Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Blowing my own trumpet

Blowing my own trumpet

Old Sep 6th 2007, 9:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Blowing my own trumpet

Originally Posted by walaj
when I use go diving on a RHIB, experience was to look at the horizon & be near the front of the boat (away from the smell from the engines) to avoid those techni-coloured yawns

anyway, congrats captain moneypen
No offence but looking at the horizon is death for me it points out to my brain that I really am going up and down in a fairly terrifying manner I can do anything now - just as long as I have a packet of Kwells and a few Solpadeine close at hand
Old Sep 6th 2007, 10:10 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Today me and hubby went up to Southport to do our boat licences. Not looking forward to it as I only have to look at a boat moored on water to be violently sick. Dosed myself up with Kwells and got there to find the classroom was a floating one I was terrified. To put it in perspective - I have been very very sick on the Grand Union Canal in a barge for an hour Anyway the Kwells worked, I managed nearly six hours in the floating classroom and two hours on a boat in the Broadwater. I did the exercises in the boat without killing anyone else - never having been in a small boat before and we both came away with our boat licences

I am so bloody proud of myself and hubby keeps looking at me as though I am someone else entirely and keeps telling people how brill I was. I just needed to tell you lot

Maybe, just maybe, if I ever go to New York again, I will actually be able to get on the ferry to see Ellis Island without sobbing in total fear and being violently ill just looking at the rest of my family going without me
Nice one Moneypen! Congratulations!
Old Sep 6th 2007, 10:44 am
Account Closed

The OH is an unknown quantity at this point

Skipper Moneypen

well done
Old Sep 6th 2007, 10:45 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. I have mine in two weeks time. Apparently no one fails it; and I have never failed a test in my life. Does that sound like tempting fate
Old Sep 6th 2007, 10:46 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I was once sick on a pedalo
Don't tell me... you looked down at the pedalo and thought "I don't remember eating that, normally it is just diced carrots and pineapple chunks"
Old Sep 6th 2007, 10:46 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Today me and hubby went up to Southport to do our boat licences. Not looking forward to it as I only have to look at a boat moored on water to be violently sick. Dosed myself up with Kwells and got there to find the classroom was a floating one I was terrified. To put it in perspective - I have been very very sick on the Grand Union Canal in a barge for an hour Anyway the Kwells worked, I managed nearly six hours in the floating classroom and two hours on a boat in the Broadwater. I did the exercises in the boat without killing anyone else - never having been in a small boat before and we both came away with our boat licences

I am so bloody proud of myself and hubby keeps looking at me as though I am someone else entirely and keeps telling people how brill I was. I just needed to tell you lot

Maybe, just maybe, if I ever go to New York again, I will actually be able to get on the ferry to see Ellis Island without sobbing in total fear and being violently ill just looking at the rest of my family going without me
Excellent, let us know when you're going out there and I'll alert the authorities
Old Sep 6th 2007, 10:51 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

we both came away with our boat licences
Bloody hell.
Captain Pugwash must be getting worried
Old Sep 6th 2007, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Moneypen, I wish I could draw on your strength to conquer things that I'm not particulary keen on doing.
S xx
Old Sep 6th 2007, 10:57 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Well done!! You've got every right to blow your own trumpet
Old Sep 6th 2007, 11:31 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
hey,have you got a boat on the drive ?if you dont mind me asking...
Yes we have
You been stalking me
Old Sep 6th 2007, 11:32 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
Don't tell me... you looked down at the pedalo and thought "I don't remember eating that, normally it is just diced carrots and pineapple chunks"
Let us know how you get on. We keep meaning to book ours, but someting always crops up

Hubby says its more of a money-making exercise than anything else and its probably the young tearaways they are interested in; not the family types that are set for a bit of recreational fun.

Good luck though - do you want me to test you from the manual?

Jules x
Old Sep 6th 2007, 11:33 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Great stuff
Old Sep 6th 2007, 11:42 am
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by julesandco
Let us know how you get on. We keep meaning to book ours, but someting always crops up

Hubby says its more of a money-making exercise than anything else and its probably the young tearaways they are interested in; not the family types that are set for a bit of recreational fun.

Good luck though - do you want me to test you from the manual?

Jules x
Yeah, its the idiots that go 5 miles out in a tinny with no radio but a case of beer they are after. It is complusory though from April, and the water police DO checks on safety etc- we saw them at it hiding behind the harbour wall at Ocean Reef on Sunday

I must read the manual again. I read it when we first got the boat but have forgotten most of it
Old Sep 6th 2007, 11:53 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
Yeah, its the idiots that go 5 miles out in a tinny with no radio but a case of beer they are after. It is complusory though from April, and the water police DO checks on safety etc- we saw them at it hiding behind the harbour wall at Ocean Reef on Sunday

I must read the manual again. I read it when we first got the boat but have forgotten most of it
We saw the water police out with a speed camera one Sunday! They were flagging people down for speeding!

It's one of those things that's probably worse thinking about that actually doing.

Is Sam doing it too?

J
Old Sep 6th 2007, 12:10 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

When I said park either side of no.3 that's not quite what I meant.
Attached Thumbnails Blowing my own trumpet-141boat.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.