Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The biggest wave of migrants ever to the UK

The biggest wave of migrants ever to the UK

Old Jul 25th 2006, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default The biggest wave of migrants ever to the UK

Just when you thought you had seen it all in the UK.... apparently there is an even bigger influx of migrants about to happen. If you beleive the Daily Mail this is.

Just wondered what the view is. On the BBS, I got this information of, they think it's great. Helps the economy grow. However it is a London board.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...e_id=1770&ct=5

30,000 Romanians.....
Old Jul 25th 2006, 8:46 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The biggest wave of migrants ever to the UK

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
If you beleive the Daily Mail this is.
That's what I call a joke

G
Old Jul 25th 2006, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

gina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond repute

i think if there prepared to work in the country-good on um there are lots of British born and certain immigrant sectors that feel to proud to work or do manual jobs!

the only downside people in Britain may feel its another bulk of immigrants that the country cannot sustain!

in my opinion Ive only ever found the poles to be very hard working indeed!

hugs gee
Old Jul 25th 2006, 8:48 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

interesting quote:
"A recent Home Office study claimed idle British workers were being put to shame by hard-working east Europeans, who were happy to endure long hours for low wages"

i think that this probably sums up government thinking...

Tiggs
Old Jul 25th 2006, 8:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Do hardworking East Europeans contribute positively to the UK economy or not.... If so are prospects in the UK any worse or better than Australia for any migrant ?
Old Jul 25th 2006, 8:51 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
interesting quote:
"A recent Home Office study claimed idle British workers were being put to shame by hard-working east Europeans, who were happy to endure long hours for low wages"

i think that this probably sums up government thinking...

Tiggs
...and that is very similar to the Australian government's thinking.

G
Old Jul 25th 2006, 8:53 am
G'Day Mate

AussieFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeAussieFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeAussieFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeAussieFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeAussieFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeAussieFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeAussieFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeAussieFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeAussieFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeAussieFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeAussieFlyer has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, the Daily Mail...
Old Jul 25th 2006, 8:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by gina
the only downside people in Britain may feel its another bulk of immigrants that the country cannot sustain!

hugs gee
Well I hope those red neck types from "dunny in the wold" that feel anyone 5 miles outside of their 2000 year old ancestral home is a foreigner and to be mistrusted. Dont try and migrate and expect a better reception here.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 8:56 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Just when you thought you had seen it all in the UK.... apparently there is an even bigger influx of migrants about to happen. If you beleive the Daily Mail this is.

Just wondered what the view is. On the BBS, I got this information of, they think it's great. Helps the economy grow. However it is a London board.

30,000 Romanians.....
It is a pretty balanced article considering it came from The Daily Mail. I had 2 Polish guys build my extension in the UK. They worked hard & did a good job but they were not necessarily that much cheaper. The majority of Eastern Europeans do not want to live for ever in the UK, most want to make some money, study etc & then go back. For the government to say they are not having a negative effect on unemployment is ridiculous. Another point is that the quality of the women in London has improved, a lot of these Polish, Czech, Latvian women are babes. Overall I think it's a good thing. I'd rather have these guys coming to the UK than 3rd world muslims from Pakistan, Afghanistan etc. ie people who hate the west, will not assimilate & treat their women like dirt. I doubt whether the government will open up to Romanians & Bulgarians. It's a step too far & could be an election losing issue.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 8:57 am
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

30,000 Romanians.....
Don't get me started.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 8:57 am
G'Day Mate

AussieFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeAussieFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeAussieFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeAussieFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeAussieFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeAussieFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeAussieFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeAussieFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeAussieFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeAussieFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeAussieFlyer has a reputation beyond repute

Just one example, where i work here in London recently the company hired a hard working Polish girl, and the salary was: £12 thousand pounds and she said wow that is alot of money. Yeah right! But hey she then put her case forward, a couple of years working even on that salary then sending some back she will be able to live like a queen in Poland when she decides to go back... That's why they don't mind working even with low wages.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Last month Slough Council in Berkshire warned that local schools were struggling to cope following the arrival of 10,000 Poles in the space of a few months.

Tell me about it - this is where I live Sloughski, but saying that all the Polish people I've met have been lovely
Old Jul 25th 2006, 9:02 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
...and that is very similar to the Australian government's thinking.

G
good point

i wonder how many of australias 'skilled migrants' actually end up working in unskilled jobs ...

t
Old Jul 25th 2006, 9:07 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
good point

i wonder how many of australias 'skilled migrants' actually end up working in unskilled jobs ...

t
...or in casual positions.

A lot of Australians feel exactly the same about British (and other foreign) immigrants.

G
Old Jul 25th 2006, 9:16 am
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DebraH
Last month Slough Council in Berkshire warned that local schools were struggling to cope following the arrival of 10,000 Poles in the space of a few months.

Tell me about it - this is where I live Sloughski, but saying that all the Polish people I've met have been lovely
This is one of the problems that the grey suited dicklomats at Westminster don't seem to look at.

Schools, hospitals, libraries, banks, post offices???

With an estimated 500,000 failed asylum seekers loose in the country, plus this new waive from Eastern Europe, how the fck are the services and infrastructure supposed to deal with this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.