Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Brit is being Hanged ?

Brit is being Hanged ?

Old Dec 29th 2009, 12:43 am
Banned

begmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nice
Default Brit is being Hanged ?

Bipolar, some guy from North London is gonna be shot by the chinese. IN fairness if the guy is a drug dealer, then he deserves what he gets.

BUT

Who goes to China to become a popstar in a country which you dont speak the language of ?

Who walks straight to customs with 4KG cocaine or Heroin and in there suitcase, and says "here I am ".

Its sad but an mentally ill person might get the execution

Do you agree ? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8432948.stm
Old Dec 29th 2009, 2:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Sherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Brit is being Hanged ?

yeah I remember when this happened here with Van Ngyuen who was an Australian of Vietnamese decent trafficking Heroin in Singpore.

The British Govt and people are crying foul and making a huge deal of this (as I would if one of my family members did). I recall John Howard having a crack when Singapore hanged Van Ngyuen 3 years ago and was told to butt out and not get involved in Country laws that dont apply to Australia. The Australians did the same about Singapore but it was yesterdays news within 48 hours.

The fact is, rightly or wrongly before you set foot on many Asian countires they are very upfront with the 'death penalty for smugging drugs' and 4kg is not exactly a small amount.

The argument is obviously based on this chaps mental state, however I expect the attempt for clemancy is futile.

The chinese government bows to no one, they showed that in Copenhagen and i'd be really surprised if they did.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 3:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I am not sure the British government and people are making a huge deal of this as you say. I had never even heard the story until about two days ago. Also as the British government opposes the death penalty it is bound to speak out against it being used on British citizen, whether guilty or innocent. I am not sure they are claiming the conviction is unsound are they?

When I first read the story, my reaction was to feel sorry for him. But yesterday I read a bit more about his background, he has run businesses before so I don't know that he could be quite as gullible as to think he was going toi be a chinese pop star..

I disagree with death penalty in any circumstances, but I also believe in a countries right to have their own justice systen and if someone choses to take risks with drugs in Asia then they have to take the consequences.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 3:45 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

British man said to be mentally ill executed in China

A British man convicted of drug smuggling in China has been executed, the Foreign Office has confirmed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8433285.stm
Old Dec 29th 2009, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts

When I first read the story, my reaction was to feel sorry for him. But yesterday I read a bit more about his background, he has run businesses before so I don't know that he could be quite as gullible as to think he was going toi be a chinese pop star..
Have a little read up on bipolar disorder, it should explain him being gullible for you.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 4:22 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

The man had 4kg of heroin. 50g gets you a bullet in China. It looks as if his mental condition was ignored, as even in China you are not allowed to execute someone mentally ill and possibly not sure of their actions.

Somewhere between 1000 and 5000 people are executed in China every year. No one knows how many due to the secrecy surrounding the process.
It's appalling, inhumane, backward and disgusting, and the Chinese don't care who thinks that.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 4:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Pommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud of

horrible story. poor bloke certainly seems to (have been) mentally ill and the Chinese refused to get him checked out.

http://www.reprieve.org.uk/2009_12_2...haikh_executed

he also seems to have been duped by any number of nasty characters along the way...
Old Dec 29th 2009, 4:59 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

OK, don't know much about this story but if he was the father of five, with a loving family and suffering Bipolar disorder quite severely from what I've read so far, what was his family doing letting him travel to China in the first place. Does anyone have a link to the whole story from 2007? Couldn't find one.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 5:34 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
OK, don't know much about this story but if he was the father of five, with a loving family and suffering Bipolar disorder quite severely from what I've read so far, what was his family doing letting him travel to China in the first place. Does anyone have a link to the whole story from 2007? Couldn't find one.
How do you suggest they stop a fully grown man from leaving his house? I can buy a ticket and be on a plane in a couple of hours without my husband knowing.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Good riddance to the scumbag. They should have shot Corby as well.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 6:05 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly
Good riddance to the scumbag. They should have shot Corby as well.
Tell it like it is NedKelly. Aparently the family usually gets and invoice shortly after the execution - for the bullet used.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 6:09 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

He has already been executed (shot in back of neck). Can only feel for his family, friends, loved ones.

http://msn.nzherald.co.nz/world/news...ectid=10617738
Old Dec 29th 2009, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Tell it like it is NedKelly. Aparently the family usually gets and invoice shortly after the execution - for the bullet used.
What about the cost of the trial and his board and lodging before he was executed?
Old Dec 29th 2009, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

twhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud of

They should start executing people in UK. Start with muggers and louts
Old Dec 29th 2009, 6:15 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly
What about the cost of the trial and his board and lodging before he was executed?
That's just SICK. You ever heard of the word 'compassion' or 'justice' or are such concepts seen as weaknesses and therefore foreign to you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.