Buy now or wait

Old Oct 13th 2008, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold
Default Buy now or wait

Hi all, I am in a real dilemma whether to buy a house now or wait, not sure the prices will soften here at Noosa?

Any thoughts???
Old Oct 13th 2008, 2:48 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Buy now or wait

Originally Posted by somme
Hi all, I am in a real dilemma whether to buy a house now or wait, not sure the prices will soften here at Noosa?

Any thoughts???
Wait..
Old Oct 13th 2008, 3:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Wait!! If you fall in love with a house, then make a very low offer. Anectodatal evidence (ie what I have read on BE) suggests that there will be some sort of housing slump and that it will become a buyers market sooner rather than later.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 11:18 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Wait!! If you fall in love with a house, then make a very low offer. Anectodatal evidence (ie what I have read on BE) suggests that there will be some sort of housing slump and that it will become a buyers market sooner rather than later.
Somme, Noosa prices tend to sit within a certain range usually but have fallen dramatically esp in Noosa heads this last year...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...09/2359502.htm

Perigean Springs has gone up as have a couple of other places. The question is, how much further will they fall, considering Noosa is a 'luxury' market (in theory)
RP Data can give you more info - you can buy reports for $20-$40 to get info on sales.

If you've found a house, then you're in a buyers market and can really offer much lower than the price... If you're looking to make a quick buck on a house, buy now and keep for a couple of years and then sell when market rises. If you're looking for a home that you're going to be in for 10-20 years, then it really doesn't matter ... The only thing that matters is that you can afford it and wear some possible rate rises.
Given the rise in markets this morning, and the knock on effects this will have on market confidence, the recent crashes may be a blip and this may affect the house market.... If people feel confident again, they'll buy.

But if you want to buy, have the money, found the right house and can wear the cost, buy. House prices rise and fall. But Noosa is a buyers market. 37% is a gift. Make a low and somewhat blind cheek offer.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 11:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

I personally think the days of "making a quick buck" are well and truely over.

The get rich quick mentality is the reason the world is in the mess it's in.

If you want a home, buy one.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by tictac

What he says, Somme.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 12:38 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tictac

I fell in love with the house we have just bought - we settle on Monday. Yes we could have waited a bit, but what for? A slight drop in price? Drop in interest rates?

Interest rates have dropped twice since we applied and we cannot get anything like our house for the price we paid ($340,000).

We spend most of our lives waiting for something - our visas, 'the right time' to do stuff, and considering how unpredictable and short life is, I also believe that if you see somewhere you like or you have a good opportunity then dont be greedy and pass it by, grab it with both hands.

We are going to have a few (very) skint months, but I cant wait to move in now.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

I fell in love with the house we have just bought - we settle on Monday. Yes we could have waited a bit, but what for? A slight drop in price? Drop in interest rates?

Interest rates have dropped twice since we applied and we cannot get anything like our house for the price we paid ($340,000).

We spend most of our lives waiting for something - our visas, 'the right time' to do stuff, and considering how unpredictable and short life is, I also believe that if you see somewhere you like or you have a good opportunity then dont be greedy and pass it by, grab it with both hands.

We are going to have a few (very) skint months, but I cant wait to move in now.
Would love to see some pics PP when you are settled. Hope it all goes smoothly.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 12:50 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Would love to see some pics PP when you are settled. Hope it all goes smoothly.
I cant wait till its over

Will send pics but it needs painting (badly) too much blue.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 12:54 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by somme

Any thoughts???
If you find the right house at the right price buy. Do not feel any need to rush in. Lifestyle housing is certainly softening as people unload unneeded luxuries.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 12:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Don't paint it badly, paint it well!

Need to find somewhere in Killara 2071 area to buy, but it's all out of our range. So I will have to wait and see...
Old Oct 14th 2008, 1:49 am

I can handle blue. Look forward to the pics!
Old Oct 14th 2008, 1:57 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

same with ours - army green, i kid you not. looks like a barracks at the mo.

funnily enough we will be painting it blue!
Old Oct 14th 2008, 1:59 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by kporte
same with ours - army green, i kid you not. looks like a barracks at the mo.

funnily enough we will be painting it blue!
The house i bought was deep purple

They like weird colours over here...i painted it a different colour as soon as we moved in.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Thanks everyone as usual you have all been really helpful

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.