Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Bogans and bare feet!!

Wikiposts

Bogans and bare feet!!

Old Feb 7th 2011, 1:50 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bogans and bare feet!!

Originally Posted by Dreamy
So far, I've lived in me crocs (these ones)
or barefoot (except when I was at work) - I'd walk around barefoot at home in the UK too, so it was perfect for me

Now I have diabetes, so according to the diabetes clinic, I'm NOT to walk barefoot ever (not even inside) should always wear closed in shoes and never ever ever wear shoes without socks/tights.

(There were a whole load of other 'ignore these and risk having your feet cut off' dire warnings, but the above are the highlights)

I'm in purgatory (well, trainers, but same difference)

NOW THATS RIDICULOUS!! (sorry, cross threading)
yep diabetics are prone to foot infections I believe so shoes / covering up is vital. you don't have to wear them in bed though mate

crocs are comfy
Old Feb 7th 2011, 2:13 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
yep diabetics are prone to foot infections I believe so shoes / covering up is vital. you don't have to wear them in bed though

crocs are comfy
yep diabetics are prone to foot infections I believe so shoes / covering up is vital. you don't have to wear them in bed though mate

crocs are comfy
A nice double poster there sonly. Sorry, but someone took the piss last time I did it (not you admitedly ) but I couldn't resist.

Why can't people go barefoot without comment if they want?

Why can't people wear shoes and socks without comment if they want?

This is the land of nobody giving a shit what you look like - I find that so very relaxing.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 2:18 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alistairboyle

This is the land of nobody giving a shit what you look like - I find that so very relaxing.
That depends on the circles you mix in.

Why do so many places have dress codes if no body cares?
Old Feb 7th 2011, 2:32 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling

I think I'm too old to go to those places now.

I'm quite happy to dress appropriately if asked to do so and I don't go bearfoot - but that's cos I'm a sook.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 2:33 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'm too old to go to those places now.
Too old for bowls and RSL cubs?
Old Feb 7th 2011, 2:37 pm

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Why can't people go barefoot without comment if they want?

Why can't people wear shoes and socks without comment if they want?

agreed. I don't care what anyone wears. Its their feet, do what they like

Actually mate I've mixed with people with money and those without and there is no rhyme nor reason as to how they dress in fact the richer the more casual ive found

I just don't get why some people get all worked up cos some people don't want to wear shoes to the supermarket I don't ever go out without shoes as it just doesn't occur to me but I don't give a crap if others do in fact I wish I was more laid back but im not, im anal

I do go barefoot at home though, bloody heathen that I am

One day I might just be a cheeky monkey and try it
Old Feb 7th 2011, 2:43 pm
Bitter and twisted

I was replying to the point that no one cares how you dress.....that is simply untrue.

Look at the dress codes many paces have....look at the ubiquitous corporate clothing many people wear at work.

I even have to wear a tie, for nine months of the year, to get into the member's area at the races....in Queensland!!

In my experience people here care very much what you wear.

It is no different from, and probably worse, than England in that respect.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 2:53 pm

I was replying to the point that no one cares how you dress.....that is simply untrue.

Look at the dress codes many paces have....look at the ubiquitous corporate clothing many people wear at work.

I even have to wear a tie, for nine months of the year, to get into the member's area at the races....in Queensland!!

In my experience people here care very much what you wear.

It is no different from, and probably worse, than England in that respect.
mate the original post was about going barefoot in supermarket or shops - and this is where people don't care. Of course there are some places even most Aussies wouldn't go bare foot. They may be laid back but they're not disrespectful. Who in their right mind would go to work in a suit with no shoes on

Shopping atthe local supermarket or shops barefoot dressed in shorts and t shirt is OK in my book even if I don't do it myself.

it's all about time and place mate as you know
Old Feb 7th 2011, 3:03 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

mate the original post was about going barefoot in supermarket or shops - and this is where people don't care. Of course there are some places even most Aussies wouldn't go bare foot. They may be laid back but they're not disrespectful. Who in their right mind would go to work in a suit with no shoes on

Shopping atthe local supermarket or shops barefoot dressed in shorts and t shirt is OK in my book even if I don't do it myself.

it's all about time and place mate as you know
hmm. I also don't really care when I see someone walking around barefoot. After all, it is up to them.

But when I see the black soles of their feet, I can't help thinking to myself "tsk, tsk". Come on... do you really think that these folks clean their feet when they get home? Or before they hop into bed ? Of course they don't.

A few years ago, a friend of a friend was barefoot and this was all new to me, having only just recently arrived. I said to him "but doesn't everything get dirty? the carpet, the sofa?" His response was "Oh yeah, everything gets dirty!"

Last edited by asprilla; Feb 7th 2011 at 3:07 pm. Reason: changed "my" to "their" !
Old Feb 7th 2011, 3:06 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

For me it's the hygiene aspect.

Why on sweet mother earth won't these mingers buy a pair of cheap 2 bucks flip flops???
Old Feb 7th 2011, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by asprilla
hmm. I also don't really care when I see someone walking around barefoot. After all, it is up to them.

But when I see the black soles of their feet, I can't help thinking to myself "tsk, tsk". Come on... do you really think that these folks clean their feet when they get home? Or before they hop into bed ? Of course they don't.

A few years ago, a friend of a friend was barefoot and this was all new to me, having only just recently arrived. I said to him "but doesn't everything get dirty? the carpet, the sofa?" His response was "Oh yeah, everything gets dirty!"

i walk around the house barefoot but wash my feet before I go to bed [shower]. Why would I get into bed with dirty feet? And what makes you think all Aussies who go around barefooted don't get a wash before bed I've no doubt some don't but who gives a crap when we don't get in their bed
Old Feb 7th 2011, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
For me it's the hygiene aspect.

Why on sweet mother earth won't these mingers buy a pair of cheap 2 bucks flip flops???
what is so unhygienic about going barefoot? They don't touch your food with their feet

its not about buying a $2 pair of flip flops - some people just want to be free a bit like skinny dipping
Old Feb 7th 2011, 3:19 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Aberdeen? Seems pretty standard behaviour for the Scottish, can't tame the savages when it comes down to it ....
nah, its too cold up there
Old Feb 7th 2011, 3:39 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
nah, its too cold up there
Fair point, the midges would be a pain too
Old Feb 7th 2011, 3:44 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

what is so unhygienic about going barefoot? They don't touch your food with their feet

its not about buying a $2 pair of flip flops - some people just want to be free a bit like skinny dipping
Contracting Hepatitis for a start.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.