Boody ants!!

Old May 8th 2008, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Malcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to all
Default Boody ants!!

Any idea on how to get rid off ants,? Not so much in the house but under my driveway. The other day it collapsed by about a foot when i drove onto it. All you see is flaming small piles of sand from between the block paving. I have tried several powders but they just move to another part. I have also repaired the patches with dry cement mix between the blocks.
Thanks in advance
Old May 8th 2008, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boody ants!!

Originally Posted by Malcs66
Any idea on how to get rid off ants,? Not so much in the house but under my driveway. The other day it collapsed by about a foot when i drove onto it. All you see is flaming small piles of sand from between the block paving. I have tried several powders but they just move to another part. I have also repaired the patches with dry cement mix between the blocks.
Thanks in advance
Have you tried talcum powder thats what I use and it has always worked.

Mags
Old May 8th 2008, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Malcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to all

I'll give it a go. Wife has plenty M&S talc i could use
Old May 8th 2008, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute

Im sure will be very popular if you do that
Old May 8th 2008, 9:55 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Talc works well as a barrier as they don't like walking on it.
Good if you find a run to the house. They'll turn tail and go back the way they came.

Sounds like you need something to kill the buggers though.
I've had most success with liquid Ant Rid. It's like a small bottle of tipex.
Says it's for indoor use but I've only used it outdoors.

Put a few drops across the run and with luck in a few minutes they'll be gobbling it up and taking it back to the nest to feed the queens. It'll soak into the ground / concrete so put it on a non absorbent surface like a bit of tile or flat stone.

We had a permanent column of black ants going up an outdoor pillar into the roof and over several days tried all sorts of sprays but after a few days they would always be back again.

Used Ant Rid and the buggers soon came pouring out the roof to get it. Haven't had an ant there since.
Old May 8th 2008, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

i bought a six pack of Ant Rid and they drink it like booze! They die, then another million set up camp a couple of foot further up the drive. There's more sand on top of the drive than whats under it at the moment!
Old May 8th 2008, 10:31 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

What are Boody ants...
Old May 8th 2008, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

We had the bug-spray man here yesterday and I asked him about ants (outside). This is the only really effective stuff http://www.rudduck.com.au/product.php?id=100

but it's an agricultural chemical and not readily available. It is also VERY nasty to use.

Just how bad are the ants................
Old May 8th 2008, 12:33 pm
Account Closed

graz79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lesleys
We had the bug-spray man here yesterday and I asked him about ants (outside). This is the only really effective stuff http://www.rudduck.com.au/product.php?id=100

but it's an agricultural chemical and not readily available. It is also VERY nasty to use.

Just how bad are the ants................

As long as they are not in the house or biting you (say when you are trying to put the washing out) then leave them...

They find and kill the termites.
Old May 8th 2008, 1:04 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by maggy
Have you tried talcum powder thats what I use and it has always worked.

Mags
they r too busy sneezin to do owt else lol