Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Buying medicine online

Buying medicine online

Old Nov 11th 2011, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of
Default Buying medicine online

I need to buy some antihistamine/decongestants and came across an online retailer that sells them at a discount to high street pharmacies. Is it legal to buy medicine this way and receive them by post?
Old Nov 11th 2011, 8:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying medicine online

Dunno....

Only issue is if they are coming from overseas are they "grey market" or fakes...????

For the sake of a couple of dollars i'd be inclined to buy locally...

If they are from within australia I dont see what the issue is...

Having said that I buy melatonin online from the states and its hasnt been stopped by customs, yet...

Cant buy the strength I use over the counter....
Old Nov 11th 2011, 8:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Other issue... If they are POMs (prescription only medications) here... You'd have to have a valid prescription.....
Old Nov 11th 2011, 8:44 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Is melatonin that hardcore jet lag shit?
Old Nov 11th 2011, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

Local pharmacies sell them without prescriptions and I don't know where they're coming from. Local prices are $3/pill but online they're less than $1/pill when bought in 50s.
Old Nov 11th 2011, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
Don't know about hardcore but yes.
Old Nov 11th 2011, 8:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
Hardcore?????

Oops... i use it to get my bodyclock reset when I've done random nights....
Old Nov 11th 2011, 9:10 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Hardcore?????

Oops... i use it to get my bodyclock reset when I've done random nights....
Does it work? I hate the jet lag when I get back to the UK. I might get on tinternet.
Old Nov 11th 2011, 9:45 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by discobay
I need to buy some antihistamine/decongestants and came across an online retailer that sells them at a discount to high street pharmacies. Is it legal to buy medicine this way and receive them by post?
If they contain ephedrine or pseudoephedrine you may have a problem. Those ingredients are restricted, so importing them may not be allowed.
Old Nov 11th 2011, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dorothy
If they contain ephedrine or pseudoephedrine you may have a problem. Those ingredients are restricted, so importing them may not be allowed.
Actually they do contain pseudoephedrine. Thanks.
Old Nov 11th 2011, 9:50 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

That's the ingredient used to make meth so that's why you have to get it from the pharmacist.
Old Nov 11th 2011, 9:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dorothy
That's the ingredient used to make meth so that's why you have to get it from the pharmacist.
And produce your driving license...

Yup... Melatonin helps me readjust my body clock....

I'm working tonight at short notice... Bloody good job I've not been drinking

hic
Old Nov 11th 2011, 9:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by eddie007
And produce your driving license...

Yup... Melatonin helps me readjust my body clock....

I'm working tonight at short notice... Bloody good job I've not been drinking

hic
Cancel that, just been cancelled and rebooked... For tomorrow night... But at least thats HALF this weeks mortgage sorted....

And I've got the rest of the week to make up the rest of it.....
Old Nov 11th 2011, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Try the Chemist warehouse or the Discount Drugstore.There is one next to Ikea.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Try the Chemist warehouse or the Discount Drugstore.There is one next to Ikea.
When I asked at the chemist next to Kmart in Garden City, Booragoon they seemed happy for me to buy it without ID. I decided against buying it there and then as it was the brand I wanted. I shall probably go back next week knowing what I know now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.