Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

BritishExpats.com - a healthy or unhealthy obsession!? lol

BritishExpats.com - a healthy or unhealthy obsession!? lol

Old Apr 26th 2009, 11:25 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BritishExpats.com - a healthy or unhealthy obsession!? lol

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
hahaha - never have thought you were a teacher Jen!

Though saying that, my mum works in a school and goes on all the party doo's with the teachers and they are all mad! Says they drink everyone under the table
Teachers aren't like they used to be. My son's both think theirs are amazing... Bar a few exceptions.

In my day nearly all the teachers were pure evil.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 11:29 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Teachers aren't like they used to be. My son's both think theirs are amazing... Bar a few exceptions.

In my day nearly all the teachers were pure evil.
Agreed paulry, i was always terrified of my teachers, now they are a piece of cake, so much more down to earth, modern and fun.

I could never be a high school teacher though - the kids are far too bold, sleekit and gobby.

I'd be done for murder
Old Apr 26th 2009, 11:45 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed paulry, i was always terrified of my teachers, now they are a piece of cake, so much more down to earth, modern and fun.

I could never be a high school teacher though - the kids are far too bold, sleekit and gobby.

I'd be done for murder
Me too. Some of the stories that my eldest tells me about the behaviour of some of the other kids at his school makes my hair stand on end. Is it the same over there?
Old Apr 27th 2009, 12:13 am
ABCDiamond

Me too. Some of the stories that my eldest tells me about the behaviour of some of the other kids at his school makes my hair stand on end. Is it the same over there?
Oh yes....
My daughter was arguing with her friend at school the other day, and they both got hauled into the office to find out what was going on...

Old Apr 27th 2009, 1:05 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think the aussie kids are as wide as the uk kids but they are certainly giving it their best go
Old Apr 30th 2009, 9:15 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Oh yes....
My daughter was arguing with her friend at school the other day, and they both got hauled into the office to find out what was going on...
It's good that the staff at your daughter's school are vigilant and proactive.

A month ago at my son's school, two girls were having a quarrel in the playground and one pulled a knife out on the other. Thankfully one of the quick-thinking year 11 boys jumped the knife wielding girl and disarmed her.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 11:34 pm

Default Re: BritishExpats.com - a hthy or unhealthy obsession!? lol

It's good that the staff at your daughter's school are vigilant and proactive.

A month ago at my son's school, two girls were having a quarrel in the playground and one pulled a knife out on the other. Thankfully one of the quick-thinking year 11 boys jumped the knife wielding girl and disarmed her.
WOW - UK schools are so scary aren't they! Seems to be the knife culture in schools is something of a trend!

School kids here are still stuck in an 80's timewarp - which is good when you are talking about that sort of $hit!
Old May 6th 2009, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

northernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to all

British Expats, Unhealthy Obsession?

No, because the TV is shite (except ABC & SBS) and I'm too tight to pay out for Foxtel.
Old May 6th 2009, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by northernlights
British Expats, Unhealthy Obsession?

No, because the TV is shite (except ABC & SBS) and I'm too tight to pay out for Foxtel.
We have Foxtel and it's still shite!
Old May 6th 2009, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

northernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to all

We have Foxtel and it's still shite!
Just tried this free ITV thread from British Expats. It's the beez neez, throw away your Foxtel subscription (unless u like sport) and spend the extra money on shoes or something...!
Old May 6th 2009, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by northernlights
Just tried this free ITV thread from British Expats. It's the beez neez, throw away your Foxtel subscription (unless u like sport) and spend the extra money on shoes or something...!
Great stuff Gonnae try that tonight (when hubby is around of course haha - far too technical for me!)

New shoes - mm i love that idea, though i have far too many as it is!
Old May 7th 2009, 7:03 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

If you are worried try this...http://www.netaddiction.com/resource...ction_test.htm