British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Bligh says "No" despite a clear majority (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/bligh-says-no-despite-clear-majority-484551/)

Fat Bloke Oct 3rd 2007 11:26 pm

Re: Bligh says "No" despite a clear majority

Well. Why not give us a flippin referendum, the whole state. Fair is fair eh?

Freakling farmers ruining my life. :sneaky:

annqldau Oct 4th 2007 8:41 am

Originally Posted by cresta57 (Post 5384062)
You sound like a typical whinging pom that's failed to assimilate into the Queensland lifestyle now.:eek::rofl:
No not at all, I oppose the introduction of DS into one very small corner of the SE.
However if a line were drawn North to South about half way through the state it would bisect the state through Cairns in the North and Cunnamulla in the South. That way the people who live in the states far West would not be disadvantaged by the influx of whingers to the South East corner of the state

I've assimilated nearly (haven't got the blue book yet) and now I want my sunshine so I can have a nice evening sit out and enjoy the life to the full.

Yes it would be nicer if they didn't have to split the state but the whingers in the North are never going to want the extra hour so why should the majority have to stay in the dark ages when it's obvious the small majority will never change??? Plus, the majority of people who don't want to change are the very people who have more flexibility about when they can start and finish work so could just ignore the change and still go at the equivalent time.

NedKelly Oct 4th 2007 9:54 am

Maybe we should compromise and just change by 30 mins.

Pollyana Oct 4th 2007 3:29 pm

One wonders what she will do next.....

Ms Bligh yesterday refused to sack besieged Labor MP Pat Purcell from a parliamentary road safety panel, despite his driving record being the worst in Cabinet during the past year.

Source

The Bloke Oct 4th 2007 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by Fat Bloke (Post 5385688)
Well. Why not give us a flippin referendum, the whole state. Fair is fair eh?

Freakling farmers ruining my life. :sneaky:

Who said anything is fair, especially in government?

chels Oct 4th 2007 4:43 pm

I'm expecting a whole raft of broken promises from Bligh - it's funny how things change when you get the top job and all that power...

This week they're churning out all the good news stories - next week, expect to hear the proper news about Traveston etc.