Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

boycot "the daily mail"

boycot "the daily mail"

Old Feb 9th 2009, 7:37 am
Account Closed

pingpong is an unknown quantity at this point
Default boycot "the daily mail"

Apparently the headline on The Mail on Sunday was 'Err, Bruce...the fire's the other way'
I cant believe some tosser Mail journo thought this was an amusing headline to print while people are being made homeless and dying.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: boycot "the daily mail"

Originally Posted by pingpong
Apparently the headline on The Mail on Sunday was 'Err, Bruce...the fire's the other way'
I cant believe some tosser Mail journo thought this was an amusing headline to print while people are being made homeless and dying.
I've been boycotting it for years, bunch of bigots - just one more reason to do so now
Old Feb 9th 2009, 7:54 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

I'm too embarrassed to be seen buying it anyway.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 8:13 am
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but did the subeditor manage to illustrate how Australian bushfires will lead to more swan-eating gypsy lesbian EU immigrants and the decline of house prices??? That's what's usually important to the Daily Mail...

It's a horrid rag read by two categories of people: Mrs Bouquet types, and people on holiday who can't find anything else in English to read.

Last edited by lapin_windstar; Feb 9th 2009 at 8:16 am.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

Disgusting. Think they should print a full apology. The situation is so so sad.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

As a matter of principle I boycott the Daily Mail because of their objectionable right-wing reactionist editorial policy.

Yes, but did the subeditor manage to illustrate how Australian bushfires will lead to more swan-eating gypsy lesbian EU immigrants and the decline of house prices??? That's what's usually important to the Daily Mail...
This would be very funny if it wasn't so close to the truth
Old Feb 9th 2009, 10:31 am
Just Joined

Campergirl has a brilliant futureCampergirl has a brilliant futureCampergirl has a brilliant futureCampergirl has a brilliant futureCampergirl has a brilliant futureCampergirl has a brilliant future

I have said paper in front of me (being a Daily Mail reader and all)

It's true. Half page picture with a tiny quote box (so I can quote the whole story):

"Er, Bruce ... the fire's the other way!

A fire engine races along a dirt track in southern Australia yesterday - desperately fleeitng a vast advancing wall of smoke and flames.

This is just one of the bush fires raging across 50 miles of Victoria and New South Wales, sparked by record temperatures of 117F (47C). So far at least 25 people have died in the fires, all in rural towns north of Melbourne."

The media over here have only just this morning started reporting about how desperately tragic the events are.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Campergirl
The media over here have only just this morning started reporting about how desperately tragic the events are.
It's been fairly widely reported on in the Scottish written press over Saturday and Sunday too.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Campergirl has a brilliant futureCampergirl has a brilliant futureCampergirl has a brilliant futureCampergirl has a brilliant futureCampergirl has a brilliant futureCampergirl has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by cookiestar
It's been fairly widely reported on in the Scottish written press over Saturday and Sunday too.
Sorry, I was referring to the TV news.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 10:53 am
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

I have said paper in front of me (being a Daily Mail reader and all)
The stocks! The stocks!
Old Feb 9th 2009, 10:55 am
SNH
BE Enthusiast

SNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud of

Unfortunately I am not at all surprised.

Imagine how angry they would be if something like that happened in Britain and the Australian press turned it into a joke.

The media is one thing I do not miss about Britain.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SNH
Unfortunately I am not at all surprised.

Imagine how angry they would be if something like that happened in Britain and the Australian press turned it into a joke.

Ditto. How bloody stupid can they be!!!
Old Feb 9th 2009, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SNH
I don't think it's a problem limited to the UK media. Ok, so the UK media is strongly politically aligned and puts across a particular political agenda (which is all right and well if you're aware of this when reading it and take what you're reading with a pinch of salt), but I think this is the case in most media. A truly independent newspaper is rare. I'm not up on the Oz media, but I'm sure it's the case there too.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 11:17 am
Just Joined

I have been onto the Daily Mail website this morning and there are a large number of readers registering their disgust at the report from the Mail on Sunday. With a bit of luck (which I very much doubt we'll have) they will apologise for the flippant report.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 11:18 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I have been onto the Daily Mail website this morning and there are a large number of readers registering their disgust at the report from the Mail on Sunday. With a bit of luck (which I very much doubt we'll have) they will apologise for the flippant report.
A one inch by half inch 'apology' at the bottom of page 25 no doubt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.