British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   but I don't have any pyjamas to wear… (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/but-i-dont-have-any-pyjamas-wear%E2%80%A6-448911/)

gedge May 9th 2007 6:53 pm

Re: but I don't have any pyjamas to wear…

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt (Post 4759918)
My wits gathering slowly I examine the outcome. I’ve been crudely shaved across by belly. There’s three red blotches leading down from my belly to my crotch. “Is that all?” but then I recall that the talk of keyhole and that appendix aren’t all that big.

Oh dear hope you are not feeling to sore ! Never heard of keyhole surgery for having your appendix out before !
Are all of your other organs that small ;)

Nicky :rofl:

ha ha ha.. my sides are splitting :D
thanks for that

gedge May 9th 2007 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by moneypen20 (Post 4759923)
So have you not been here then, sorry not noticed:p

Typical bloke, make a huge fuss about nothing and once you THINK you've recovered you want to get back to work because you think you are completely indispensable. You will then do too much too soon, become a muppet not a hero and be off work for even longer.

Lecture over. Hope you're feeling better and not making Jules's life too awful. Have a hug:thumbsup:

consider myself told then huh
thanks for the hug

thewoodz May 9th 2007 6:56 pm

oh Gedge - sorry i asked you to "work" when you have been so ill:blink:

i hope you get well soon and you must remember to take it easy - my daughter had hers out when she was 6 and it really knocked her off her feet for about 4 weeks,

i must admit when you saw your wounds and the tone of your story i thought you were going to end by saying they had given you the "snip":eek: :rofl:

Get well soon x

Clippy May 9th 2007 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by gedge (Post 4759935)
thanks K, looks like the running is out for a while :D
wouldn't worry about meoverdoing it, my work is hardly energetic but i'll take on board what you're all telling me and stop work for today

Lol oh god yes don't do any running! :lol:

Yes true, at least you can take it fairly easy at work but just be careful ;)

Pollyana May 9th 2007 8:17 pm

I noticed you were missing, thought I'd pushed you over the edge with that job I sent your way :D Glad you're OK mate, now take it easy for a few days.

Ransi May 9th 2007 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by gedge (Post 4759833)
well i had nothing else to do did i
and i think i'll stick to sleeping in the nuddy, thanks for the shopping tip though

Shit! Does that mean theres more man whinging to come?

In the nuddy with a splash of Old Spice or Hi-Karate.

curly May 9th 2007 10:00 pm

Is anyone going to buy the film rights? :blink:

Get well soon Gedge :p

samnsam May 9th 2007 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by curly (Post 4760516)
Is anyone going to buy the film rights? :blink:

Get well soon Gedge :p

Names in the hat on which actor gets to play Gedge's part.

iPom May 9th 2007 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by samnsam (Post 4760615)

James Spader or Christopher Walken

thewoodz May 9th 2007 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by iPom (Post 4760630)
James Spader or Christopher Walken

are they hairy? i mean look at his avatar :lol:

and have they done nude parts :eek:

iPom May 9th 2007 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by thewoodz (Post 4760640)
are they hairy? i mean look at his avatar :lol:

and have they done nude parts :eek:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...11147729523919

I see Gedge like the above.

curly May 9th 2007 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by samnsam (Post 4760615)

Pudsey bear :blink:

nightnurse2 May 9th 2007 10:38 pm

Hope you're feeling better soon :)
My hubby had his out whilst we were on holiday in Greece. The Doc did a rectal exam (without informing him first:huh: ) and he's never forgiven me for it - wtf - it wasn't me that did it.
When I got to the hospital the next day, he wasn't in his room, a nurse asked me to follow him and I ended up walking into the theatre where the Doc was waiting for me, gowned and gloved up - hubby had told them he wasn't coming near him until I arrived because I was a nurse;) Had to stand there and watch whilst he had the op, in my shorts and sandals, covered with a gown and plastic shoes shoe covers, holding my handbag with the passports and money in!
It was an horrendous experience and he couldn't wait to get home. When we got home he had his mum take out the stitches (she was a nurse too) which pissed me off as I'd been looking after him for the week:thumbdown:

samnsam May 9th 2007 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by nightnurse2 (Post 4760687)
Hope you're feeling better soon :)
My hubby had his out whilst we were on holiday in Greece. The Doc did a rectal exam (without informing him first:huh: ) and he's never forgiven me for it - wtf - it wasn't me that did it.
When I got to the hospital the next day, he wasn't in his room, a nurse asked me to follow him and I ended up walking into the theatre where the Doc was waiting for me, gowned and gloved up - hubby had told them he wasn't coming near him until I arrived because I was a nurse;) Had to stand there and watch whilst he had the op, in my shorts and sandals, covered with a gown and plastic shoes shoe covers, holding my handbag with the passports and money in!
It was an horrendous experience and he couldn't wait to get home. When we got home he had his mum take out the stitches (she was a nurse too) which pissed me off as I'd been looking after him for the week:thumbdown:

PMSL:rofl: Im sure we could fit that story into the script. Still thinking of a Gedge lookie-likey

thewoodz May 9th 2007 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by iPom (Post 4760674)

brill :thumbsup:

mind you i don't think Gedge will be doing much dancing any time soon

funny how we perceive people