Bike accident

Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:49 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bike accident

I'd just got to work yesterday when I got a call from my OH saying he thinks he's come off his (push) bike and he's at home and covered in blood but can't remember how he got there.

So I rushed home (on my bike) and poor guy was laying down with blood all over him and could hardly move. He thinks he just hit a pothole, but he can't really remember so might have been knocked off by a car or something. So I got him to A&E and it turns out he's got severe trauma to the chest. He's broken 3 ribs in 2 places each, shattered his shoulder blade and punctured his lung. And obviously massive bloody grazes everywhere. He's in agony.

His bike helmet is really broken so thank God he was wearing one or that would have been his head....

They kept him in overnight in the High Dependency Unit to keep an eye on him. They're just waiting to do some tests today to see if the air pocket by his lung has got bigger or not. If it has they're going to have to put a tube in to drain it or something. Hope they don't need to do that.

Poor guy is in agony wish I could do something to help him.

Oh, and we're meant to be on holiday next week. We were only going down to stay with my parents in Cornwall but we're meant to be flying down there tomorrow but he's not allowed to fly cos of his lung. We'll see how he is and if we can get the train down for a few days, but see if he's up to it I guess.

No point to this thread really, just wanted to share. Everyone seems so far away - his family in Oz are all worried, and my family are in Cornwall.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:55 am
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bike accident

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
I'd just got to work yesterday when I got a call from my OH saying he thinks he's come off his (push) bike and he's at home and covered in blood but can't remember how he got there.

So I rushed home (on my bike) and poor guy was laying down with blood all over him and could hardly move. He thinks he just hit a pothole, but he can't really remember so might have been knocked off by a car or something. So I got him to A&E and it turns out he's got severe trauma to the chest. He's broken 3 ribs in 2 places each, shattered his shoulder blade and punctured his lung. And obviously massive bloody grazes everywhere. He's in agony.

His bike helmet is really broken so thank God he was wearing one or that would have been his head....

They kept him in overnight in the High Dependency Unit to keep an eye on him. They're just waiting to do some tests today to see if the air pocket by his lung has got bigger or not. If it has they're going to have to put a tube in to drain it or something. Hope they don't need to do that.

Oh, and we're meant to be on holiday next week. We were only going down to stay with my parents in Cornwall but we're meant to be flying down there tomorrow but he's not allowed to fly cos of his lung. We'll see how he is and if we can get the train down for a few days, but see if he's up to it I guess.

No point to this thread really, just wanted to share. Everyone seems so far away - his family in Oz are all worried, and my family are in Cornwall.
Hun...that's awful....any witness? Expect not! Poor guy! Can anyone come to you....your family? for a bit of support?
Sending you both loads of ))))HUGS((((
Have the police suggested anything??
Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:56 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Get well soon OH.

Where are your parents in Cornwall?
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:01 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smiling4
Hun...that's awful....any witness? Expect not! Poor guy! Can anyone come to you....your family? for a bit of support?
Sending you both loads of ))))HUGS((((
Have the police suggested anything??
Someone did stop to help him get off the road (but he doesn't know who it was). We haven't actually told the police. I guess we should?

I don't know, maybe they'll come up to see us. Guess we'll see if it's possible for us to go down there, see what the docs say today.

Thanks for the hug, didn't think I needed one till now :-(
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:01 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Get well soon OH.

Where are your parents in Cornwall?
They're in Falmouth.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:03 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

They're in Falmouth.
PM you, don't want to hi-jack.

Get well soon fella.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

We haven't actually told the police. I guess we should?
I think you should, it might be that someone else has reported it....

Must have been a shock for you. Good luck to him, hope he gets better soon.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:56 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

poor you and poor,poor him
i hope he starts to feel better soon, it may be worth seeing if the police have heard anything, does he remember where it happened?
K and hugs sent x
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:58 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Originally Posted by thewoodz
poor you and poor,poor him
i hope he starts to feel better soon, it may be worth seeing if the police have heard anything, does he remember where it happened?
K and hugs sent x
Yeah he's pretty sure he knows where it happened (at least roughly). Maybe I will report it then, guess it won't do any harm. I might go and try and see where it happened anyway - his glasses are probably still there by the road all smashed up
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:59 am

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

Someone did stop to help him get off the road (but he doesn't know who it was). We haven't actually told the police. I guess we should?
I think you defo need to contact the police.....just incase, plus they may also be able to find out how he got back home!
I don't know, maybe they'll come up to see us. Guess we'll see if it's possible for us to go down there, see what the docs say today.

Thanks for the hug, didn't think I needed one till now :-(
I think you defo need to contact the police.....just incase, plus they may also be able to find out how he got back home![/
You are more than welcome....take care and love to you both! Speedy recovery, remember you will both be in shock, so take it easy! Ems x
Old Jun 21st 2007, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Shit, hope he's ok. Good bunch on here, to support you if you need it. my oh came of his motorbike easter, had lots of support and stuff. Hope his tests are fine too... Take care... S-j x
Old Jun 21st 2007, 12:04 pm
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah he's pretty sure he knows where it happened (at least roughly). Maybe I will report it then, guess it won't do any harm. I might go and try and see where it happened anyway - his glasses are probably still there by the road all smashed up
lets hope if you go and see where it happened that there's an almighty pothole - i'm not hoping he went down it i'm just hopeful it doesn't mean an theres an alternative reason
Old Jun 21st 2007, 12:09 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Thanks for your nice wishes guys. I'm off to the hospital now to see him. Fingers crossed they don't need to do this lung tube thing. I'll let you know how he is later.

x
Old Jun 21st 2007, 8:51 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Well I've just left the hospital (they chucked me out at 9.15pm). They're keeping him in overnight again, and when I left he was still waiting for the doctors final decision on whether to do the lung tube thing tonight.

Hopefully he can come home tomorrow, but guess we'll wait and see.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 9:01 pm

Well I've just left the hospital (they chucked me out at 9.15pm). They're keeping him in overnight again, and when I left he was still waiting for the doctors final decision on whether to do the lung tube thing tonight.

Hopefully he can come home tomorrow, but guess we'll wait and see.
Hun...you take care, try n sleep...thinking of you both...rest easy Ems x ))) Hugs (((

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.