Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

British Migrants to Perth - Down 34%

British Migrants to Perth - Down 34%

Old Dec 28th 2007, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Migrants to Perth - Down 34%

Originally Posted by aston man
oh no.....its not going to turn into where i left then...

thats it im moving to the gold coast
Marcus, whos the avatar. She looks familiar and sexy.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 2:49 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac
Marcus, whos the avatar. She looks familiar and sexy.
its me lou lou..
Old Dec 28th 2007, 3:43 am
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

oh no.....its not going to turn into where i left then...

thats it im moving to the gold coast
Without mentioning the beach and my swimming pool, I live within 15 minutes of the following.

Roller Blading centre
Ice rink
Ten Pin Bowling
Sci Tech Centre
Aquarium of Western Australia
Water Park
Cinema
3 shopping centres
Australia's top ranked resort golf course
3 BMX tracks
3 leisure centres with rapids/water slides etc.
2 full size cricket nets
4 public tennis courts
Trampolines & crazy golf
2 Marinas with waterside restaurants/cafes.

.........and national park with lake I walk my dog around.

So to throw in a year round climate that allows me to do most of these things, I'd say that we find Perth far more boring than England.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 3:46 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dom the Pom
Without mentioning the beach and my swimming pool, I live within 15 minutes of the following.

Roller Blading centre
Ice rink
Ten Pin Bowling
Sci Tech Centre
Water Park
Cinema
3 shopping centres
3 BMX tracks
2 full size cricket nets
4 public tennis courts
Trampolines & crazy golf

So to throw in a year round climate that allows me to do most of these things, I'd say that we find Perth far more boring than England.
keep on livin the dream ..good on ya..
Old Dec 28th 2007, 4:17 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Roller Blading centre
Ice rink
Ten Pin Bowling
Sci Tech Centre
Water Park
Cinema
3 shopping centres
3 BMX tracks
2 full size cricket nets
4 public tennis courts
Trampolines & crazy golf

Where the piggin' hell do you live mate to have all of those within 15 minutes? Obviously a different Perth to me I'd say? You in Scotland?
Old Dec 28th 2007, 4:56 am
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Where the piggin' hell do you live mate to have all of those within 15 minutes? Obviously a different Perth to me I'd say? You in Scotland?
Nope, in between Joondalup and Hillarys. And some of the things I've mentioned are within a 15 minute walk.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 9:16 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
More likely :
1) People can't sell their house in the UK or get enough equity to make it worthwhile
2) DIAC have closed down one or two of the migration routes
3) As you say, cost of living here has rocketed so not as attractive financially
4) The secret of Melbourne is out
Old Dec 28th 2007, 9:17 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

its me lou lou..
Bang bang lou lou

Bet you three have a load of fun (me, myself and I)
Old Dec 28th 2007, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Definatley and the high cost of living.
If we were to come again, we would choose East side.
You live and learn.
Us too.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 10:03 am
Account Closed

Nope, in between Joondalup and Hillarys. And some of the things I've mentioned are within a 15 minute walk.
Ahhhh o.k I get it now. So, Scitech and AQWA are something to visit on a regular basis? So are Hillary's waterslides/trampolines, bowling, ice skating etc.crikey mate, with a family of four we certainly can't afford to visit those sort of places often!
You won the lottery or something???????
Old Dec 28th 2007, 10:05 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Ahhhh o.k I get it now. So, Scitech and AQWA are something to visit on a regular basis? So are Hillary's waterslides/trampolines, bowling, ice skating etc.crikey mate, with a family of four we certainly can't afford to visit those sort of places often!
And once you've been to them once, tends to be enough.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 10:06 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
Us too.
Us too, us too! Our first choice was Melbourne. We changed our minds so often about the place mainly because of the weather for God's sake (how pathetic is that!) I could kick myself now for coming here. We only came here because the houses were cheaper and we had friends here

If I had my time again we would absolutely go to Melbourne.
Banned

eh,your always welcome to a free night out at ours...
and you shooze
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
And once you've been to them once, tends to be enough.
Bit like a bloke really eh? Once is enough...gets dull after that!!!!!
Old Dec 28th 2007, 10:07 am
Account Closed

eh,your always welcome to a free night out at ours...
Weyhay...down boy!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.