Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Are Brisbane Taxi's Reliable - too and from Airport

Wikiposts

Are Brisbane Taxi's Reliable - too and from Airport

Old Sep 7th 2009, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

showdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really nice
Default Re: Are Brisbane Taxi's Reliable - too and from Airport

Originally Posted by bcworld
I don't know what the route is to Forest Lake from the airport but bear in mind if there are any tolls to pay these will not be indicated on the meter so the final fare may be different from what the meter says.

There are some lousy cab drivers out there - not in terms of trying to rip you off but just not having a clue where they are going and/or English skills for you to help them out a bit!

I used to live in Balmoral, which is very easy to get to from the airport. Across the Gateway Bridge, first exit then one road all the way there. My cabbie at midnight one night hadn't a clue! I said, OK just head for the Gateway Bridge....blank look! Eventually he handed me the TomTom and I typed in my address and off we went!

THEN, when we crossed the Gateway Bridge, well, clearly it was his first time! He STOPPED in the eToll gates looking for the person to give the money to - then he got out and started looking as trucks were bearing down on us!

Anyway, we finally made it and he forgot to charge me for the bridge tolls (and airport exit fee which I also think is not shown in the meter total) anyway!

Moral of the story is don't neccesarily expect the cabbie to know where your destination is - be prepared to do some navigating yourself!

The price you pay should be meter + tolls + airport fee + extra if paid by EFTPOS.
Thanks for the info, I would have expected the tolls but didn't know about the airport exit fee.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 9:25 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by showdan
No I live here, going back to the UK for a holiday, I'm happy with getting to and from the airport and giving directions, just not sure communication is one of my strong points
Ah, I'm with you now! Most of the drivers I've had can find the airport, its finding anywhere else which seems to be a challenge!
Old Sep 7th 2009, 9:25 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
I do not respond to 'idle' threats,not even from Eric

At least its the only kind of stalking that I do