Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Britain's drivers: banned and uninsured, but still on the road

Britain's drivers: banned and uninsured, but still on the road

Old Mar 14th 2008, 10:47 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Britain's drivers: banned and uninsured, but still on the road

Sky News.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 11:07 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Britain's drivers: banned and uninsured, but still on the road

That kills so many rosy myths peddled by the Aus-knockers.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

The fat **** couldn't cope with walking more than 10 yards without being out of breath. Stick the bastard in jail, and all the others who flout the law. In fact jailing the magistrates who fail to jail them should also be an option as they are flouting the law too by allowing these people to reoffend.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 11:17 pm

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

happens here too there is a guy i know ( not a friend)that is banned but still driving about perth with no license!!
Old Mar 15th 2008, 1:55 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kez81
happens here too there is a guy i know ( not a friend)that is banned but still driving about perth with no license!!
At one workplace down here losing ones license almost seemed a badge of honour. They had no hesitation driving whilst banned. One of said to me "I am alright driving pissed". After a weekend of double demerits we always wondered which nobhead would be next.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 2:06 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

We used to have a bloke living across the road from us that had 17 convictions for DUI. He would get so pissed that his nine year old twins would drive him home from the pub. Last time he was caught one son was kneeling up on the drivers seat to steer the other sitting in front of him to work the pedals. This was in a V8 Commodore Ute
He's moved away from the area now & attends a program for alcoholics.
The papers here are filled with people caught driving while disqualified, its as the other poster said almost like a badge of honour
Old Mar 15th 2008, 2:11 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
That makes my blood boil as it does here too. OH and I know of 2 men who are still driving while banned. One was on an E licence and even went to prison when caught again, but he still drives. Some people you just can't stop, so what is the answer?

A good friend of ours here in WA drinks and drives regularly. I was always having a go at him about it, but one night his wife got really upset so I have backed off now, although it has turned me off inviting them round for dinner as I know what will happen. It's just so selfish and I hate it.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 2:23 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
That makes my blood boil as it does here too. OH and I know of 2 men who are still driving while banned. One was on an E licence and even went to prison when caught again, but he still drives. Some people you just can't stop, so what is the answer?

A good friend of ours here in WA drinks and drives regularly. I was always having a go at him about it, but one night his wife got really upset so I have backed off now, although it has turned me off inviting them round for dinner as I know what will happen. It's just so selfish and I hate it.
Firstly impound their car and not give it back even if the car belongs to someone else. Repeat as often as necessary.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 2:36 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Firstly impound their car and not give it back even if the car belongs to someone else. Repeat as often as necessary.
Easier said than done. I've taken the keys away, that's what caused all the upset the last time. I have told them that they won't be invited unless they promise to get a cab.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 5:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57

The papers here are filled with people caught driving while disqualified, its as the other poster said almost like a badge of honour:thumbdown

:

Dead teen heros are quite the thing round here

I have honestly lost track of how many carloads have gone up in flames or out round a power pole/tree. After that the shrine is set up roadside, recent one was metres from what is now our kids school.

Then they get their names and birth and death dates are put in wings in mass produced window stickers. Usually the stickers contain the words hero or legend

Quite chilling but a few weeks later another car load, if not here somewhere else in OZ.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 5:59 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jad n rich

I have honestly lost track of how many carloads have gone up in flames or out round a power pole/tree. After that the shrine is set up roadside, recent one was metres from what is now our kids school.

Then they get their names and birth and death dates are put in wings in mass produced window stickers. Usually the stickers contain the words hero or legend

Quite chilling but a few weeks later another car load, if not here somewhere else in OZ.
I blame Peter Brock, he was the one that started driving into inanimate objects while in no fit state to drive.

And he's meant to be role model ... shocking.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 6:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich

There's been some here occasionally but not in almost 3 years. We know cos we're there picking up the pieces.

Look on the bright side, don't know about heros, seems that every teen that dies young was the most popular in the school, always had a smile for everyone yadda yadda.

Reminds me of when A level exam results come out in Middle England. The quality newspapers always run pictures of 18 year old girls dancing rings around each other before going up to Cambridge as the best year ever. They never show the blokes. (Probably still festering under their duvets having passed or failed).
Old Mar 15th 2008, 12:54 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Britain's drivers: banned and uninsured, but still on the road

What astonishes me is the incredibly light sentences they receive over here, and the fact that so many of them just get right back on the road again. The guy who paralysed that kid didn't even receive a jail sentence, and had his fine overturned!

Old Mar 15th 2008, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
What astonishes me is the incredibly light sentences they receive over here, and the fact that so many of them just get right back on the road again. The guy who paralysed that kid didn't even receive a jail sentence, and had his fine overturned!

Not half as light as the sentences here in WA, At least the minium ban in the Uk is 1 year, here is 3 months depending on wether you need your licence for work.
Name and shame every one you know who are driving whilst are banned. It might just be your child that gets killed by these selfish bastards:curse:

Last edited by nickyjohnt; Mar 15th 2008 at 5:04 pm.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice

All the time the judicial system gives out light sentences for driving offences, there will always be the idiots who drink drive/drive whilst banned ect ect.

Get tough on it. Dob in a person who you know to be banned or a drink driver who gets behind the wheel. Sooner or later, the courts will have to do something.

:curse:

Last edited by POW148; Mar 15th 2008 at 9:16 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.