Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Britons leaving the country in record numbers

Britons leaving the country in record numbers

Old Dec 4th 2007, 2:20 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Britons leaving the country in record numbers

http://money.uk.msn.com/investing/ar...mentid=6865583

comments please ??
why did you leave ???
Old Dec 4th 2007, 2:32 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Britons leaving the country in record numbers

Originally Posted by steve`o

comments please ??
why did you leave ???
Is this why Australia's population has apparently topped the 21 000 000 mark?
Old Dec 4th 2007, 2:41 am
Precociously Stupid

TsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant future

comments please ??
why did you leave ???

I'll be leaving in search of Intelligent Beings. Maybe it's my area, but they are definitely lacking.

Though I'll be coming back since I have to finish Uni
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Angela Marie - Cairns will become famous soon enoughAngela Marie - Cairns will become famous soon enough

comments please ??
why did you leave ???
Even though we were earning top dollar each our standards of living had erroded back 8/10 years through cost of living - with no return as in quality of life.

My family could no longer stand "existing" for want of a better word.

We both have really good jobs now and work some hours, however the returns, standard of living, feeling of wellbeing make it worth while.

Call me a hipocrite but I hated the immigrant situation.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:29 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

similar thing with us as well.

among the shed loads of other reasons is the fact that we are on the same wage as we were 3 years ago but we are only just making ends meet. OH weekly wage only just covers part of the mortgage payment each week and 70 quid left to pay bills for the week.

3 years ago we were able to go out or have a takeaway and rent a film. and have petrol in the tank and money (at least 30 quid each)in our pockets AND pay debts.

we are on the same wage, no debts but we cant enjoy ourselves. none of seems to make any sense. OH is working on private jobs as well as his full time job just so we can give the kids a christmas.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Angela Marie - Cairns will become famous soon enoughAngela Marie - Cairns will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
similar thing with us as well.

among the shed loads of other reasons is the fact that we are on the same wage as we were 3 years ago but we are only just making ends meet. OH weekly wage only just covers part of the mortgage payment each week and 70 quid left to pay bills for the week.

3 years ago we were able to go out or have a takeaway and rent a film. and have petrol in the tank and money (at least 30 quid each)in our pockets AND pay debts.

we are on the same wage, no debts but we cant enjoy ourselves. none of seems to make any sense. OH is working on private jobs as well as his full time job just so we can give the kids a christmas.
Yep your right, I am sure others have lots of other reasons, but its a bloody good feeling not to take your credit card out of your pocket for necessities every month. We can pay all the bills and live again.

Weather, Ozzy attitude to life, pool in garden, aaaah I can go on and on.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Angela Marie - Cairns
Yep your right, I am sure others have lots of other reasons, but its a bloody good feeling not to take your credit card out of your pocket for necessities every month. We can pay all the bills and live again.

Weather, Ozzy attitude to life, pool in garden, aaaah I can go on and on.
something we hope to be looking forward to. especially not worrying about how to pay for our next meal.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:47 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

comments please ??
why did you leave ???
Because we could, nothing more or less than that.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by annqldau
Because we could, nothing more or less than that.
fair enough
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:55 am

fair enough
and never regretted it so far, finding we can do a lot more here on similar wage to UK so far although the Mortgage is 3 times what we had.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by annqldau
and never regretted it so far, finding we can do a lot more here on similar wage to UK so far although the Mortgage is 3 times what we had.
in total or payment per month?
Old Dec 4th 2007, 12:05 pm

in total or payment per month?
It's all sort of relative really except for the interest fluctuations.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 12:14 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We've been pretty fortunate, I guess in our lives - we're both reasonably well qualified & have worked all our lives, earning a reasonable wage.

Like others here, we feel the actual value of that in Britain has gone down & down - we seem to have more deductions before we get our wages, interest rates on mortgages just keep going up, the prices of food in the supermarkets rose by almost 20% last year.... from doing okay, we're like others, scrimping just to give the kids Christmas & the thought of buying a house in this country is just impossible, unless we want to hand over virtually all our income in mortgage payments, that is.

We don't expect much out of life, just a fair crack of the whip for a good day's work & we feel that Australia still offers this at the moment.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by JenniGee
Hi

We've been pretty fortunate, I guess in our lives - we're both reasonably well qualified & have worked all our lives, earning a reasonable wage.

Like others here, we feel the actual value of that in Britain has gone down & down - we seem to have more deductions before we get our wages, interest rates on mortgages just keep going up, the prices of food in the supermarkets rose by almost 20% last year.... from doing okay, we're like others, scrimping just to give the kids Christmas & the thought of buying a house in this country is just impossible, unless we want to hand over virtually all our income in mortgage payments, that is.

We don't expect much out of life, just a fair crack of the whip for a good day's work & we feel that Australia still offers this at the moment.
exactly
Old Dec 4th 2007, 12:37 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

comments please ??
why did you leave ???
Because I could.

So I did.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.