Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Borrowing in Australia to buy in UK

Wikiposts

Borrowing in Australia to buy in UK

Old May 2nd 2009, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Borrowing in Australia to buy in UK

Would a bank entertain the thought of lending me money to purchase a buy to let property in the UK?

Jazzys
Old May 2nd 2009, 10:19 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Borrowing in Australia to buy in UK

only if you can guarantee it against a property in OZ....
Old May 2nd 2009, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkMC
only if you can guarantee it against a property in OZ....
I only rent here in oz,
Old May 2nd 2009, 10:55 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jazzys
I only rent here in oz,
The problem is that a mortgage is a secured loan (secured on the property and the bank holds the deeds) An aussie bank will not be willing to have the hassle of re-possessing a UK based property.
Old May 2nd 2009, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not sure if it makes a difference but the mortgage is currently a joint one with myself and my ex partner, she currently lives in the house and i was looking at the possibility of buying her out alltogether.

Jazzys
Old May 2nd 2009, 11:46 pm
mmmmmm duff

ok, can't you change the original mortgage to your name only?
Old May 2nd 2009, 11:47 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if it makes a difference but the mortgage is currently a joint one with myself and my ex partner, she currently lives in the house and i was looking at the possibility of buying her out alltogether.

Jazzys

Probably it won't!
Why not try a UK bank?
Old May 2nd 2009, 11:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

I don't know. How will that give the ex half the profit on the house?

Jazzys
Old May 2nd 2009, 11:49 pm

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Imagine the legal hassle that would cause.
Old May 2nd 2009, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Imagine the legal hassle that would cause.
I can't.

Jazzys
Old May 2nd 2009, 11:51 pm
mmmmmm duff

I don't know. How will that give the ex half the profit on the house?

Jazzys
What I meant - was re-mortgage with the current UK bank?
Old May 2nd 2009, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

What I meant - was re-mortgage with the current UK bank?
i don't have any funds in the uk anymore, would the uk building society entertain such an idea?

Jazzys
Old May 3rd 2009, 12:06 am
mmmmmm duff

i don't have any funds in the uk anymore, would the uk building society entertain such an idea?

Jazzys
Don't see why not, you are paying it ok now I guess? Only problem I had was they wanted to turn it in to a buy to let mortgage (higher interest) I told them it was my main home and that I would only be in Oz for 2 years, they agreed to leave it as a normal mortgage for now.
Old May 3rd 2009, 12:12 am

I can't.

Jazzys
What I mean is would she make waves if you tried to change the loan documentation?
Old May 3rd 2009, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Bloke
What I mean is would she make waves if you tried to change the loan documentation?
No mate, she's desperate to get rid of the house.

Jazzys

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.