Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Britons leaving the country in record numbers

Originally Posted by Dom the Pom
Why?
Because we're all immigrants over here!
Old Dec 9th 2007, 5:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Totally agree with you there. In the 3.5 years we've lived here (northern suburbs...Little Britain!) we've seen things change a lot as the estate has grown. There is more vandalism, more graffitti, more broken glass strewn around etc.

A right shame. Wish somehow the teenage Brit kids could leave their chav attitudes at the UK airports as they get on the plane to start their new lives.
Judging by what you guys say, this is shocking. I think one of the biggest issues for some Australian suburbs is the pomification of some of them.

I reckon it is possible to number-crunch Australia in a particular way and end up doing OK. But a little bit of lateral, thinking is needed, and a few sacrifices might need to be made here or there. It is not as easy as it was 3 or 4 years ago.

In general, as for people saying prices have gone up alot in 5 - (or other posters -8 years). Well - the best part of a decade is along time. Compare 1980 to 1990 and you'd be surprised.
Old Dec 9th 2007, 5:40 am
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by steve`o
http://money.uk.msn.com/investing/ar...mentid=6865583

comments please ??
why did you leave ???
Because we had the opportunity to... and we didn't want to be sitting in the UK in 20 years time saying "umm, I wonder what would've happened if we'd have gone to Australia"... so we came! And so far it's been bloody marvellous! The wages are pretty crappy where we are for skilled tradies (employed rather than self employed).. but hoping to change all that in the new year with a new business venture.. fingers crossed we might be able to afford to buy a house one day. And I might be able to get a job that pays more than $20 an hour.......

Sonic x
Old Dec 9th 2007, 9:24 am
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

You believe the immigrants that bring the same culture, values and hundreds of thousands of pounds into the Australian economy can be compared to the huge influx of immigrants coming into the UK from the middle east and eastern Europe and China?
Old Dec 9th 2007, 9:49 am
Just Joined

Popeye01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Britons leaving the country in record numbers

Originally Posted by steve`o
http://money.uk.msn.com/investing/ar...mentid=6865583

comments please ??
why did you leave ???
Going because I'm sort of developing webbed feet! just want to feel a bit of sun on my face.
Oh yeah and barbies, good people with a strong and decent attitude of helping one another. Don't get me wrong Australia is not utopia but it beats the socks off the UK. I mean when is the last time you could predict the weekends weather in the UK, enough to be able to invite friends round for a barbie in the garden?
Bloody Micheal Fish couldn't do it so what chance us!?
Another thing to moan about is; We are being bled to death by the British Government with so many underhanded secret taxes.
I'm going to OZ even though as a contrubutionary parent it is costing for me and my wife an approx £35K to do it. I could break this down if I could be bothered but suffice to say that the main part of the visa cost $55,700.
Now that my friends is committment!!
Old Dec 9th 2007, 11:04 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Popeye01
Going because I'm sort of developing webbed feet! just want to feel a bit of sun on my face.
Oh yeah and barbies, good people with a strong and decent attitude of helping one another. Don't get me wrong Australia is not utopia but it beats the socks off the UK. I mean when is the last time you could predict the weekends weather in the UK, enough to be able to invite friends round for a barbie in the garden?
Bloody Micheal Fish couldn't do it so what chance us!?
Another thing to moan about is; We are being bled to death by the British Government with so many underhanded secret taxes.
I'm going to OZ even though as a contrubutionary parent it is costing for me and my wife an approx £35K to do it. I could break this down if I could be bothered but suffice to say that the main part of the visa cost $55,700.
Now that my friends is committment!!
The taxes you will pay in Aus will be in all likelihood, every bit as high as in the UK.
Old Dec 9th 2007, 11:16 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, it's so obvious isn't it?

UK teenager, fresh off the boat; Adidas track pants, football shirt, baseball cap, earrings and bling, pasty skin, acne and a snarl.

Ozzie teenagers born and bred; tatty collar length hair (usually full of sand), baggy boardies, singlet, a sun tan, thongs (if they're going somewhere special!) surfboard or skateboard tucked under arm.

I know which one I prefer.

These are just generalisations before someone takes offence
Generalisations maybe, but surprisingly accurate...
Old Dec 9th 2007, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dom the Pom
Why?
Yeah, don't you know we're all just 'immigrants'

Sooo ironic to sooo many on this forum...

Well, to the ones that like comparing apples to oranges anyway.

Immigrants coming into the uk get full benefits from day one and they know this/play the system. There was some statistic the other week saying that a quarter of new births in the uk are from 'immigrant' mothers.

Hmmm, doesn't take a genius to work out where this is going to lead in coming years does it?

You have to jump through a lot of hoops to become an aussie 'immigrant' (or should that be 'skilled migrant' - yes, i think so).

The aussie government WANTS 'skilled migrants'
Old Dec 9th 2007, 11:41 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sammyg
Yeah, don't you know we're all just 'immigrants'

Sooo ironic to sooo many on this forum...

Well, to the ones that like comparing apples to oranges anyway.

Immigrants coming into the uk get full benefits from day one and they know this/play the system. There was some statistic the other week saying that a quarter of new births in the uk are from 'immigrant' mothers.

Hmmm, doesn't take a genius to work out where this is going to lead in coming years does it?

You have to jump through a lot of hoops to become an aussie 'immigrant' (or should that be 'skilled migrant' - yes, i think so).

The aussie government WANTS 'skilled migrants'
I was born to an immigrant mother in the UK. And an immigrant father for that matter... Does that make me a problem?
Old Dec 9th 2007, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Only you know the answer to that

I'm not talking about individuals here - just shocked by the figures that's all

A generalisation i know, but it is not good for the culture of a country to be invaded by a mass influx of migrants - personally, i find 25% new births rate absolutely shocking.

Just my opinion.

And one shared by many british citizens i would think?

Didn't mean to cause offence, just looking at the wider picture?

Old Dec 9th 2007, 11:58 am
Account Closed

I'm not talking about individuals here - just shocked by the figures that's all

A generalisation i know, but it is not good for the culture of a country to be invaded by a mass influx of migrants - personally, i find 25% new births rate absolutely shocking.

Just my opinion.

And one shared by many british citizens i would think?

Didn't mean to cause offence, just looking at the wider picture?

Fair enough, but please bear in mind that the vast majority of immigrants to the UK just want a better future for themselves and their families and want to contribute not take. Sound familiar?

Please don't judge my family and others on the activities of an irresponsible minority.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 12:37 am
Just Joined

Sh-Ah is an unknown quantity at this point

Too bloody right
Old Dec 10th 2007, 12:42 am
Just Joined

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAmen!
Old Dec 10th 2007, 12:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tonyk38
and want to contribute not take
er, yer, I doubt it.
This world has rapidly evolved to what's innit for me? SBT!!!
Old Dec 10th 2007, 1:55 am
Precociously Stupid

TsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant future

"UK teenager, fresh off the boat; Adidas track pants, football shirt, baseball cap, earrings and bling, pasty skin, acne and a snarl."

Remember most of us got dragged out here because our parents wanted to live in the sun. That might make you a bit pissed off too! So give them a break until you understand their situation - as much as you might want to go 'whinging kid who doesn't know what's good for them', what's 'good for you' and what makes you happy can be two completely different things sometimes, and parents too often understand the first but not the latter.

Where I live (in Brisbane), I don't actually know any other poms but a few 'Aussiefied' ones...... and the problem kids are actually the Aussies!

No problems with the ME Immigrants, the Chinese, the Viets etc. until they hit second generation (i.e. born to immigrant parents in Australia, usually they suffer an identity crisis and become right little ****s. These are the ones who get their 'cousins' in on the act). The Aussie kids think they're tough, form gangs, take drugs, and generally cause all the problems around here (though not nearly as many as kids in the UK!).

Aboriginal kids aren't worth mentioning here because while quite a few cause trouble, mostly they're victims of their circumstances rather than coddled middle-class whities.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.