Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Bogans and bare feet!!

Wikiposts

Bogans and bare feet!!

Old Feb 7th 2011, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

Condor of Bermuda has a brilliant futureCondor of Bermuda has a brilliant futureCondor of Bermuda has a brilliant futureCondor of Bermuda has a brilliant futureCondor of Bermuda has a brilliant futureCondor of Bermuda has a brilliant future
Default Re: Bogans and bare feet!!

Times have changed from when I was a kid (Safety Bay in the 50's) and everyone should have access to shoes these days, and wear them.

But, as a kid, I didn't get a pair of shoes til High School. Soles of my feet were like leather.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 6:06 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bogans and no panties!

Fat crackie!

Fanny like the nose of a dolphin!
Old Feb 8th 2011, 12:33 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

She normally uses the internet for shopping but the computer broke down.

OMG, what a sight. Now I know what the straps on the back of Doc Martens are for!
Old Feb 11th 2011, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

Jackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really nice

I used to walk 2 miles back from the beach barefoot back in the old country & everyone thought I was mad. I've finally found my place here (and yes I am a Bogan at heart). Having said that, I still can't stop laughing when I see people wearing socks with thongs in the winter, or even better just socks when it's hammering down
Old Feb 11th 2011, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
If i cut my feet in yer farkin store , i would sue yer Arse off.......MM
Not if you weren't wearing shoes you wouldn't. You would have 2 hopes, Bob and no.
I don't get the whole barefoot all the time thing purely from the point of view of not injuring yourself. Are thongs really that difficult to wear or expensive?
Old Feb 11th 2011, 7:55 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone got any ideas where I can get Thongs and/or Beach Shoes for size 14 (Eur 49) feet?
Old Feb 11th 2011, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

My 6 year old daughters friend never wears shoes out and I have always told my daughter to wear shoes when she goes out when round there.She came back with a nasty cut foot from the park after deciding to ignore me.

Only yesterday at school some Mum was standing talking to another Mum in some dog mess so I don't understand not wearing shoes.Though each to their own.Sue.
Old Feb 11th 2011, 8:56 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambi
Anyone got any ideas where I can get Thongs and/or Beach Shoes for size 14 (Eur 49) feet?
A couple of surfboards?
Old Feb 11th 2011, 9:21 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
A couple of surfboards?
They'd be easier to find
Old Feb 11th 2011, 9:46 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Yet again someone getting their knickers in a knot about what total strangers are wearing, I just don't get it. Why does someone get stressed about someone else's feet being dirty and walking dirty streets and having to look at strangers dirty feet. First if you don't have these people around your house, what does it have to do with you? Second why is it ok for shoes to walk dirty streets but not bare feet and thirdly why are you looking at dirty feet and why does it not worry you that someone's shoes will without doubt be dirty also?

If these people are never going to come to you house, or even that you will never see them again then I think it's you that has the problem, not the person who is happy to walk around without shoes.

If someone with bare feet, hurts them on glass, or treads in dog shite and you don't know these people, why is it anything to do with you?

Someone wearing shoes comes to your house to visit, how many people get their visitors to remove their shoes? some do, many don't but if those people arrive with bare feet, do you provide thongs or slippers for them to wear?

Seriously get a fricking life and mind your own damn business about what other people are doing with their lives. You don't like it fine, they do, so bloody what.

God give me strength. Not much really winds me up but someone thinking they have the right to tell others how to dress really really does.

I'm going off for a lie down now.
Old Feb 11th 2011, 10:07 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Yet again someone getting their knickers in a knot about what total strangers are wearing, I just don't get it. Why does someone get stressed about someone else's feet being dirty and walking dirty streets and having to look at strangers dirty feet. First if you don't have these people around your house, what does it have to do with you? Second why is it ok for shoes to walk dirty streets but not bare feet and thirdly why are you looking at dirty feet and why does it not worry you that someone's shoes will without doubt be dirty also?

If these people are never going to come to you house, or even that you will never see them again then I think it's you that has the problem, not the person who is happy to walk around without shoes.

If someone with bare feet, hurts them on glass, or treads in dog shite and you don't know these people, why is it anything to do with you?

Someone wearing shoes comes to your house to visit, how many people get their visitors to remove their shoes? some do, many don't but if those people arrive with bare feet, do you provide thongs or slippers for them to wear?

Seriously get a fricking life and mind your own damn business about what other people are doing with their lives. You don't like it fine, they do, so bloody what.

God give me strength. Not much really winds me up but someone thinking they have the right to tell others how to dress really really does.

I'm going off for a lie down now.

its one of those things I don't get either mate. I don't care if people wear shoes or go bare feet, it doesn't make them bogans as Aus is a hot country and more laid back and people do things differently here

its always a hot topic and sure to raise the temperature of some expats but I reckon if that's all folks have got to worry about lifes pretty darn good
Old Feb 11th 2011, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold

I deplore people who dont wear shoes because they remind me of me! I was oh so very well dressed in the uk but have started to garden sans shoes, walk around work without them (something I used to hate) and i have to say when I come from the beach I often just run in a shop without putting shoes on because the sand rubs my toes.

my feet are like african witchdoctors. I am so glad I live in QLD.