Wikiposts

Biltong stokkies

Old Nov 14th 2011, 10:37 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Biltong stokkies

Originally Posted by Professional
Where is Amazulu, I bet he has a secret recipe hidden somewhere, come on my little piece of Africa, come to Mumma and lets talk about your biltong.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 10:39 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Do they only do beef biltong in Australia?

Not meaning to be spoilt, but I want Springbok Biltong, we used to chew on that on our day tours and drink it with Windhoek lager. And once you start on a bag of biltong, before you know it you have eaten it all and your mouth has dried out completely.
I've only ever seen beef here - not many Antelope in Australia!

The best is Elephant biltong - but that's another, controversial story..........
Old Nov 14th 2011, 10:41 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu

When we first landed in Namibia, we were taken by car to our accommodation and one thing that really amused me, was people waiting by the side of the road with their shopping for a bus - no proper bus stop, and then close to them would be a few wild baboons and I had heard that the baboons sometimes steal the shopping.

That always made me giggle seeing the baboons so close to humans, just knowing they would mug them for their food.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 10:43 am
Proudly Deplorable

When we first landed in Namibia, we were taken by car to our accommodation and one thing that really amused me, was people waiting by the side of the road with their shopping for a bus - no proper bus stop, and then close to them would be a few wild baboons and I had heard that the baboons sometimes steal the shopping.

That always made me giggle seeing the baboons so close to humans, just knowing they would mug them for their food.
Baboons are nuts. In the wild they are very shy and timid but when they get into contact with humans they go f**king mental.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 10:51 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Baboons are nuts. In the wild they are very shy and timid but when they get into contact with humans they go f**king mental.
They were so much bigger than I had imagined, they actually would steal shopping bags and run off with them.

On our tour bus, we were doing the long drive to Etosha and we were over taken by this Ostrich, it was the funniest thing ever watching this huge bird running along, I almost could imagine it wearing cycling shorts, whilst listening to an ipod as it ran by.

Do you miss SA? I would give anything to revisit Namibia and see other parts of Africa as well.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 10:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the world of biltong - there's no going back now.

It's a $55/kg habit though..........
I need to set up my own biltong lab... I'm assuming that its unaustralian and against the law.... But I'm SURE I can produce it for a lot less than $55 a kilo

My biggest worry is "if it goes green it has spoiled so throw it away... I REALLY dont want to poison myself.... I suppose thats where the lab rats, sorry, hounds from hell will come in...

Iis off to Coles to buy me some silverside.... If I can find out what silverside is in australian....
Old Nov 14th 2011, 10:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Baboons are amazing mimics.... They are simply reflecting what they see
Old Nov 14th 2011, 7:44 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Baboons are amazing mimics.... They are simply reflecting what they see
Good job that they can't see their own behinds then.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 7:54 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

what does this biltong stuff taste like?

Someone offered me a piece but it reminded me of the chewy stuff I give my dog so I passed up on it
Old Nov 14th 2011, 8:03 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Like most saffers really
Old Nov 14th 2011, 8:03 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Like most saffers really
damn straight and don't you forget it
Old Nov 14th 2011, 8:07 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

damn straight and don't you forget it
Unlike yer good self
Old Nov 14th 2011, 8:43 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

They sell cuttle fish biltong at the Foodworks near where I work (is there a vomit smiley?).
Strangely enough when I asked the Asian shopkeeper about it, he said its not a huge seller....
Old Nov 14th 2011, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

rozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud of

Do they only do beef biltong in Australia?
We were talking about this over the weekend. Has anyone attempted to make biltong from kangaroo meat? Surely there is a gap in the market? We eat kangaroo steaks regularly and buy biltong regularly, so its only a matter of time.....

ps. my fave biltong is Ostrich, yum.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 9:09 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
They sell cuttle fish biltong at the Foodworks near where I work (is there a vomit smiley?).
Strangely enough when I asked the Asian shopkeeper about it, he said its not a huge seller....
There is now:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.