takes its time thinking about whether it will open an application for me or not, mac may be the way to go.
Or you could just give your desktop a new lease of life with some extra RAM.

Husband had a desktop just like yours - really slow at opening anything. For $75 we upgraded the RAM from 256Mb to 1Gb. It's now lovely and fast .
Old Jan 1st 2010, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by quoll
The DH has just bought a macbook pro for his birthday to replace the 7 year old mac he has been nursing along for a while now. Must say that I really like the form factor of the macs and now with Fusion (I think it is called) you can run windows and snow leopard (or whatever that is called) quite seamlessly.

If were going to get a non mac laptop I'd be looking at the Vaio range - they look slim and pretty too.

I usually shop at Harvey Norman I must admit although JB HiFi and Dick Smith are now in town and they have good deals as well.

Got a viao and it is knackered after just over 2 years. Might look at Mac though.