British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Brand New Ipod what one song would you put on it? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/brand-new-ipod-what-one-song-would-you-put-526028/)

Sham Williams Apr 1st 2008 1:07 pm

Brand New Ipod what one song would you put on it?

Ok so i bought the OH a Ipod I have spent most of the day working out how to use it, ITunes and all that jazz, I have even managed to download some of his favourite Albums onto it, but NOW I need help putting some of those "special" songs onto it!! SOOooo I have a few, but wanted more inspiration if you could chose ONE song for me to download from ITuneswhat would it be and WHY!!! :thumbsup:

knockoff nige Apr 1st 2008 1:25 pm

Re: Brand New Ipod what one song would you put on it?

Originally Posted by Sham Williams (Post 6142360)
Ok so i bought the OH a Ipod I have spent most of the day working out how to use it, ITunes and all that jazz, I have even managed to download some of his favourite Albums onto it, but NOW I need help putting some of those "special" songs onto it!! SOOooo I have a few, but wanted more inspiration if you could chose ONE song for me to download from ITuneswhat would it be and WHY!!! :thumbsup:

U2- ONE, greatest song ever written

lisaroo Apr 1st 2008 1:31 pm

anything from the john butler trio, grand national album,,, such a good aussie band and one of those albums you listen to and like every track!!!!! very rare!, for us every song reminds us of a particular memory in oz, and i even get quite choked here in the uk if i put it on, never mind only another 1000 days till i come back!!! hope their aussies gonna sound pretty stupid if their not????

camacazi Apr 1st 2008 1:47 pm

my ipod broke the other day, just froze and won't do anything:ohmy:

so i've just been listening to my daughter bratz mp3:o
got oh to put mika on it, also been shakin my booty to david jordan- when the sun goes down, sweet caroline cause thats me:lol: and neil diamond america because i havent heard it in years and my mum used to play it to us when we were wee and had discos in the living room:rofl:

OzJo Apr 1st 2008 1:48 pm

Anything Sinatra or Dean Martin

Kooky. Apr 1st 2008 2:19 pm

Reward by Teardrop Explodes - because it's the first one of my all-time favourites that came into my head, it never fails to make me smile and I'd like to share that with you. :)

JPSUPERHOOPER Apr 1st 2008 2:32 pm

smells like teen spirit - nirvana nuff said:thumbup:

Sheff_Sparky Apr 1st 2008 2:34 pm

cant make up my mind on that one, but i am lovin' your sig!:thumbsup:

Amazulu Apr 1st 2008 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Seasider (Post 6142670)
Reward by Teardrop Explodes - because it's the first one of my all-time favourites that came into my head, it never fails to make me smile and I'd like to share that with you. :)

I've just got the Ashes to Ashes soundtrack and it's on there.

Great song.

Loch Lomond Apr 1st 2008 4:10 pm

After the recent weather here in Perth:

The Hothouse Flowers - I can see clearly now.

(The Jimmy Cliff version is top notch too)

To download from Youtube:

One Perfect Day - Little Heroes

the derbys Apr 1st 2008 4:17 pm

It has to be "the night" by Frankie Valley a brillant nothern soul record

Loch Lomond Apr 1st 2008 4:24 pm

I'm a big fan of Northern Soul...I'll get that one..:thumbup:

Racht70 Apr 1st 2008 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by Seasider (Post 6142670)

Whenever i format my pc teardrop explodes and stranglers - no more heroes are the first to be put back on :thumbsup:

grahampaula Apr 1st 2008 5:16 pm

Now your gone by Bass Hunters.
It seems to be the in tune at the moment and I find it really catchy.

Icarus Apr 1st 2008 5:19 pm

The Wurzels - Combine Harvester