Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Buyers are liars!!!!!!!

Buyers are liars!!!!!!!

Old Jun 17th 2006, 10:57 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buyers are liars!!!!!!!

No don't use prawns. Catfood that has gone off is miles worse. Off catfood smells like a dead animal. It only takes a few days until it smells rank.
Old Jun 17th 2006, 11:29 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by killamarsh
No don't use prawns. Catfood that has gone off is miles worse. Off catfood smells like a dead animal. It only takes a few days until it smells rank.

LOL OK stuff your curtain ploes with cat food then!
Old Jun 17th 2006, 11:52 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by elfin
Hi All,
After much messing about, our buyer deciding he could not manage to be ready for the exchange of contracts date,(still no date put forward), yet he would still like to complete at the end of June, when he thinks we will have time to move out God only knows.

He rang last week to say he thought that all the fixture and fittings were included in the price :scared: we explained that had he offered near the asking price they would have been but as we dropped the price quite a bit then they were extra.

We heard nothing all week then on Friday the EA rang to say that he had sent a snotty email and was pulling out unless we relented.

My hubby wanted to pull the house off the market, but I can't face people looking around my house anymore.
Anyway the EA dropped their cost a little and the shippers dropped their costs a little so we've lost nothing moneywise but it is not about the money, we really feel that the people buying our house only did this as they know we are emigrating.
I am really upset that they have done this as had they phoned us and tried to negotiate we would have more than likely given them the stuff as they seemed so nice!!
Elfin x
Hi Elfin

Long time - no "speak"!

Sorry to hear of all your problems re "buyers" etc. It just makes me think that nothing has changed with the great English house-selling fiasco since we had all our own problems at the end of 2004 ie a "prospective" buyer taking 4 months to tell us that he didn't have the dosh after all and an estate agent who couldn't smell this particular rat if you dangled it in front of him - now there's another idea! My son suggested "sending the boys round" but I didn't know any!!

Stick with it - it WILL come right in the end.

Regards

Jim
Old Jun 18th 2006, 12:58 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

when I was in 2nd year at high school, the 6th years poured milk into a couple of the carpets in the maths block - place was stinking after the summer holidays!!

we got a large bag of frozen king/tiger prawns (complete with eyes and feet) and hid them in various places round the same dept (a few years later), imagine our delight when we heard of the younger kids becoming hysterical after spotting a huge pink bug with eyes looking at them! hehehehehe

just a thought!